Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Myron

Visiting a game without any membership

Hello all! I'm a Dutch football fan from Rotterdam and I really want to visit a Leicester game sometime, preferably this season. However I don't have any kind of Fox membership and my question is if it's realistic to think that I have a chance at tickets for a home game or if they'll be sold out by the time non-members can try and get a ticket? I was thinking the game against West Ham at April 16th or Swansea at the 23rd. Can someone give me some advice about this?

Many thanks

If you're really keen I think you can still buy silver or city membership though obviously £20 is a bit steep on top of a ticket for one game.

I did this and I still can't get tickets for weekend games. Only week nights. Living down south with a two year old in tow, that's not really practical.

No offence to the poster, but this is going to become a regular occurrence if we keep this up.

How do people feel about that? It feels weird being in demand from people who otherwise wouldn't be interested. This used to be MY, OUR, unfashionable, second tier club- now we're on everyone's lips...

I did this and I still can't get tickets for weekend games. Only week nights. Living down south with a two year old in tow, that's not really practical.

I have basic membership and got tickets for Norwich at home just fine, you just have to get them on the morning they are released.

Having said that, they probably will go before then going forward to those a higher membership band if we keep this up.

Worth trying anyway!

No offence to the poster, but this is going to become a regular occurrence if we keep this up.

How do people feel about that? It feels weird being in demand from people who otherwise wouldn't be interested. This used to be MY, OUR, unfashionable, second tier club- now we're on everyone's lips...

So what would you prefer? That Leicester stay unfashionable and second tier so that you personally feel like you stand out from the crowd or that Leicester grow as a club, stepping out of the second tier, becoming a team that everyone knows, attracting world class talent?

As a Leicester fan from Scotland, I don't get to many games just because it costs too much when you consider travel,etc. Does this make me anu less a fan? I wasn't raised a Leicester fan, I was brought up a rangers fan but when I was taken to my first Leicester game at 13, I never stepped foot in Ibrox again because I felt a connection to Leicester and I embrace anyone who does the same,at any age.

Just because,your daddy and his daddy supported Leicester, doesn't mean you love them more than I do and I will never want MY CLUB to stop growing and attracting more fans from around the world.

So what would you prefer? That Leicester stay unfashionable and second tier so that you personally feel like you stand out from the crowd or that Leicester grow as a club, stepping out of the second tier, becoming a team that everyone knows, attracting world class talent?

As a Leicester fan from Scotland, I don't get to many games just because it costs too much when you consider travel,etc. Does this make me anu less a fan? I wasn't raised a Leicester fan, I was brought up a rangers fan but when I was taken to my first Leicester game at 13, I never stepped foot in Ibrox again because I felt a connection to Leicester and I embrace anyone who does the same,at any age.

Just because,your daddy and his daddy supported Leicester, doesn't mean you love them more than I do and I will never want MY CLUB to stop growing and attracting more fans from around the world.

I'm in a similar situation to you, hence why my post was inquisitive to those who go more regularly than I'm able to.

I'm thinking more along the lines of, the likes of you and I may be unable to see the team we've dedicated much passion to, at the expense of an advanced ticketing firm operating worldwide. See Anfield as an example.

If my post has encouraged that much of a hostile reply, maybe I've been misunderstood.

You are aware that it may not be just because of our success.

There are plenty of people who ground hop.

We met 4 Germans for the man city game over Christmas they had come over to get as many games in as they could. Our fixture being moved was just a bonus to them. They had been to Wales to watch a game. 2 in Scotland including driving down to our game and then driving back for the 2nd match.

Ground hopping is a big thing we are currently in holland having watched 3 games in 3 days.

And I wouldn't call going to see excelsior, Sparta or ado. Exactly glory hunting. Even if Sparta are top of the 2nd tier.

That said. I guess our success and global exposure is bound to lead to more of an interest in the club. After all that's what pays the wages. It's why the owners brought the club in the 1st place.

Hello all! I'm a Dutch football fan from Rotterdam and I really want to visit a Leicester game sometime, preferably this season. However I don't have any kind of Fox membership and my question is if it's realistic to think that I have a chance at tickets for a home game or if they'll be sold out by the time non-members can try and get a ticket? I was thinking the game against West Ham at April 16th or Swansea at the 23rd. Can someone give me some advice about this?

Many thanks

Let me know if/when you decide to come. I have a spare (I brought a season ticket for both of my sons, but one of them is a bit too young to come yet so I usually use his as a "spare").

I have basic membership and got tickets for Norwich at home just fine, you just have to get them on the morning they are released.

Having said that, they probably will go before then going forward to those a higher membership band if we keep this up.

Worth trying anyway!

Same, get on at midnight and not failed yet, only united was I forced to get singles in different blocks. Might be different for last game of the season mind!

Let me know if/when you decide to come. I have a spare (I brought a season ticket for both of my sons, but one of them is a bit too young to come yet so I usually use his as a "spare").

I'm flying in from USA to London for final match at Chelsea. I'm a Silver Fox but I have no loyalty points (go figure), so I doubt I'll get in on away allotment. Anyone planning on having extras for that match?

I'm flying in from USA to London for final match at Chelsea. I'm a Silver Fox but I have no loyalty points (go figure), so I doubt I'll get in on away allotment. Anyone planning on having extras for that match?

I'm a silver fox too, and for a few months now it's been more or less impossible to get away tickets - apart from a midweek game etc (like Spurs away). So sadly no hope for Chelsea away (particularly if you know what...). Gutting, as this is the first time I've bein able to get tickets for away games and I've been doing a good 8-10 for as long as I can remember.

The downside of success.

Archived