Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

They took us seriously

I know this sounds like a small club mentality but for me the most pleasing aspect of today was that they took us seriously, they treated us as equals, they set up to stop us. In all my time following City I can't recall a 'top' side setting up to stop us; they've always viewed us more as an annoyance rather than a threat but today it was a clash of tactics and there was genuine fear of what we could do.

Guest bss9401

I agree with your sentiment and it made me very proud. It was never going to be a 5-3 but a small part of me wanted us to go 1 down so that we could have a right ding dong. Unfortunately if we had then they would have tightened up even more whereas last year they were too arrogant.

It is pleasing from that point of view. We did try to impose our style on them in the first half but abandoned it somewhat in the second. That may be down to fatigue, the timing of their goal or United just raised their game a level.

It shows how ar we've come to be frustrated by a point against them

You know what pisses me off, though? Headlines like, 'Man United held at Leicester' (bbc sport). We were above them; we are the form team; we were at home. It should have been 'Leicester held by United'.

You know what pisses me off, though? Headlines like, 'Man United held at Leicester' (bbc sport). We were above them; we are the form team; we were at home. It should have been 'Leicester held by United'.

Good thing.. we were lead story in the west Oz football report in the news.. annoying... "Leicester manage a draw against Man u".

I know this sounds like a small club mentality but for me the most pleasing aspect of today was that they took us seriously, they treated us as equals, they set up to stop us. In all my time following City I can't recall a 'top' side setting up to stop us; they've always viewed us more as an annoyance rather than a threat but today it was a clash of tactics and there was genuine fear of what we could do.

Van Gaal had huge respect for us and for me I think he was happy to come away with a point here, that was clear in the way he setup... they changed tactically for us.

Again Rooney didn't do much, instead of moaning.

Always rated Smalling, looks strong every time moreorless I see him play.

Unlucky for Darmian at the end in fairness, as that would've been a cracking goal.

Again Rooney didn't do much, instead of moaning.

Always rated Smalling, looks strong every time moreorless I see him play.

Unlucky for Darmian at the end in fairness, as that would've been a cracking goal.

Unlucky? If he had scored that we would have been robbed of a well deserved point.

They went sidewards a lot and I can see why their fans moan. I was worried everytime they came forward though, they did look threatening. They have glimpses of quality in their team - looking at De Gea, Smalling, Martial - but they aren't the force they were under Sir Alex.

Every Manchester United player also seemed to individually congratulate Vardy on breaking the record. He and the team have earned the respect of the big teams with our form from April onwards. Now we need to keep it! Love the fearless attitude this team display and Jamie Vardy just epitomises that.

Archived