Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

On to ARSENAL, away.. Next up....

Have got one point from our last 16 visits to Arsenal and not beaten them in 20 games home and away. This is going to be extremely tough. But we have broken so many hoodoos this season so who's to say we can't do it again?

Guess it'll be the same team and approach as yesterday. Hopefully they'll play a high line with Mertasacker back in defence.

So long as we approach it in our usual positive manner I don't worry about the result too much. Not many thought we'd get more than 3 points from Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal and we already have 6 from the first 2. Would be terrific if we could get something but I don't see it as too damaging if we lose

Same as yesterday team wise and ethos, we have a FREE pop at the Arse now and all the pressure is on them AGAIN ala City yesterday.

They have to come at us as they're at home and they NEED to beat us, that plays right into our hands, chaaaaaaaaaarge COYB

Same as yesterday team wise and ethos, we have a FREE pop at the Arse now and all the pressure is on them AGAIN ala City yesterday.

They have to come at us as they're at home and they NEED to beat us, that plays right into our hands, chaaaaaaaaaarge COYB

Love a free pop at the Arse

Our defence has improved enormously since September. There is little prospect of the Gooners getting the space and freedom the enjoyed at the KP.

They do have world class players in Ozil and Sanchez but will we allow them the space?

Mertesacker was on the bench today.Wenger will probably go with Koschielny and Gabriel next weekend but will they have the legs for Vardy or the wit and guile to counter Mahrez with Shinji mopping up the ricochets?

Wenger: Leicester clash is must-win for Arsenal

Arsene Wenger says only a win will do when Arsenal take on Premier League title rivals Leicester City next week.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger acknowledged that next Sunday's clash at home to Premier League leaders Leicester City is a "must-win" for his title-chasing team.

The Gunners won for the first time in five league matches by beating AFC Bournemouth 2-0 on Sunday thanks to first-half goals from Mesut Ozil and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

That result put Arsenal above Manchester City and into third in the Premier League, but they still trail Leicester by five points.

Wenger knows the importance of the game as part of a crucial weekend that will also see second-placed Tottenham take on title rivals City.

"It is another must-win game," Wenger told Sky Sports. "We play at home, we will have our fans behind us and of course we are playing now against one of the favourites for the Premier League.

"We of course look at their strong points to make a strong defensive performance against them. We have to prepare now."

When asked who should be considered favourites to win the match, Wenger replied: "Favourites do not have great meaning.

"The only thing you can say is it is a big game, a very important one for the Premiership as well. It is a very big weekend for the Premiership because of the big games next week so let's prepare and win it.

"Leicester have made a big impression in the last week after their results. They suddenly become the favourite in the Premier League and it makes our game big."

Wenger: Leicester clash is must-win for Arsenal

Arsene Wenger says only a win will do when Arsenal take on Premier League title rivals Leicester City next week.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger acknowledged that next Sunday's clash at home to Premier League leaders Leicester City is a "must-win" for his title-chasing team.

The Gunners won for the first time in five league matches by beating AFC Bournemouth 2-0 on Sunday thanks to first-half goals from Mesut Ozil and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

That result put Arsenal above Manchester City and into third in the Premier League, but they still trail Leicester by five points.

Wenger knows the importance of the game as part of a crucial weekend that will also see second-placed Tottenham take on title rivals City.

"It is another must-win game," Wenger told Sky Sports. "We play at home, we will have our fans behind us and of course we are playing now against one of the favourites for the Premier League.

"We of course look at their strong points to make a strong defensive performance against them. We have to prepare now."

When asked who should be considered favourites to win the match, Wenger replied: "Favourites do not have great meaning.

"The only thing you can say is it is a big game, a very important one for the Premiership as well. It is a very big weekend for the Premiership because of the big games next week so let's prepare and win it.

"Leicester have made a big impression in the last week after their results. They suddenly become the favourite in the Premier League and it makes our game big."

Never did I think that I'd hear Wenger specifically speaking about stopping us.

He's also building the pressure on his team. Excellent.

We genuinely go there with no expectation, no fear and with the freedom we have enjoyed all season. Can't wait!!!

I am so excited about this game.

I love football and love Leicester City but I have actually got other interests in my life.

However, at the moment I am just so focussed on Leicester, that I am in a daze between games.

I am continually calculating what results would be good from other teams fixtures.

I think of worst case scenarios then best case, then worst case again then best case.... And on and on.

I am just so happy.

Come on Leicester make a big 55year old kid very happy, keep it up.

Never did I think that I'd hear Wenger specifically speaking about stopping us.

He's also building the pressure on his team. Excellent.

We genuinely go there with no expectation, no fear and with the freedom we have enjoyed all season. Can't wait!!!

Exactly my sentiments a FREE go with no weight of pressure or expectation!

Archived