Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burtonsfox

A gift for the owners from the fans

A box of celebrations always works a treat.

As long as you dont want to give them a tin... thats just way over the top ;)

I think we should start a thank you page on foxestalk (with a built in thai translator), and then all donations could go to foxestalk.  :thumbup:

Not a case of being a miserable bastard, its more a case of being realistic.

Do you not think the 20000+ season tickets sold, the weekly capacity crowd and all the other money people spend supporting Leicester City is enough appreciation for our owners? I certainly do. I bet our owners have made an absolute mint already from owning LCFC and I'd bet my life that King Power has grown massively as a business as a result aswell. They are businessman, not football fans.

You make it sound so easy and risk free to invest in a football club. You just have to look around at the debris of football clubs who have had the heart and soul stripped out of them on the back of an ego trip. Yes they're making money now, but it hasn't always been the case, yet they have stuck to their investment in the infrastructure of the club throughout. What's wrong with appreciating the way they have conducted themselves and looked after the fans? As for 20,000 season ticket holders etc, they are coming because they love what this club have achieved and the way we are playing.. Down to the owners in my view. Some. Miserable buggers on here were threatening all sorts when they sacked Pearson and didn't appoint who they wanted... So yes I appreciate they kept their dignity and made some tough choices and came out and said 'trust us'.. I for one was worried, but am thankful to them for what they did.

Like others have said, it's a nice gesture and you don't have to support it but no need to be on a downer about it. We' re top of the league for God's sake!

It's stuff like this that makes we want to punch the internet.

i emailed them last night and they emailed me straight back.

Dear Cambridgefox,

Thankyou for your kind words.As a token of our appreciation please accept a free ST for life,free beers and pies,also for life,a yearly holiday to Thailand which includes a two minute trolley dash around the duty free.

Your sincerely

Your billionaire owners

See I bet you wish you had the idea now!

I don't think we need to get them a physical gift but I would quite happily back any gesture to show thanks to these guys. The amount of people who are of the opinion that 'they're just doing what they should be doing' is amazing really.

They've handled pretty much everything since they arrived here in a very honourable, honest and trustworthy manner which is SO much more than many of their league counterparts. We see owners tearing clubs apart for money and exposure whereas our owners have been tasteful, careful and thoughtful.

They have used our club for exposure but at the same time been wary of our concerns as fans. They've kept branding tasteful, cleaned the place up, got rid of debts, invested in all areas of the club and took us to the best position this club has been in a long time with great decision-making and awareness.

We could have done so much worse - so, so much worse.

Showing them appreciation by saying 'thank you' is very little to give but it's about vocalising our happiness to have them hear and strengthening our ties to them for the future so they continue to invest in this club for the fans and continue to keep our best interests at heart.

A fan funded tifo saying thank you in Thai or whatever, imo would be perfectly acceptable and a fair trade considering everything they've done for this club.

we could all get King Power window stickers for our cars.

if you dont have a car, what the fúck is wrong with you, its two thousand and sixteen!! 

I had to laugh at this very funny.

I have to say if nothing else the Tifo idea is a really good one

You know how they have the petition websites where you can add your name on could we not start one of those but a thank you note? As Buddhists wouldn't they appreciate the good Karma?

Or a really long chant at the Everton game

Another idea can't we actually start a petition for freedom of the city? Think Redknapp got one for Portsmouth after winning FA cup. They got an honorary degree from uni of Leicester and were happy about that

They may get it anyway but would be nice if we started the cause

A hamper with Foxes Mints, Walkers Crisps, some KP nuts, Red Leocester Cheese, A Thomas Cook voucher, an afternoon of styling with Gok Wan and a Showaddywaddy LP.

You forgot the Walkers Pork Pie & a ruddy great lump of Blue Stilton! Oh! and a pint of Everards Tiger!

What have I just read?

Wish i had quoted it now, but someone on page 2 or 3 actually said 'a gift will be hard to organise let's get Union FS to do a tifo instead'

Yeah cause organising a tifo is a doddle! lol lol

....and like I said in an earlier post donating money via a click on a web site passes the problem onto someone else whilst salving the conscience of the donator having 'done their bit'

What have I just read?

Wish i had quoted it now, but someone on page 2 or 3 actually said 'a gift will be hard to organise let's get Union FS to do a tifo instead'

Yeah cause organising a tifo is a doddle! lol lol

It was me AndWhat.

I meant it in a truly complimentary way that perhaps adding some Thai words to part of a  banner that you may have plans for would be a nice gesture. You guys are the absolute best at organising this stuff and in no way do I think what you do is a doddle. I have donated in the past and can only partly understand the time, planning and effort that must go into making these.

Please do not take offence as I was perhaps the only one who suggested a plausible idea. I wish I'd just made a cheap gag like everyone else if the result of posting my idea in anyway upset you.

It was me AndWhat.

I meant it in a truly complimentary way that perhaps adding some Thai words to part of a  banner that you may have plans for would be a nice gesture. You guys are the absolute best at organising this stuff and in no way do I think what you do is a doddle. I have donated in the past and can only partly understand the time, planning and effort that must go into making these.

Please do not take offence as I was perhaps the only one who suggested a plausible idea. I wish I'd just made a cheap gag like everyone else if the result of posting my idea in anyway upset you.

No offence taken mate, just made me laugh!

Guest LCFC_World

How about we buy tickets every week, mercandice from the club shop and buy season tickets every year that goes towards the club, that would be a decent gift...

FoxesTalk resorting to arguing about whether or not to get a bunch of people to chip in to buy a thank you gift for the owners is probably a sign that things are going well in Leicester City Land.

After we found out he asked Ranieri to stay even if we were relegated, I was massively impressed, especially in an age where Chelsea and Man City sack there managers for non instant success.

And, then saying they treat the management like family, asking them if they've any problems. Wouldn't swap them for anyone.

And after we went to Thailand, and Pearson junior decided that'd be the ideal place for prostitution and racial abuse, and ****, they still, albeit after equivocating, didn't immediately sack Pearson.

So something to celebrate their heritage, especially since they are proud, would be best. Gifts based on monetary value would be incredibly underwhelming to millionaires. Do the Thai TIFO.

Post your name below if you've be chippped in, or (frankly) do one... This thread has become boring - from the perspective of (I've not stuck anythjng in the pot, but I am happy to write endless posts justifying the fact) - a long long time ago...

Let this nice gesture run its course, chip in if you want to or sod off

First person who starts a 'let's raise money for a TIFO thread' gets a tenner from me....

Archived