Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Drinky in England 40 man squad?

I don't think Drinkwater will break into the England side unless we qualify for the CL or he moves to a more established club than us. 

Hate to say it but Woy (and other England managers in the past) have a strong preference to select players from 'known' clubs.

It's partly a media management thing - any England manager knows that if they take a punt on a player at a 'lesser' club and it goes wrong, they'll be murdered by the press.

Luckily for us, it looks like CL qualification is a real possibility this season...

Wouldn't it be refreshing if the 10 invited players were the likes of

Drinkwater, Noble, Deeney, Shawcross even Simpson... And then 5 lads from the U21's for the experience/chance to make an impression personality wise.

The only way I will be happy without DD in the squad is if the middle 3 consist of both Alli and Barkley in some fashion. The "current generation" are so uninspiring and its about time to let the team grow as a settled team. Same goes for Dier, Stones, Kane etc. For all we dislike Spurs, there's promise in their English talent.

If Mason and Cleverly get the nod then I'll lose the will to live...

The only way I will be happy without DD in the squad is if the middle 3 consist of both Alli and Barkley in some fashion. The "current generation" are so uninspiring and its about time to let the team grow as a settled team. Same goes for Dier, Stones, Kane etc. For all we dislike Spurs, there's promise in their English talent.

If Mason and Cleverly get the nod then I'll lose the will to live...

Barkley's shit

You can only beat the team you're playing.

True but hiding behind a 100% record from that qualifying group and suggesting it prepares us for the euros is way wide of the mark. The Leicester twam from November last season would have qualified from that group.

If we did somehow win the league this year it would be a disgrace if there was only one foxes player in the squad.

I hope its true, he deserves it. If its on "merit" then all our English players should be in the England squad, we are top of the league. Roy loves to use the word merit, he says its only on merit who gets picked.  so if thats true then all our English players should be picked, and players like Welbeck and Townsend and the other trash he picks can't be. I won't hold my breath though,. he only picks from the same few clubs. 

I know Simpson isn't even Leicester fans most liked player, but I was at the game on tuesday night and he totally out-shined Clyne, infact Cylne was garbage all game, constantly giving the ball away. 

True but hiding behind a 100% record from that qualifying group and suggesting it prepares us for the euros is way wide of the mark. The Leicester twam from November last season would have qualified from that group.

If we did somehow win the league this year it would be a disgrace if there was only one foxes player in the squad.

It's one thing hiding behind a 100% record, whatever that means , but it's not something to be criticised for.

Archived