Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burtonsfox

A gift for the owners from the fans

I think this is a great idea and I would imagine a lot of people scoffing the idea probably don't fully appreciate just how good our owners have been. You only have to look at many other teams to see they have owners that don't really care. Look what our owners have done, even outside of the playing squad, like clearing debt, buying the stadium, upgrading the stadium and training ground, Cat1 youth set up, free beers, scarfs, t-shirts, subsidised tickets, fan zones at back of the ground. They are genuine great people and they is nothing wrong with showing our appreciation and thanks. I do agree thought that we can't really buy them anything, but a gesture would be better, maybe a TIFO of the Thai flag with a Thank you, or massive Flag for fans to move around the stands, again featuring the Thai flag and Thank you message, something like that.

I think they already appreciate the fans and they know the fans appreciate them, two seasons ago Tops dad got out from his chauffer driven car in front of the main stadium and was given a round of applause and seemed quite chuffed.

If peeps want to get a gift then good for them :)

They are genuinely caring and understated, couldn't ask for better owners. I think they'd really appreciate a big flag/banner from the fans.. Whatever you say about it being a business, they have always gone out of their way to appreciate the fans. They've invested in the infrastructure from day one, something that much wealthier clubs have failed to do. I'd be happy to to chip in.

I think this is a great idea and I would imagine a lot of people scoffing the idea probably don't fully appreciate just how good our owners have been. You only have to look at many other teams to see they have owners that don't really care. Look what our owners have done, even outside of the playing squad, like clearing debt, buying the stadium, upgrading the stadium and training ground, Cat1 youth set up, free beers, scarfs, t-shirts, subsidised tickets, fan zones at back of the ground. They are genuine great people and they is nothing wrong with showing our appreciation and thanks. I do agree thought that we can't really buy them anything, but a gesture would be better, maybe a TIFO of the Thai flag with a Thank you, or massive Flag for fans to move around the stands, again featuring the Thai flag and Thank you message, something like that.

They're supposed to be good though. Comparing them to knobheads who have raped other clubs misses the point. I've never thanked my old man for not being Fred West.

It's  so easy to just donate a few quid you could do it without even thinking about why you're  doing it and what will happen to it.

It seems like the modern way to salve consciences. The world has become so money oriented and materialistic that people have forgotten how much more meaningful a verbal or written thank you can be some thing that takes a little bit of effort and thought than just clicking a button on a computer  and passing the job onto someone else. 

@@Union FS

maybe a TIFO of the Thai flag with a Thank you, or massive Flag for fans to move around the stands, again featuring the Thai flag and Thank you message, something like that.

How about a life sized picture of Rachel Riley in a golden plastic frame to stick in the away dressing room to distract the opposition from the match?

This.

Tifo or banner would be ideal, but there's no way we're getting a tifo with anything written in Thai - have a look at their alphabet and you'll understand why. The Thai flag and 'Thank You' would be fine though, and a nice gesture.

I'm all for the tifo to be honest, I think that's a great idea!

Something that can be displayed at the Everyon game as the players are coming out with some sort of message from the fans going around the electrical advertising boards around the pitch or something!? There must be some people at the club who can contact to look at arranging something like that too?

I app rice how good they've  been but this is a totally inappropriate  easy cop out way to thank them see my other posts.

@@Union FS

Surely we can use this money to buy a Huge banner or special TIFO to thank them ?

That would mean a lot to them I'm sure to see it from all the fans a massive thank you !

Come on let's do that ?

That's not a bad idea.

As for some of you other people on this thread. Do you really think that a present has to be something expensive, to show appreciation?

I believe our owners would be overwhelmed with such a gesture, not by judging it's value but by judging the thought behind it.

For the fans to thank them openly, with a well though out meaningfule sign of appreciation/gift, would be unique in world football, and our owners would value the gift for that reason alone. It would prove to them that they own the club with the best supporters in the world, not a bunch of penny pinching excuses of supporters like all the rest.

I app rice how good they've been but this is a totally inappropriate easy cop out way to thank them see my other posts.

What ?????

A Tifo would be inappropriate and and easy cop out ?????

A box of celebrations always works a treat.

My wife loves and a box full of black magic lol

Agreed banner/tifo but they don't come for free, this collection will go towards buying and planning this, again I know times are hard, and if you can't afford to give or don't want to give that's fine, just trying to help the lad get a bit of publicity, no need for the negative digs, check his page, dean Hawthorne on Facebook,

What ?????

A Tifo would be inappropriate and and easy cop out ?????

My wife loves and a box full of black magic lol

I didn't  say a tifo would be but just starting a collection with no idea of how it is going to be used is wrong, a tifo is ok but I still feel it's  impersonable how will they know who it's  from, if it's  in the kop it could be presumed to be just a unionfs thing.

I still prefer the personal touch and if I deem to thank them I will do it by signed letter.

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd better just say Hi and address some of the comments made above.

I understand the skepticism from some people and respect anyone who doesn't want to get involved.

It's not a thank you for the millions of pounds the've invested in the club which of course is greatly appreciated. It's for all the extra touches that go to the match day experience -the flags, clappers (now the norm), breakfasts for away supports along with the T-shirts, scarfs etc, the free beers, the photo booth and goal posts, the crazy golf and funfair all of which were free.

I also know it's going to be difficult to find the perfect gift, after all what do you get a billionaire? but just because they are billionaires doesn't mean some of us can show our appreciation and say a thank you. 

With the donations there will be total transparency with every penny accounted for all to see. I am not doing this for any other reason but to say thank you, nothing in it for me and there seem to be some that feel the same way.

But I do understand how some people are very cautious

Dean Hawthorne 

i'd rather people click on the donate button at the bottom of this page to help Mark keep this wonderful website running.

Though a banner with their faces on and thanks would, I think, be really appreciated by them.

I didn't  say a tifo would be but just starting a collection with no idea of how it is going to be used is wrong, a tifo is ok but I still feel it's  impersonable how will they know who it's  from, if it's  in the kop it could be presumed to be just a unionfs thing.

I still prefer the personal touch and if I deem to thank them I will do it by signed letter.

DavieG,

I have not said what were are going to get as I didn't know how much (if any) would be raised. But I have said that it would be decided by the all of the donors with suggestions of which the TIFO could be a good idea along with other good suggestions (a book of messages, an engraved pen set)

Archived