Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guy

Last home game of season (v Everton) notion.

This might be a ridiculous question/notion that drops to the bottom of the Forum like a stone in no time but does anybody think the Thai owners would honour the tradition of a unique club like ours and by doing so send out open invites to all the previous LCFC managers (who are still alive and well of course) to attend the final game of the season at King Power v Everton IF we were guaranteed to be Champions by then??

This would be regardless of their success rate with us  - and if so would they all attend? They would be ranging from 'failed' managers such as Frank McLintock, David Pleat, Craig Levein, Ian Holloway, Bryan Hamilton and Peter Taylor...... through to the more successful managers like Micky Adams, Gordon Milne, Brian Little - rounded off by the two legends being there too - Martin O'Neill, Nigel Pearson. I doubt that it would happen but I wonder if they all wish such a thing would and would any fans on here like to see that idea happen too?! Probably not!  

I'm not sure its wanted or appropriate.

Which is how I felt about some of the above names actually.

list would be (if you went for all living managers)

frank o farrel

frank mclintock

ian macfarline

gordon milne

Bryan hamilton

david pleat

mark mcghee

Martin o'Neill

Peter Taylor

Dave Bassett

Micky Adams

Craig Levien

Rob Kelly

Martin Allen

Gary Megson (he may turn up for the first 10 minute)

Ian Holloway

Nigel Pearson

Paulo Sousa 

sven goran eriksson

that would be 20 including claudio. and a bloody long introduction. 

list would be (if you went for all living managers)

frank o farrel

frank mclintock

ian macfarline

gordon milne

Bryan hamilton

david pleat

mark mcghee

Martin o'Neill

Peter Taylor

Dave Bassett

Micky Adams

Craig Levien

Rob Kelly

Martin Allen

Ian Holloway

Nigel Pearson

Paulo Sousa

sven goran eriksson

that would be 20 including claudio. and a bloody long introduction.

When did Brian Little die??

When did Brian Little die??

oh....****....

amended list then:

frank o farrel

frank mclintock

ian macfarline

gordon milne

Bryan hamilton

david pleat

Brian Little

mark mcghee

Martin o'Neill

Peter Taylor

Dave Bassett

Micky Adams

Craig Levien

Rob Kelly

Martin Allen

Ian Holloway

Nigel Pearson

Paulo Sousa 

sven goran eriksson

I was thinking about this this morning, well something similar, should we win the league a huge part of that will be down to Pearson and the foundations he laid, would he be invited to the KP for the last game of the season, or the trophy presentation/parade?

Would you invite him?

It really depends on the relationship between him and the owners and what actually caused him to be sacked, how personal it got, etc.

As a fan it would be nice to see him given the credit he does deserve but in a way that doesn't detract from Claudio.

As for  the rest, fvck the lot of them, except O'Neill, Little and Adams it is amazing to think that of the 15 or so managers I've seen as a Leicester fan only 5 have had a positive impact on the club, and you could argue that Adams' tenure ended with us worse off than when he started. 

First lets finish the season as strongly as possible then we start worrying about how to celebrate it.

Good words on this whacky, unlikely theoretical idea. In fact all the posts have made for an interesting , mixed read - and as I expected most are thumbs down for the idea!

As for what you say about Pearson at this precise point in time, in conjunction with the club and the goings on from last summer, then it is an awkward one indeed with what actually happened last summer (ambiguous even), leaving a fair bit to the imagination still re what was said behind closed doors. No two ways about it though, if it wasn't for him (alongside Shakespeare and Walsh) then we definitely wouldn't be where we are today. I was surprised he didn't take the Bristol City job actually.   

Well I would love to see Nigel Pearson get an invite back for this game IF we are Champions by then! He deserves a lot of praise for this amazing journey too along with the players and Ranieri!!  

Well I would love to see Nigel Pearson get an invite back for this game IF we are Champions by then! He deserves a lot of praise for this amazing journey too along with the players and Ranieri!!  

Do you think he'd want to attend after being sacked less than a year previously?

Fvck off. Having Nigel Pearson there would be so stupid and disrespectful to Claudio.

