Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

On to ARSENAL, away.. Next up....

I actually think this game is set up perfectly for us.

We've done such a great job of forcing teams to play wide against us and defending narrow. Arsenal will look to play through the middle against us and if we defend like we have recently we should do well.

I also don't think they'll have the discipline from their full backs. They will be bombing on at every opportunity and we've seen last week what happens when you over expose a centre back to Vardy and co. 

Arsenal and their fans make me laugh. Always moaning especially towards wenger. Ironically as a team it is so obvious when Walcott plays in their team they always do well. However, they just can't seem to grasp that?

I am hoping Walcott doesn't start against us. If he does we will struggle with their pace and inter passing especially around our box. I hope they play Giroud I believe Huth and Morgan will have him in their pockets.

Play as we did at Man City I think we will win. Our aim is not to lose and even if we do we still remain top of the league bring it on.

It's stat time again

Alexis Sanchez has scored four goals in his three Barclays Premier League games against Leicester City.

Theo Walcott has scored in both of his Premier League appearances against Leicester City.

The Gunners have won 12 and lost none of the last 18 Premier League matches against the Foxes.

Arsenal have won their last eight home Premier League meetings with Leicester City.

Three of the four players to have had a hand in 20+ goals in the Premier League this season will play in this match – Riyad Mahrez (24), Jamie Vardy (21) and Mesut Ozil (20).

Only Barcelona (10) have won more penalties in the top five European Leagues this season than Leicester City (9).

Only WBA (21.7%) have played a higher proportion of their passes long than Leicester City (20.9%) in the Premier League this season, while Arsenal have played the lowest proportion long (9.3%).

The Gunners have scored a league-low 32.1% of their clear-cut chances in the Premier League in 2015-16.

Leicester City have named an unchanged starting XI in their last five Premier League games; the last team to name the same starting XI in six successive PL matches was Arsenal in May 2015.

On the last 11 occasions that Arsenal have faced a team that was top of the Premier League, they have won just once (D4 L6) and scored only four goals (conceding 18).

Loving this stat. :scarf:

Would take a draw this weekend, Wenger seems to have us figured out.

How has Wenger figured us out? At the KP we played right into their hands. It was nothing to do with Wenger or Arsenals performance that game. It was our all out attack, gung-ho approach which made us lose.

This game will be an entirely different story.

Would take a draw this weekend, Wenger seems to have us figured out.

That said I would have took a draw against Man City which turned out better then expected.

how? even when they beat us it was mainly because we tried to play them at their own game rather than wenger figuring us out.

is that why arsenal are lagging behind in the title race, because hes too concerned with figuring us out?

One thing I have noticed about recent games against Arsenal, Ozil doesn't enjoy playing Leicester, I think it was the home game last season when he was begging to be subbed but they had used all their subs he was uninjured and just got up and jogged around, noticed similar  at home this season despite the scoreline he looked like he wanted  to be anywhere else.

He will probably get a hat-trick now, but I think our pressing harrying game will unsettle Arsenal. It just depends if they have the quality to pick out the good passes under pressure, like they did earlier in the season, or if the way we play  gets to them, disrupts their game and they get flustered.

Arsenal and their fans make me laugh. Always moaning especially towards wenger. Ironically as a team it is so obvious when Walcott plays in their team they always do well. However, they just can't seem to grasp that?

I am hoping Walcott doesn't start against us. If he does we will struggle with their pace and inter passing especially around our box. I hope they play Giroud I believe Huth and Morgan will have him in their pockets.

Play as we did at Man City I think we will win. Our aim is not to lose and even if we do we still remain top of the league bring it on.

The Wenger outers are a disrespectful ungrateful bunch imo who don't understand what a hard job he's had on a clearly limited budget because of the stadium loan build repayments and an owner who's probably trying to leverage finance off the back of our club.

Walcott's form is streaky though. On the left wing he's been poor to say the least. As a CF he started the season well but then his form dropped and he doesn't do well when teams defend deeply, which you probably will. So tactically it probably makes more sense to play Giroud who brings other players into play and offers an aerial threat and hold up play. Like I said though all of our forwards aren't in form right now. 

A good, balanced and informative post WWM, you will be meeting a much better side than the one you met earlier in the season as we're certainly not that naive any more. There is an air of confidence about our team and fans as the results rightly back up. The unit is tight and play excellent fast counter attacking football, not hoof ball, as the oiks on the bitter n twisted Spurs website say :)

Sunday is massive with all the pressure on you guys which is fact not mind games.

We're not deluded and realise if Arsenal at their best turn up we could get thumped. I personally and not disrespectfully believe the pressure will get to your players and fans and we will exploit any fragility. Time will tell :)

For those reasons you have a serious shot of taking this one. I'd still cash in if I was that lad with the £5 bet though. Lose and your odds will seriously drop. 

The Wenger outers are a disrespectful ungrateful bunch imo who don't understand what a hard job he's had on a clearly limited budget because of the stadium loan build repayments and an owner who's probably trying to leverage finance off the back of our club.

Walcott's form is streaky though. On the left wing he's been poor to say the least. As a CF he started the season well but then his form dropped and he doesn't do well when teams defend deeply, which you probably will. So tactically it probably makes more sense to play Giroud who brings other players into play and offers an aerial threat and hold up play. Like I said though all of our forwards aren't in form right now.

For those reasons you have a serious shot of taking this one. I'd still cash in if I was that lad with the £5 bet though. Lose and your odds will seriously drop.

And belive me so would I.

We've won at grounds we haven't had a sniff in for years this season. No reason we can't break the Emirates duck this time as well.

Looking a tad chilly for London Sunday morning as well and an early start. Hopefully their luxury players will be as happy about it as Man Cities were last weekend.

Archived