Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Bespoke Puma kit - Surely now is the time?

city have 3 shirts on their shirt "for decorative reasons"

a lot of european teams add stars for every 10 league titles won, or 5 if you're zenit

We have 3 shirts on our shirt?

Or do you mean Manchester City have 3 stars on their shirt?

Why would a Leicester fan call Man City just "city"?

6/7 years of living there... Meh.

Depends where you live, obviously. But it's affordable (compared to DC), less pretentious (compared to DC), and the core of the city (Fed Hill, Inner Harbor) is pretty decent. As much as I say otherwise, I like taking a few trips up there a year for baseball games and some concerts.

Lived in a nice area obviously. Baseball is shite. No one watches the game. Fed Hill is preppy white boy idiots who haven't finished spring break.

The commute to DC sucks ass, although the bar car on the train was fun.

Went to a nice reggae concert at the harbour, and no one got shot, so bonus.

With a bit of luck then our good start will have convinced Puma that we'll still be a PL side next season at an early enough stage so that they could take over the contract and design a bespoke kit in time for next season.

Even if it's not bespoke, though, itd still be a damn sight better quality than the genesis effort.

Just as another bit of info, Puma controls all the design/communication and sign off to any kits even if licensed to genesis, the only input genesis have is Production & Distribution

Source?

Had a very insightful interview at Puma HQ a few years ago :)

Can't we ditch the gold and have white instead? White on blue looks a lot more cleaner than that of gold & blue. Having said that though, win the league this season and there's no reason why we shouldn't have gold on it, i guess.

Unfortunately if we win the league we'll never see the gold Premier League patches now that Barclays are off the table :(

Can't we ditch the gold and have white instead? White on blue looks a lot more cleaner than that of gold & blue. Having said that though, win the league this season and there's no reason why we shouldn't have gold on it, i guess.

Unfortunately if we win the league we'll never see the gold Premier League patches now that Barclays are off the table :(

Winners should still get Gold Patches just not the usual Barclays ones

On the brand - please, please, please not New Balance.

Adidas are of course a huge brand but their strips and matchday gear tends to be very plain and uniform although their recent efforts for the Euros with the three stripes on the inside down the ribs and the clean looking designs have impressed me.

Nike have lost a few teams in the League and we'd surely look a prospect for them.

I'd say though it'd probably best if we got on to Puma directly and finished up with Genesis, get bespoke so we can have something unique(not the skin-tights though thanks)

Adidas are of course a huge brand but their strips and matchday gear tends to be very plain and uniform although their recent efforts for the Euros with the three stripes on the inside down the ribs and the clean looking designs have impressed me.

Nike have lost a few teams in the League and we'd surely look a prospect for them.

I'd say though it'd probably best if we got on to Puma directly and finished up with Genesis, get bespoke so we can have something unique(not the skin-tights though thanks)

Where's all this talk about a manufacturer swap coming from? Is it just a pipe dream or might there be truth to it? Just anything but Puma... or New Balance please. 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10205780/leicester-a-day-behind-the-scenes-with-the-premier-league-leaders

The club shop has now almost entirely sold out of home shirts and Paul Spencer, General Manager, PUMA UKIB said, "The demand has been incredible due to the teams on pitch performance. We are practically sold out across all three kits.

"The demand Is not only locally here in the UK but across the world as everybody tunes in to this fantastic story. Leicester are fast becoming everybody's second team.

"The new shirt will move on again in terms of design and performance, of course being respectful to the clubs heritage and tradition. Our combined role with Genesis as technical kit sponsor is to provide product that supports the players in delivering the highest performance on the pitch."

I'd be willing to bet that if Leicester is the Prem champion Nike would be vying for the kit. It is their MO. TBH I like puma. The Azzurri kits are very nice and very high quality. I don't see why this cannot be done here.

yeah but for those with man-b00bs that close-fit is not very good 

not a problem as there are 2 versions of the kit same as Arsenal have to. Annoys me that clubs Outside of the U.K.Don't get this Genesis sport garbage and get the real puma kits . look like bloody. Fakes !! lol

The branding is all changing from next season the new patches are dreadful 

Interesting because of the situation the Club shop finds themselves in now, if we'll see the new shirts sooner, rather than later...

No chance, there will be a launch date the manufacturer has to work to, this is planned back to last July , August in Genesis case and production is placed in January if not before at the latest.

Nike , Adidas and proper kits are designed and developed 18 months prior to delivery. Not the cheap generic Genesis badge up kits that we have currently got

I'd be willing to bet that if Leicester is the Prem champion Nike would be vying for the kit. It is their MO. TBH I like puma. The Azzurri kits are very nice and very high quality. I don't see why this cannot be done here.

So thats why we got rid of GTF... the thought of him in this kit didn't sit well with the owners...

No chance, there will be a launch date the manufacturer has to work to, this is planned back to last July , August in Genesis case and production is placed in January if not before at the latest.

Nike , Adidas and proper kits are designed and developed 18 months prior to delivery. Not the cheap generic Genesis badge up kits that we have currently got

Had our last game been at home rather than away to Chelsea i reckon we would've seen a the new kits revealed for the last game of the season, just like last season again QPR. Don't think it'll happen this time though :(

That is an issue isn't it! Well those tight shirts are a copy of Kappa design (first in the world with the "tight-and stretchy" design). It was Kappa's answer to people grabbing shirts. If someone was able to grab it is could stretch well over two feet without impending the player. Puma came out with their own way stretchable called Adap-Lite. Anyway Puma has the goods, so they can provide something better than what they are providing now. I agree these tight and stretch type shirts would be terrible on some of our fans...unfortunately we do have to think of them too...us I mean. ;)

Archived