Claudio inherited a wonderful squad and staff, I'm sure he's gracious enough to know that he couldn't have gotten us close to winning the league this season without inheriting that and he's also self-confident enough to know that they wouldn't be close to winning the league without what he's added to the side. If the club chose to invite a manager who did a fantastic job at Leicester City then no one should have an issue with that, be it Martin O'Neill or Nigel Pearson, and if we're celebrating winning the league I highly doubt Claudio Ranieri would give a shit.

Claudio inherited a wonderful squad and staff, I'm sure he's gracious enough to know that he couldn't have gotten us close to winning the league this season without inheriting that and he's also self-confident enough to know that they wouldn't be close to winning the league without what he's added to the side. If the club chose to invite a manager who did a fantastic job at Leicester City then no one should have an issue with that, be it Martin O'Neill or Nigel Pearson, and if we're celebrating winning the league I highly doubt Claudio Ranieri would give a shit.

Youll probably just trot out the "you didnt like Pearson" rhetoric but how much credit for winning the league can Pearson really take?

Not much really.

We say Pearson brought the players in, which is true, but that includes Morgan who most people didnt think was good enough, Danny Simpson whod been completely frozen out and again no one thought was good enough, Drinkwater who barely played a game and looked like he was heading out, Albrighton who he only gave a run of games at the end of the season, Kramaric who has totally flopped.......

Ranieri has managed to turn top level misfits into title contenders, and get performances from Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, the back four that are out of this world. Pearson cannot take credit for that, as he couldnt get 20% of the quality out of them at the top level that Ranieri can.

Secondly, its all too convenient to say Pearson instilled the spirit and drive in the team. The team for large parts of last season lacked these qualities, and we now play a completely different style of play. No credit attached to Pearson for this.

And finally, when talking about inheriting the back room team, its all too convenient to not give a mention to any of the staff Ranieri has brought to the club or the effect their work has had.

Pearson takes all the credit for getting us out of league 1, getting us in the Premier League and then keeping us up. He however gets no credit if we win the title, it all goes to Ranieri and the staff here now.

Youll probably just trot out the "you didnt like Pearson" rhetoric but how much credit for winning the league can Pearson really take?

Not much really.

We say Pearson brought the players in, which is true, but that includes Morgan who most people didnt think was good enough, Danny Simpson whod been completely frozen out and again no one thought was good enough, Drinkwater who barely played a game and looked like he was heading out, Albrighton who he only gave a run of games at the end of the season, Kramaric who has totally flopped.......

Ranieri has managed to turn top level misfits into title contenders, and get performances from Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, the back four that are out of this world. Pearson cannot take credit for that, as he couldnt get 20% of the quality out of them at the top level that Ranieri can.

Secondly, its all too convenient to say Pearson instilled the spirit and drive in the team. The team for large parts of last season lacked these qualities, and we now play a completely different style of play. No credit attached to Pearson for this.

And finally, when talking about inheriting the back room team, its all too convenient to not give a mention to any of the staff Ranieri has brought to the club or the effect their work has had.

Pearson takes all the credit for getting us out of league 1, getting us in the Premier League and then keeping us up. He however gets no credit if we win the title, it all goes to Ranieri and the staff here now.

Can't really argue with a lot of the above and while Pearson  and his backroom staff in their second spell with us did very well to finally get us out of the Championship and brought some gems to the club along the way, it's as clear as day that Ranieri has to take the credit for this season and has since improved all the players no end and got the self belief to an all time high with each improved player. Meanwhile the team as a whole has gone from strength to super strength!  While it is tough to say how the team would be faring under Pearson now had he not been sacked it is a strong possibility the team would just be plateauing out now in a mid table position. I do remember Pearson's reluctance to play some of our key players tyhis season ie Albrighton for much of last season until the flurry of wins at the end which kept us up. Vardy and Mahrez were definitely not the force under his leadership that they are under Claudio's either.

All the same, whether he would come back as a guest spectator or not, we still have much to thank NP for, not least his backroom staff that still remain and who wouldn't be here now had it not been for him!  

Fvck off. Having Nigel Pearson there would be so stupid and disrespectful to Claudio.

