Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinio'sCat

Glenelgfox - A Fighting Fox

I'm not ashamed to say I've just welled up reading this...

I have for years (including the Topp Tiles League 1 season) worn the current season home shirt pre-game and when we win and the away shirt for a draw. I wear a previous season's shirt for a loss. I have a small band of fellow City fans here in Adelaide, South Australia and have copped shit from plastic fans of other clubs mainly Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea followers for my loyal and passionate support of the LCFC.

My close mates who follow the PL have always admired my allegiance and loyalty to Leicester and now are paying respect and actually closely following Leicester and learning that we ain't that small as often portrayed in the media out of sheer ignorance.

I have always thought our time will come one day and maybe that is this season, who knows how it will finish but we are a big shout for CL Football so I will happily take that come seasons end if we cannot win the league.

After watching us slip live into League 1 not so long ago, I thought I was destined never to see us mix with the "big boys" but fvck me we are doing just that and holding our own. It may take this year plus a few years more but there is no reason why we cannot compete at the pointy end each year in the future.

I will as always pre game, win, lose or draw proudly display my allegiance to the LCFC - difference is at present I strut with arrogance and puff my chest out even more.

I have never seen City play in the flesh so to speak but have followed them since I was a kid (7 years of age - I am now nearly 51) from the other side of the world in eras where there was no internet and very little English Football on TV. I am also dying of terminal cancer and no one thought I would see out last season when they gave me 4 weeks to live at start of March. I am actually posting from a hospital bed now having had cancer spread to my lungs and spent the last 12 days plus a few more to come after lung surgery. City survived and so have I - coincidental but great re more time alive!

Not knowing how long I have left, this season really is priceless and dreamland for me.

I will always be Leicester til I die!

Even though he is as far away as it is possible to be, he has kept the faith... Puts our moans and quibbles into perspective! 

On the thread that was posted, someone said this needs posting on the dressing room wall, which is so true.

I wonder if we could do more?

Glenelgfox, that is quite simply the most powerful post I have read here. Best of luck from us all, keep fighting like a true Fox. 

:scarf: :scarf:  :scarf:

Words Don't describe how much that has touched me !

Glenelgfox keep fighting but if/ When you time comes please be sure that in this part of Leicestershire we will lift a glass in your honour !

Thank you for being so brave to share that with us all , if I could reach out and hug you man I'd give you a big sqeeze !

Reading things like this make you realise how lucky you are even when you think your not.I am 51 hrs old and was born and have lived in Leicester all my life so have been lucky to have been able to see us play all that time,for someone on the other side of the world to support City for that same time without being able to see them live is fantastic.

Keep fighting mate and I really hope you get to see something special this year.

I agree that the post should at least be shown to the players if not put up in the dressing room.

Archived