Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Manchester United Home. Post Match Day Thread 1 - 1

The way we started i thought we'd win but our weakness bit us in the arse again. Ulloa is a must if only for his height on set pieces. Vardy is unstoppable at the moment, truly a pleasure to watch.

Disappointed with the draw in the end and the fact we looked tired second half despite United playing midweek. Keeps us up there though

Apart from the fact Ulloa has an awful first touch and is forever giving away the ball. Just like today. Not to mention his poor finishing.

Harsh to say we were weak from set pieces today, we were only really challenged by one. Some of them, we dealt with very well, managing to play the ball out and hit on the counter quite successfully. The one we conceded, okazaki was clearly wrestled to the floor right in front of the ref.

Hope we can continue this form. :)

Not our finest performance as we couldn't control midfield, fair play to utd though they held possession well and Smalling was very good today. Jamie Vardy is truly sensational and thoroughly deserves all the plaudit's he will receive onwards and upwards.  

Bit harsh. The whole team need to work on set pieces. We're crap at defending them and we're shocking at taking them. 

I don't know why Huth wasn't on Schweinsteiger after the first, he nearly made it two. Yeah, they need a lot of work on set pieces.

Ok with the result considering how the second half went, great to see a handful of players that stay involved despite shift in momentum -- thought Huth, Fuchs, Drinky, and Vardy were great throughout.

They're the 4 I'd say too. Huth was very good today.

lets put in in perspective

Anthony Martial

£35,000,000

Bastian Schweinsteiger

£14,400,000

Morgan Schneiderlin £24,000,000   Matteo Darmian £12,700,000

Memphis Depay £25,000,000

Juan Mata £37,100,000

Be happy enjoy the moment 

Jamie Vardy £1M

Riyad Mahrez £250k

Our players perhaps didn't look as good today because of the quality of the opposition? Pleased with the point but in fairness it could have gone either way. Joint top aside goal difference. Gary's tweet is quality.

Happy days,

Well done the lads.

SL

From Squawka twitter:

Wayne Rooney stats vs Leicester:

70% Pass Accuracy

0 shots on target

0 chances created

0 take-ons

0 crosses completed

Subbed.

lol

Looks like Rooney broke the England record in the nick of time coz he doesn't look an international player anymore

We missed Okazaki 2nd half. His absence allowed them uncontested possession around the centre circle and that was one of the main reasons they bossed possession for the entire final 35 minutes. We're not a possession side but you do need to see some of the ball if you want to score.

Ulloa was supposed to be able to hold the ball up but barely got involved except to miss chances.

Perhaps starting with Ulloa and bringing Okazaki on at half time might have been the better choice.

Schlupp carried no threat at all. Should have been Dyer or christ, even Kramaric on the bench and throw him on the wing instead of Schlupp.

Overall a draw is about right and I have no major concerns at all right now.

You misunderstood or didn't see. Kanté was rooted to the floor when the ball came over his head. I'm not saying he's to blame I'm saying I think it was his ball rather than Kasper's.

I will have a look at replay when is on again but if it's Okazakis man he should be doing better to prevent it happening.

Thought Smalling was absolutely immense for them. Probably the best individual performance against us I've seen since we got promoted (I missed the Sanchez hat trick).

thought man played their usual game....we were not good when we had the ball as we have been...great achievement for Vards....fair result but we can play better....get the feeling that Ulloa is not quite with the pace of this team and Okasaki was not quite up to it tonight....but happy we are learning....Fuchs mom

Take that point to be honest.

Smalling was their best player by far. Kept Vardy quiet second half. They were limited to only chances from corners which shows our ability defending, but also our weaknesses.

3 points next week and that point will look good I think.

Thought Smalling was absolutely immense for them. Probably the best individual performance against us I've seen since we got promoted (I missed the Sanchez hat trick).

Agreed. Never rated him before this season but he was class today. Vardy was having to go wide to get away from him.

We looked a greater threat, they had no creativity going forward

Our endeavors into the opposing box were few and far in between. I personally thought that Manchester United - with all that possession and pressure going forward - were closer to a winner than us.

A draw is a fair result, though. However, Schweinsteiger's goal looked like a foul to me.

Actually little bit disappointed by that.

Man Utd were poor and although looked decent at the back they offered not much going forward. Our set piece defending is absolutely ****ing pitiful. Awful in fact. Do we try and work on this in training? And it's not just because we're a small team apparently it's.because we don't challenge or mark properly.

Schweinsteiger should have scored again early second half too. Just left him virtually free twice. We have a real chance of doing something this season but defending like that will hamper us so much.

General defending isn't too bad but every time opposition get a set piece I'm fearful. Why can't we sort this?

So happy for Vardy. Deserves all credit and Imo is England's number one striker. Showed this more by Rooney and his.shite performance.

Would have taken a draw before but they were there for the taking

They worked really hard at moving the ball quickly away and around Kante and doubled up on Mahrez and tried everything to gain a set piece advantage. With their mass of possession we didn't panic and kept to own strengths.

I'm delighted with the point and so proud for Jamie. 

You misunderstood or didn't see. Kanté was rooted to the floor when the ball came over his head. I'm not saying he's to blame I'm saying I think it was his ball rather than Kasper's.

Kante is on the post. Think it's a little unfair assessment to expect a player who's 5 foot nothing to deal with a header from close range when the keeper is unable to do anything too and he is bigger and can use his hands

Actually little bit disappointed by that.

Man Utd were poor and although looked decent at the back they offered not much going forward. Our set piece defending is absolutely ****ing pitiful. Awful in fact. Do we try and work on this in training? And it's not just because we're a small team apparently it's.because we don't challenge or mark properly.

Schweinsteiger should have scored again early second half too. Just left him virtually free twice. We have a real chance of doing something this season but defending like that will hamper us so much.

General defending isn't too bad but every time opposition get a set piece I'm fearful. Why can't we sort this?

So happy for Vardy. Deserves all credit and Imo is England's number one striker. Showed this more by Rooney and his.shite performance.

Would have taken a draw before but they were there for the taking

Yet our goal came from defending our own set piece?

Watched it in a pub in Dusseldorf.

I wouldn't have taken a draw pre match but would have taken a draw with Vardy scoring.

Happy to settle for a draw in the end after all the possession they had but we had the better chances, that Ulloa chance for ffs.

Ah we'll off to the Fury vs Kiltschko fight in 15 mins. :-)

Archived