Disrespectful to Claudio? You joking.... Claudio should be thanking him for the squad that Pearson built for him. In fact... Pearson should lift the trophy then pass it to Claudio. Like a father giving away his daughter at a wedding

Disrespectful to Claudio? You joking.... Claudio should be thanking him for the squad that Pearson built for him. In fact... Pearson should lift the trophy then pass it to Claudio. Like a father giving away his daughter at a wedding

I hope you got some much needed sleep

Not much really.

I agree that if Pearson was still in charge I don't think we would be top, possibly top half but unlikely top. Ranieris tactics are far superior, he has done an amazing job.

However, I still think as much credit goes to CR should also go to Pearson. At the end of the day every single player in our starting line up is a Pearson player. CR had to be persuaded to sign Kante by Walsh and NP persuaded Fuchs to come here.

The thing is... Our current backroom staff (brought together by NP) identify players with talent but more importantly the right attitude... A lot of that is paramount to our current success.

There is no doubt CR will feel lucky to have inherited this squad and I bet he has a lot of respect for NP and his backroom staff, just as I believe NP will have for CR.

Long term... It is important we keep hold of Walsh and his team for our future player recruitment and any LCFC fan that says NP doesn't deserve ALOT of credit for our current position is quite frankly brain dead.

The thing is... Our current backroom staff (brought together by NP) identify players with talent but more importantly the right attitude... A lot of that is paramount to our current success.

There is no doubt CR will feel lucky to have inherited this squad and I bet he has a lot of respect for NP and his backroom staff, just as I believe NP will have for CR.

The thing is... Rudkin, our facilities, NP, his backroom staff, the money to buy and pay our players... and now Claudio... all that was brought together (or promoted I believe in Rudkin's case) by our owners. If you're gonna give NP partial credit for what we are doing now, then it is obvious the owners deserve credit for what we have done and are doing now. And they are the owners.

After last season's outbursts and the Thia fiasco, it would be disrespectful for Pearson to be there, taking away from the credit and respect that belongs to the owners, Claudio, the players, and everyone else currently at the club.

The thing is... Rudkin, our facilities, NP, his backroom staff, the money to buy and pay our players... and now Claudio... all that was brought together (or promoted I believe in Rudkin's case) by our owners. If you're gonna give NP partial credit for what we are doing now, then it is obvious the owners deserve credit for what we have done and are doing now. And they are the owners.

After last season's outbursts and the Thia fiasco, it would be disrespectful for Pearson to be there, taking away from the credit and respect that belongs to the owners, Claudio, the players, and everyone else currently at the club.

I feel this is a very valid point.

We are extremely lucky to have these owners, and they rarely get any credit for a lot of seriously good work theyve done for the club.

The virtiol directed at them in the summer from large parts of this forum was embarrasing and shocking in equal measure.

I feel this is a very valid point.

We are extremely lucky to have these owners, and they rarely get any credit for a lot of seriously good work theyve done for the club.

The virtiol directed at them in the summer from large parts of this forum was embarrasing and shocking in equal measure.

The owners should get a huge amount of credit no doubt about that.

That being said they are not really that different from owners of other clubs for example, such as Derby, Stoke, Middlesbrough (teams that were around our level). The difference being the have surrounded themselves with people who know what they are doing in football.

In my opinion they haven't done that much different to other 'bottom' half PL teams. If anything, they have invested less in the playing squad than a lot of other teams in the PL.

For example, Man City just spent a fortune and you can say they are DEFINATELY where they are due to the owners investment. The same can't be said about us, we got a bit lucky to be promoted when we did (we didn't spend much that season) so yes the owners deserve a huge amount of credit due to running the club the 'right way' but they haven't done much differently to other foreign investors. We've just have the right personnel and a bit of luck for everything to 'click' into place.

Pretty sure they are quite superstitious I'm terms of luck. Why invite anyone that managed us when we were down on our luck.

I can understand some of the better managers we have had. But Taylor and a few others would be about as popular in the KP as a sausage roll at a bar mitzvah

lol

"Sorry for sacking you Nige, but do you want to attend the last home game of the season so we can rub in your face how good we've been without you? Please bring James along, we can have a ceremonial rimming at half time?" 

Archived