Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guy

Last home game of season (v Everton) notion.

This might be a ridiculous question/notion that drops to the bottom of the Forum like a stone in no time but does anybody think the Thai owners would honour the tradition of a unique club like ours and by doing so send out open invites to all the previous LCFC managers (who are still alive and well of course) to attend the final game of the season at King Power v Everton IF we were guaranteed to be Champions by then??

This would be regardless of their success rate with us  - and if so would they all attend? They would be ranging from 'failed' managers such as Frank McLintock, David Pleat, Craig Levein, Ian Holloway, Bryan Hamilton and Peter Taylor...... through to the more successful managers like Micky Adams, Gordon Milne, Brian Little - rounded off by the two legends being there too - Martin O'Neill, Nigel Pearson. I doubt that it would happen but I wonder if they all wish such a thing would and would any fans on here like to see that idea happen too?! Probably not!  

Without sounding insensitive, all the managers from the past have had absolutely no impact on this season whatsoever.

The only man who has had some impact would be Pearson, who was basically sacked in bad circumstances.

But all the managers of the past have been lauded at the time they managed if they were successful.

I mean, what exactly would we be welcoming back managers like Megson and Tater Peeler for? We hated them. They probably hated us. Its like the guy you hated at school who all of a sudden drops a friend request on facebook. No ta.

Without sounding insensitive, all the managers from the past have had absolutely no impact on this season whatsoever.

The only man who has had some impact would be Pearson, who was basically sacked in bad circumstances.

But all the managers of the past have been lauded at the time they managed if they were successful.

I mean, what exactly would we be welcoming back managers like Megson and Tater Peeler for? We hated them. They probably hated us. Its like the guy you hated at school who all of a sudden drops a friend request on facebook. No ta.

My essential vibe on this is that all the managers who enjoyed success here would possibly be made 'special guests' of sorts for the game for the possibly magical 'would be' occasion - if you get my eccentric drift?? The others like Taylor and Pleat were inserted as more of a light hearted joke more than anything else - and no, I haven't been drinking!   

Is this not a tad premature?

One of many premature threads IMHO. We've got threads on passports, who we'd rather play away in the CL, where we'll get the trophy presented etc. It's doing my nut in.

I was thinking about this this morning, well something similar, should we win the league a huge part of that will be down to Pearson and the foundations he laid, would he be invited to the KP for the last game of the season, or the trophy presentation/parade?

Would you invite him?

It really depends on the relationship between him and the owners and what actually caused him to be sacked, how personal it got, etc.

As a fan it would be nice to see him given the credit he does deserve but in a way that doesn't detract from Claudio.

As for  the rest, fvck the lot of them, except O'Neill, Little and Adams it is amazing to think that of the 15 or so managers I've seen as a Leicester fan only 5 have had a positive impact on the club, and you could argue that Adams' tenure ended with us worse off than when he started. 

First lets finish the season as strongly as possible then we start worrying about how to celebrate it.

Archived