Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

The whole reason our owners bought the club was to get maximum exposure for their company, which means tv, which, for football,means sky. Banners at the game with fvck sky on them doesnt exactly present the image of a professional football club that gets its revenue from sky so it can buy all these new players in a good light, does it.

About 10% of the TV audience for this game will be in the UK. We'd get the other 90% if it was 3pm Saturday anyway.

Whatever happens and however many do take part can those of both sides, staying downstairs for five minutes and those not, can we please have respect in the stands for whoever does what?

I have depressing visions of sniping and arguments during the first half from some of both sides, which won't help anyone.

Don't see how  a 5 min protest is gonna help. Hinders the team and Sky will just ignore it. 

Cancel Sky subscriptions or take a massive banner to every game left this season. They'd have more impact. 

Yes because a maximum of say 100 people will cancel... which probably makes up 0.0001% of skys revenue. 

Protest will at least get exposure on facebook pages / twitter ect.

5 mins won't hinder the team, if anything it'll fire all the fans up coming in late to support the team and abuse Sky

Cancelling Sky is another action to help, but unless done in large amounts - won't effect Sky's revenue. The 'armchair fans' that Sky appeals to will love it that the game is on TV.

5 mins won't hinder the team, if anything it'll fire all the fans up coming in late to support the team and abuse Sky

Cancelling Sky is another action to help, but unless done in large amounts - won't effect Sky's revenue. The 'armchair fans' that Sky appeals to will love it that the game is on TV.

Exactly.. You see people on here buzzing that its now on Sky. 

Nobody seems to have any consideration to the poor sods getting up at 4 in the morning to get there...

I'm not going, and so (and for anybody unable to go) I'm pretty glad it's on tv (for obviously selfish reasons). But I really feel for anybody that this has affected - much like moving the Newcastle game has affected me, though fortunately not financially. Still, I understand the frustration. In my opinion, remaining in the concourse achieves little, if anything and I think people are romanticising the idea of being the fans that did something about Sky's dictatorship over the league. They will persist to move games and inconvenience people without a care, and people will still watch them - myself included (I'm no white knight, as much as I'd love to be).

However! It would be incredible if this went ahead and whoever is organising it (Union FS, I assume from the above) managed to get the Arsenal fans onside, too. The likely hood nears impossible as I don't feel I'd entertain that idea were it the other way around, but an empty stadium of that size screams a lot louder than an empty away end alone. Best of luck to those who take part should it go ahead, but be realistic about the outcome.

Don't see how  a 5 min protest is gonna help. Hinders the team and Sky will just ignore it. 

Cancel Sky subscriptions or take a massive banner to every game left this season. They'd have more impact. 

This is a difficult area for fans to raise their point. I'm going to the game even though it's noon on a Sunday.  I'd have gone if it's £100 for a ticket.  But that's not really the point. 

The point is a significant element of the product SKY and others show is the "occasion", and broadcasting the passion shared by 60,000 people in one place.  A five minutes boycott is a very small, but real, reminder to the individuals that make these decisions of the significant inconvenience such late notice can have to the tens of thousands of people who contribute to the product packaged by TV companies. 

For me, it's not hypocritical to be angry with such a decision and still attend.  It's a sensible way to publicly demonstrate that a rash decision has consequences for many.  We're not the first and certainly not the last group of fans who've been let down in this way, but given the high profile nature of the match it's probably the best opportunity we've ever had to get our voices heard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3411053/Leicester-fans-plan-Arsenal-boycott-protest-against-Sky-Sports-rescheduling-table-clash.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Already picked up on by the Mail and nothing has even happened yet. Whether Sky choose to ignore it on the day (I'm sorry but what are they going to do if there's a corner taken by the Leicester fans in the first 5 mins? Quite highly likely if Arsenal attack that way first half which is usual for them, no?) is not particularly relevant. As people have said above, you make your own media these days - as the Mail have proven within 3 hours of the statement being posted.

Missed out on tickets but still livid about them doing this: on behalf of those going if nothing else. We were first and second in the league when the February fixtures were announced anyway- it's not like suddenly we've been awarded 30 points.

The boycotting five minutes is a good idea, but it will be especially effective if we can get Arsenal fans on board. It would be brilliant for it now to be played in front of an empty ground for the start.

And those saying it wouldn't get exposure... You can absolutely guarantee those click bait sites ala Buzzfeed and Joe.co.uk would lap this up and it would be all over Facebook. "Did you notice the tens of thousands of empty seats at the Emirates? The reason will surprise you..."

The excuse of Sky can cover it up doesn't wash with me.

Gonna be honest here and say.

Although I am now out of pocket having paid for trains twice now. I can't see missing the 1st 5 mins is gonna help.

1 sky will just ignore panning the cameras there for that period.

2 although I would empathise with fans. As a player I would hate walking out to an empty away end. So unless we plan to turn up for the warm up as some do. Welcome them onto the pitch and them all turn round on mass and **** off back down the concourse.

Sad to say buy $ky rule the game now days.

The whole reason our owners bought the club was to get maximum exposure for their company, which means tv, which, for football,means sky. Banners at the game with fvck sky on them doesnt exactly present the image of a professional football club that gets its revenue from sky so it can buy all these new players in a good light, does it.

Spot on

Not showing 3pm Saturday fixtures was supposed to make sure fans would still attend those games but it's just meant that games are shifted to ridiculous times. Let all the 3pm games be shown, red button style and have the extra revenue distributed down the leagues.

Those who want to go will go as the TV distractions already exist.

Does make me think future of football is bleak. People go on about how we should be thankful for Sky for all the money. No chance. Football was great before Sky and it's still be great without the millions. The money has been a poison. Standards have been raised but the match day experience for fans has been worsened.

Archived