Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinio'sCat

Glenelgfox - A Fighting Fox

Hopefully somebody at the club is reading this. I'm sure our owners would fork out the money to get this fella to the KP for just one game... If not I'd happily contribute £100 if we could set up a fundraising page!

Keep strong my fellow fox and keep believing!

I don't get to games as money is tight. But I would be so happy to help make this happen.

Mark can we donate to the site with a message saying why so this could happen?

I'd love the players and club to get wind of this. And I'd happily contribute to any fund, but I think firstly we should establish whether or not the gentleman in question is fit, able and willing to travel. Not to be the cold, hard, pragmatist but I assume travel and health insurance could be an issue. Maybe Top can send the Gulfstream to pick him up?

But I admire the sentiment and maybe we should raise some money anyhow. Even if he cannot make the trip, I am sure the money could go to good use.

Hi all - money is not the issue re fares etc, it is to do with health and cost of health and repatriation if I fell really ill or died in England. I really appreciate the sentiments etc. and the fact people are willing to dip into their own pockets or even attempt to rally and raise. Trust me there are a lot more deserving and suffering in our world's who need desperate help - trust me I have met many on this cancer journey.

Having said all that if the club came up with something I would seriously think about it....!

Again thanks so much just to be thought about.

If glenelgfox can't make the trip, is there anyone that has a good connection with the football club that could ask  the following favour as a tribute to our long distance 'brother-in-arms'?

Ask the club if they would donate a City shirt, signed by all of the 1st team squad & get it posted to him?

I'm sure he would treasure such a gift.

Keep smiling Glen & stay strong!

If glenelgfox can't make the trip, is there anyone that has a good connection with the football club that could ask  the following favour as a tribute to our long distance 'brother-in-arms'?

Ask the club if they would donate a City shirt, signed by all of the 1st team squad & get it posted to him?

I'm sure he would treasure such a gift.

Keep smiling Glen & stay strong!

Or a video message?

I knew how Glen's post made me feel, and that this community would appreciate the opportunity to give their support. As it was buried in a thread, I thought many might miss out, although many splendid sentiments were posted there.

Thanks to FT, we are able to include foxes fans far and wide, in a way that has just wasn't possible until relatively recently, and that is a truly wonderful thing.

Group hug! :o  :tumbleweed:  :thumbup:  

Thanks all for your wishes and support. Got out of hospital yesterday (Tues) afternoon and slowly recoverin at home and recomenced chemo.

My first name btw is Tony - Glenelgfox user name comes from Glenelg the main beachside suburb of Adelaide, South Australia.

I tie / share all my original family roots to the village of Skeffington in Leicestershire which still exists to this day and is my actual family surname. It features prominately in our Family Tree / Coat of arms. I was destined by blood to follow the LCFC.

Good to hear you're doing a bit better.

I am so desperate for you to see us finish in a Champions League spot this season and then witness our glorious Euro Trip! :)

All the best for now and keep us updated on your status whenever you feel like it.

Thanks all for your wishes and support. Got out of hospital yesterday (Tues) afternoon and slowly recoverin at home and recomenced chemo.

My first name btw is Tony - Glenelgfox user name comes from Glenelg the main beachside suburb of Adelaide, South Australia.

I tie / share all my original family roots to the village of Skeffington in Leicestershire which still exists to this day and is my actual family surname. It features prominately in our Family Tree / Coat of arms. I was destined by blood to follow the LCFC.

All the very best Tony

All the best Tony. I'm from Tugby myself, a fellow villager!

Best Wishes Tony

I used to work with a guy called Malcolm Skeffington back in the 60s

I used to know a couple of people from Skeffington, Tony.

Do you know of - or are related to - a family called Hessin?

Just seen this thread, very emotional read. All the best Tony, keep positive - hopefully the club can do something of you. 44 years supporting this team, from thousands of miles away, through thick and thin, is frankly amazing.

I used to drink in the Skeffington pub in the 70's, although it is now long gone. Fox and Hounds, I think. Had friends who lived near Tilton. Take care and let's hope City put a smile on your face tonight.

Archived