Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Best of 2015

Artist of the Year: Kendrick Lamar

Album: To pimp a butterfly

Best album of the year by far so much going on the "I remember I was conflicted" references in many of the songs.  A Hip Hop album that makes you think while listening to it to work out and understand the message.  With Kamasi Washington and Thundercat amongst others in tow it's put music back into Hip Hop.

And after all that it's got some massive tunes a modern day masterpiece in my book

Artist of the year :Tame Impala - special mentions Wolf Alice, US girls, Swim Deep

Album of the year :To Pimp a Butterfly - special mentions to Grimes ‘Art Angels’, Wolf Alice ‘My Love Is Cool’, Foals 'What Went Down'

Song of the year: Kendrick Lamar 'Alright' - special mentions to D'Angelo 'Really love', vince stapes 'lift me up', Sufjan Stevens, 'Should Have Known Better'

This list would be different if I picked it tomorrow.

I was gonna do this but was never getting round to it so cheers Sam as I couldn't be arsed

Artist(s) of the Year: Jamie xx, Swim Deep, Foals

Albums of the Year: Young Fathers - White Men are Black Men Too, Real Lies - Real Life, Foals - What Went Down, Miguel - Wildheart, Jamie xx - In Colour, Swim Deep - Mothers

Songs of the Year: Jamie xx - I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times), Real Lies - One Club Town, Charli XCX - Doing It, Ricky Eat Acid - Dear Lord, Sundara Karma - Flame, Swim Deep - To My Brother, Spring King - Who Are You, Foals - London Thunder, FIDLAR - West Coast

Biggest Disappointment of the Year: Bloc Party - The Love Within (a track that makes me want to cry), Purity Ring - Another Eternity (biggest letdown of the year after how good their debut was in 2012), The 1975 (na), Slaves (bit harsh but really thought their album was gonna blow my balls off, it didn't)

Biggest Surprise of the Year: Swim Deep shifting from the beachy stuff to all sorts, Last Shadow Puppets announcing a comeback

Most Looking forward to in 2016: A new DIIV album and a new JAWS album, new Daughter album, steady. Last Shadow Puppets return is the one, though

• 2 weeks later...

Artist - Anathema

Gig - Anathema Cathedral and other unplugged.

Album/DVD - A sort of homecoming

Seriously if there are two better cocalists than Vincent Cavanagh and Lee Douglas on this planet then I will eat anything. Daniel Cavanagh a superb musician. Got to meet these people on their NZ tour.Truly amazing.

Archived