Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ranieri99

Fuchs

He's definitely as much of a bargain as Mahrez. Unbelievable really - that we got him on a free and there didn't appear to be much competition for his services. He has an amazingly cool and collected natural temperament too.

His pass for the Vardy goal against Man United was sublime - and probably one of my favourite assists of the season (stiff competition in that area though from Mahrez to Vardy versus both Chelsea & Liverpool; & also from Drinkwater to Vardy on numerous occasions). 

Why Fuchs was on the right wing at the time I can't quite work out.... Perhaps he was on a post at a corner?

He's definitely as much of a bargain as Mahrez. Unbelievable really - that we got him on a free and there didn't appear to be much competition for his services. He has an amazingly cool and collected natural temperament too.

His pass for the Vardy goal against Man United was sublime - and probably one of my favourite assists of the season (stiff competition in that area though from Mahrez to Vardy versus both Chelsea & Liverpool; & also from Drinkwater to Vardy on numerous occasions). 

Why Fuchs was on the right wing at the time I can't quite work out.... Perhaps he was on a post at a corner?

This is what I find really surprising. Either we got in first and tied him to a contract quickly or other clubs have terrible scouting teams.

It's not like he was an unknown like Kante was, he was even an international captain before joining us.

Transfer-wise, we've pulled off some absolute worldies

How can anyone not like this guy. Pure class act on and off the field. Came across really well on BT's Premier League World and I actually believe him when he says the players aren't think past the next game. Fills me with confidence that the pressure isn't getting to them or him at very least. 

I have a friend who is a photographer and was at training ground this week to shoot Fuchs specifically. Mad as a box of frogs apparently. My friend said as a sports photographer he's shot at many different grounds and he's never been to one where players and staff are so friendly and open to chatting and saying hello to him as much as at Belvoir Drive. So open and likeable apparently. He loved it :)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/16/leicester-christian-fuchs-claudio-ranieri

The best bit comes right at the start:

"Christian Fuchs is chuckling long before he finishes telling the story behind his surprise 30th birthday party and how one of the guests got the date wrong. The Leicester defender celebrated the landmark at a local restaurant, where team-mates joined family and friends 72 hours before last Sunday’s win over Sunderland, yet it turned out the small print had escaped the attention of a certain Italian. In a moment of comedy gold, Claudio Ranieri walked into an empty room the day before and wondered where everybody was hiding."

“That’s the best question you could ask me,” Fuchs says, breaking into laughter when the subject is brought up. “My wife, who had organised the party, told me the story after we arrived on the evening. Jon Sanders, the player liaison officer, had sent Claudio the invite, saying: ‘Can you come by for an hour, it would be great.’ Claudio probably didn’t look at the invite, only where it is and not the date, and he just went there.

“He contacted Jon and was like: ‘Hell, Sando, where is this party? I’m on the first floor, second floor, nobody is here!’ So the next evening I put Claudio on the spot, because I wanted him to tell his story to everybody there. I did a little speech, then I called him up. He said that Jon Sanders is now only working for the academy."

“So in the end Claudio came to my birthday twice and that’s an even bigger honour. I couldn’t believe he was there – I don’t think there are too many managers that would show up. And he was smiling, enjoying the party, not worrying that I had one or two glasses of red wine. Claudio’s a great character.”

I just can't express in words my love and respect for Fuchs. He's smart, clever, intelligent, funny, bonkers and a great team man. When all's said and done and we look back on this season in years to come, we'll realise what an integral part of the jigsaw he was. I reckon he's the heart beat of our team and the personality that sums up what we're all about. He's a leader and a selfless individual who puts the team performance and spirit above himself. I love footballers who don't have an 'ego' or take themselves too seriously. He's right up there with my all time favorite players of all time. Whatever he does after football, I'll follow his career with interest. I think he'll be famous/successful in whatever he chooses to do in the future. This guys got the 'X-factor' for me. Love him  :thumbup:

What an articulate guy Christian Fuchs is. I know he spends time in the USA every year but this is the first season he has spent in an English speaking country. His English is at an amazingly high standard. There is nothing really new in the content of this podcast interview but it is a pleasure to him talk about the team and the season.

VIDEO: Leicester City left-back Christian Fuchs challenges David Lloyd staff to bike challenge

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/VIDEO-Leicester-City-left-Christian-Fuchs/story-29158328-detail/story.html#ixzz46Yt0zhI5 
Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Archived