Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Bespoke Puma kit - Surely now is the time?

The fanstore told me there are no Puma BLACK TRAINING SHIRTS MENS UNTILL JUNE? :(

This is part of the reason there might be a change !

There is constant extended lead times on stock

This is due to 3rd and 4th party manufacturing processes

And a champions league club would have a huge value and there is talk the bonus negotiated with puma for champions league football is quite small

Would love Leicester to have an adidas kit!! Would probably be a template design though which is disappointing.

Puma have been ok but think they have underestimated our supply and demand which is frustrating as a fan plus with all the success we have had their has been very little endorsements from puma which is poor support/ & business logic from them really

• 1 month later...

Any deal would have needed to have been done weeks a go to be ready for the summer.

The new deal last summer was for Genesis, so I'm assuming it'll be Genesis again, unless there is an option for Puma to take over the contract.

Any deal would have needed to have been done weeks a go to be ready for the summer.

The new deal last summer was for Genesis, so I'm assuming it'll be Genesis again, unless there is an option for Puma to take over the contract.

Puma have a clause to take over the contract of any genesis team that has been in the Premier League for over 2 seasons so hopefully!

Puma have a clause to take over the contract of any genesis team that has been in the Premier League for over 2 seasons so hopefully!

With a bit of luck then our good start will have convinced Puma that we'll still be a PL side next season at an early enough stage so that they could take over the contract and design a bespoke kit in time for next season.

Even if it's not bespoke, though, itd still be a damn sight better quality than the genesis effort.

Most contracts have a buy out clauses which whatever company was interested in us would pay. I would guess that many kit manufacturers will be vying for Leicester. For us it will be a question of taste, for the owners money. Personally I think the best two at the moment are Adidas and Nike...but De gustibus non est disputandum.

Based on conversations I've had with folks who are in the loop on the kit designs, the club would actually have more input on the design if we remain with Genesis. Sure, Puma will create something custom for the club if we go with them, but the club won't have much of a say re: the look of the kits.

Archived