Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewEnglandFox

The busiest run of the year: the next 7 games....

Here we go again the old protegy of we haven't played anyone yet? The as soon as they play someone good they will get beat and fall away? The when their luck runs out their bubble will burst and they will be back to relegation fodder etc, etc.

The way our team is playing we have nothing to fear from any team in this league. We have played all teams now once and we have acquitted ourselves really well against all of them and barring Arsenal at home we haven't been stuffed by anyone.

I believe play as we are buy two possibly three players in January and we could go on to even challenge Arsenal, Man City for the title.

Tis a pity we didn't turn up away at Liverpool cos watching them last night at Sunderland they were awful. I believe we will beat them at home and pressure will both be on Man City and Arsenal to beat us when they are at home. Play as we know we can, we are capable of getting results their.

Went on an Arsenal forum yesterday and they were very complimentary about us when we played Man City. They were raving about Mahrez (i thought he was poor against City). Some even said how did we beat them 5 2.

Enjoy the season for what it is let's not worry about who,where,what and when. As the players have alluded to one game at a time starting with Bournemouth on Saturday bring it on.

This exactly!  :thumbup:

I reckon....

Bournemouth (H) (2/1) WIN

Tottenham (A) (13/1, Wednesday) DRAW

Villa (A) (16/1) WIN

Stoke (H) (23/1) WIN

Liverpool (H) (2/2, Tuesday) DRAW

Man City (A) (6/2) LOSS

Arsenal (A) (13/2) LOSS

So 11pts from 7 games, enough to keep us comfortably in the top 4 but not enough to put us top.

We're going to take Arsenal 2-1. You heard it here...eh, not first, but early!

In the past,looking at those fixtures would evoke a gloomy response.

This season,with what CR and the team have done,who knows?

I have lived in exile in NW London for the past 40 years. For the first time, MO'N era included,I have not had to explain or justify my support for LCFC.

I am no longer jousting with Watford fans but listening in awe to how Spurs, Ar*e and the odd Chelski wonder how their teams will cope with LCFC and when our "bubble" will burst.

I love the way CR has taken pressure off the players,in his genial way taking it game to game.

Long may it continue,and if we get 2 or 4 points from Spurs & A*se so much the better! 

Why does looking ahead mean one can't enjoy the season? People have targets in their minds of what they think can be achieved so it's quite natural to work out where the points might be coming from. It's not so easy to just say "we'll see what happens" when it's like this, especially if we're still in contention late in the season.

We were worrying enough in relegation and 2nd level promotion years...be fked if I am going to play pretend, when future is secure.

The targets are not in the fans power to change, and my dreams stay positive.

At present top 4 is looking good, with title still in our grasp...but I have not programmed myself for any disappointment where looking to the future is concerned.I am loving the moment...no further.

This moment in time..10th,8th,6th 4th..title not computing..Bournemouth, Fa-cup spurs. Thats it.

PS....Febuary I wont panic or worry when it comes, I will enjoy each game 1st ,then analyse,

not go begging for 'what ifs'.

Something like ten points would signify a great success here.

But I'd rather take one game at a time, people are getting carried away a bit too easily now with us being joint-top/second on goal difference in the table.

Approach the Bournemouth game with a winning mentality and positive vibes and then off to Spurs with the same mindset. And continue that as long as possible.

The thing is, all teams face fixture congestion in the second half of the season.  We are no different except we have no League Cup or European competition distractions and I'm resigned to a 3rd round FA Cup exit which I'm fine about.  

From now until the end of the season we have 10 home games.  30 points available.  We have played everyone in the top 6 as it currently stands and should fear nobody.  Our home form from now until the end of the season is sooooo important.  If we play to our potential at home and pick up some bonus points on the road against the likes of Sunderland and Villa together with a couple of draws, 70+ points is not unrealistic.  

It's all super exciting.  I wish we were playing every day!

I'm going out on a limb and saying we won't beat Stoke.

Bournemouth win

Spurs would take a draw.

Villa must win

Stoke would take a point now. They are decent going forward.

Liverpool difficult but beatable

Man city and arsenal away back to back anything from either would be a plus.

I'm going out on a limb and saying we won't beat Stoke.

Bournemouth win

Spurs would take a draw.

Villa must win

Stoke would take a point now. They are decent going forward.

Liverpool difficult but beatable

Man city and arsenal away back to back anything from either would be a plus.

Im struggling to see what you're actually definitively forecasting bayfox other than tomorrow :)

Classic fence sitting but made me smile!

• 1 month later...

Archived