Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

EU referendum opinion poll.

EU referendum poll.  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish the UK to remain in or leave the EU?

• Remain
    • Leave.
    • Not sure

No problem I promise I wont merge as I'll get banned by Mark ;)

At the moment I haven't been convinced to stay and I'm fundamentally irritated by the fact the public only voted in the last referendum to stay in a Common Market which I was very much in favour of.

As I've said even parts of the UK don't want to stick together so what chance a united Europe?

Any chance of inserting a "not sure" / "sitting on the fence" option, Webbo?

Otherwise, I'm abstaining for now. Genuinely not sure which way I'll go yet. Will definitely vote, just need to find out more about it first.

Done.

1, The EU is undemocratic to the core. No one is allowed to vote for or against its leader.

2, The UK tax payer contributes approximately £19 Billion. The EU spend Approximately £12 Billion of our money back on us. Better to spend it all ourselves.

3, In campaigners try to abuse their position with economic scare stories. The following link crushes that http://uk.businessinsider.com/reasons-why-uk-leaving-the-eu-brexit-is-a-good-idea-2015-10

4, http://www.nakedpolitics.co.uk/home/10-reasons-why-the-uk-should-leave-the-eu

Effectively, the EU is a dictatorship with huge ambitions for more power over the people. The irony is, that it was created to protect us from such a thing. We are paying for our own demise.

border control is a must... They really are a bit of an okey cokey county...

Any chance of inserting a "not sure" / "sitting on the fence" option, Webbo?

Otherwise, I'm abstaining for now. Genuinely not sure which way I'll go yet. Will definitely vote, just need to find out more about it first.

Just as long as its the border control fence you are sitting on.... Someone needs to keep an eye on those Rutlanders!!

Guest BlueBrett

Leave. Not really based on either pragmatism or principles, mostly just because it would amuse me to see the status quo shaken up so badly. Also because I'm sick of people who haven't actually got a clue what the implications will be trying to tell us they'll be this and that for better or worse. There's only one way to find out and I'm intrigued. 

It's a Leave from me.  The renegotiation amounted to absolutely nothing as everybody predicted.  Not a single power returned, not a single penny saved.  It's the same old EU juggernaut with a few 'guarantees' that will be tossed aside as soon as Cameron and the current EU leadership moves on.  

In truth I don't really blame the PM for this.  Trying to return powers to Britain would have had to involve serious treaty change which would have been like trying to get blood out of a stone, or trying to get Harry Kane to breath through his nose instead of his mouth.

I honestly believe that a Brexit could do the EU some good by accelerating it's death, as make no mistake, she is dying before our very eyes with the continued economic downturn, the worsening migrant invasion, growing Islamic extremism and prolonged Russian aggression.  

The sooner Europe returns to the very simple notion of sovereign states with trade deals and defence pacts the better. 

Saying that, the British electorate appears keen on constantly moaning about Politics and Politicians yet votes for the status quo again and again, so I'm not too confident in a Leave vote.

Out for me, we joined in the early 70's when we were considered to be the poor man of Europe, now the European dream looks a tired and disjointed mess, the Euro hasn't worked and you could argue is responsible for approx 50% unemployment for under 25's in Spain.

1, The EU is undemocratic to the core. No one is allowed to vote for or against its leader.

2, The UK tax payer contributes approximately £19 Billion. The EU spend Approximately £12 Billion of our money back on us. Better to spend it all ourselves.

3, In campaigners try to abuse their position with economic scare stories. The following link crushes that http://uk.businessinsider.com/reasons-why-uk-leaving-the-eu-brexit-is-a-good-idea-2015-10

4, http://www.nakedpolitics.co.uk/home/10-reasons-why-the-uk-should-leave-the-eu

Effectively, the EU is a dictatorship with huge ambitions for more power over the people. The irony is, that it was created to protect us from such a thing. We are paying for our own demise.

Is that an in or an out then? Or are you not sure?

In for me.

It's just too messy for an ex-pat. Think markets would be very volatile for at least 2 years (it'll take at least that between any vote and a reasonable resolution) which could hurt European economies.

I may have to take dual nationality as well, which I don't want to, in order to continue living and working here.

Undecided. Not a fan of the institution in its current form. Economically it pushes austerity and in terms of foreign policy it's merely an extension of Nato. The migrant crisis has shown up 'european solidarity' for the pipe dream it is.

Having said that I've lived and worked visa-free in a few different EU countries so I partially feel like I'd be a hypocrite if I voted out.

In for me.

It's just too messy for an ex-pat. Think markets would be very volatile for at least 2 years (it'll take at least that between any vote and a reasonable resolution) which could hurt European economies.

I may have to take dual nationality as well, which I don't want to, in order to continue living and working here.

If you are earning the money you say you are I don't think a working visa will be a problem anywhere.

Interesting how Out is becoming more and more of a "reasonable" stance as opposed to the very right wing connotations it used to be associated with. Feels like momentum shifting very firmly that way, albeit I haven't seen any recent polls.

Interesting how Out is becoming more and more of a "reasonable" stance as opposed to the very right wing connotations it used to be associated with. Feels like momentum shifting very firmly that way, albeit I haven't seen any recent polls.

One of the reasons I'm hoping Nigel Farage and UKIP stay away from a lot of this campaiging over the next few months, we need to get swing voters voting to leave and they aren't the people to do that, they have done a fantastic job in forcing Cameron to give us this referendum, but it's the moderates job to now go and win it.

The media will be interesting as well, so many different political views supporting different things.

So far I've got...

Definite "Ins" - Daily Mirror, The Sunday Times, The Telegraph and The Guardian.

Definite "Outs" - Daily Express, Daily Mail and The Morning Star.

Swayers - The Sun (although likely to be out), The Independent, The Times

If you are earning the money you say you are I don't think a working visa will be a problem anywhere.

It wouldn't - the point is it isn't necessary now.

The moronic public led by the moronic media.

You think anyone voting out is moronic?

Are you Webbo is disguise?

That's not what I said.

I think the mass public in the UK are voting morons whether in or out. They don't understand the subject, they don't understand the consequences, they are led by a media which has replaced their priests of the past.

Archived