Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Why do media instantly think that if we're looking at a player it's to replace what we currently have!? He could be to come in and add to the squad like what Gray has done.

Is it weird when you look at that list Arsenal, Chelsea, United and you think we have a better chance of signing this kid than them lol

Still think if we are in Europe Mahrez will stay but no harm in having another quality winger in to lighten the load and enable us to fight the cup competitions more effectively.

He will get 120k a week anywhere ! So really to keep him he needs to be signing a new deal like Vardy

I think he himself made it clear he wouldn't be looking to leave this past January transfer window but would re-evaluate things come this coming summer

He is going to offered mega deals !

If we want to keep him we will have to smash our wage structure

And I can't see that being done really

He will get 120k a week anywhere ! So really to keep him he needs to be signing a new deal like Vardy

I think he himself made it clear he wouldn't be looking to leave this past January transfer window but would re-evaluate things come this coming summer

Why wouldn't that be done!? Let's be honest, who here ever thought they'd see the day a Leicester play is on the reported 80k a week!?

With success comes more TV money, sponsorships, fans etc this club is going places and we need to be looking at keeping our prize possessions no matter what the cost

Why wouldn't that be done!? Let's be honest, who here ever thought they'd see the day a Leicester play is on the reported 80k a week!?

With success comes more TV money, sponsorships, fans etc this club is going places and we need to be looking at keeping our prize possessions no matter what the cost

It's not that easy and it's not just about his wages it's the knock on

Kante will want 80-100k

Drinky 60-80k

Etc.........

It's a business not a co-operative

And ultimately if he wants to play for one of the traditional "bigger" teams then really little we can do to stop him

I think he will get offers of £150-175k per week Raheem Stirling is on 180k per week !

We can't compete and shouldn't ever try compete with that at present

I love what it says about us in that article:

"...in a game which many had pegged as the one to truly test their title credentials. It was a test they passed with flying colours, as two goals from Robert Huth either side of a Riyad Mahrez strike put Leicester 3-0" and

"Dembele may fancy joining English football most exciting story in years".

But I don't see many of the players wanting a move in the summer with CL football likely to be on offer. I'm sure they will all get a slice of the increased PL money that is coming up, and if we are in the CL, we are going to need more class players to add to the ones we've already got.

We should sign him, the lad from Fulham and the one from spurs and play them up top in a front 3. Would be great listening to the commentary!

Motson would implode!

We should always be looking to strengthen and improve. Football teams aren't statuesque, they're evolving.

I don't see why Mahrez would necessarily move in the summer. Or anyone else who believes they're likely to feature.

But that shouldn't stop us adding further reinforcements if they're good enough or potentially so.

Even if we don't sign him, knowing the calibre of footballer we're scouting should focus young Gray's mind on the constant need to be improving his game and having ever greater impact.

Exciting times they are, but demanding for everyone. Standards seem to be rising fast. And has there ever been a time when our scouting system has been busier?

For the likes of vardy, kante, mahrez etc to demand over a hundred grand a week, they for me would have to have at least another great season like this.

Bring are star players in line with vardy's deal, and then look at it again the following summer.

The biggest thing for the likes of mahrez is, do you want to be a big star, at a club our size, playing regular.

Or go to a big club, and be a good player in a squad full of big names, and run the risk of being a bit part player.

Not saying mahrez and others couldn't make it at a big club, but it would be harder to get the plaudits like now, and hold down a starting place, week in, week out.

Also I know loyalty doesn't really exist in football, but without city taking a risk on these, and giving them the platform to gain the fame they now have, they could all be playing in a lot lower leagues, and never have got the massive jumps in their careers.

For me, vardy signing the new deal, shows his gratitude to the club, as he could get a big cut of a transfer fee, and big wages in the summer, but he appreciates where the club has put him.

I can't see Mahrez remaining beyond the summer. Yesterday's goal indicated that he is approaching a level where the really big clubs will want him, no amount of money will keep him here.

Well if we are in the champions league and even better win the league, I think that will keep him here

If we win the league and/or qualify for the CL, and then offer Mahrez £80-90k per week, we still won't be able to compete with PSG, Barca, Real, Bayern and Man City.

But, I think these are the only clubs that could prise him away if the above happens. Chelsea and Liverpool definitely not as they won't be in the CL. Man Utd would be a possibility if they scrape top 4 and bring in a manager who would want him, but it looks unlikely.

The key to keeping him would be persuading him that we're looking to kick on and qualify for the CL/win the league again, to build a team around him and bring in players of similar talent.

It looks almost nailed on that he will go in the summer, but if we qualify for the CL I think we start working on one or two early deals for big players, we 'might' have a chance of keeping him.

I did, I don't anymore. He is reaching a standard where he could potentially pick from any of the traditional big 4 here, the top two in Spain, Bayern and PSG.

Just got married to English girl, hopefully she wants to stay in Leicester.( not sure where she's from). He is going to be a millionaire here if he stays so perhaps money won't be his only motivation

I can't see Mahrez remaining beyond the summer. Yesterday's goal indicated that he is approaching a level where the really big clubs will want him, no amount of money will keep him here.

100% correct !

Well if we are in the champions league and even better win the league, I think that will keep him here

Maybe but we would have to smash wage structures ! Really smash it

Don't see that happening (yet)

Just got married to English girl, hopefully she wants to stay in Leicester.( not sure where she's from). He is going to be a millionaire here if he stays so perhaps money won't be his only motivation

She is a local girl

But he has made it clear he will look at all options in summer

if we win the league he Should be given our support what ever he chooses

What about Vardy ... we are going to be paying him 80k a week, there is no wage cap

Inc bonuses it's not a huge leap on the cap taut was in place

By smashing it I'm saying 120-150k a week

And it may not be money it may come down to him thinking the bigger clubs offer him better opertunties

For the record I think he would be making a huge mistake going to a big club

He wouldn't get the support this club gives him when he is going through an inconsistent period , also he seems a confidence player and pressure is huge and competition is huge at the bigger outfits

I think for his career he should stay here another season !

I fear he might fall in a hole at the bigger teams

Imagine van Gaal playing him as a wing back !

He needs to stay to develop !

But his agent will have a huge say on what happens next

Interesting. Do we need another winger if we keep Mahrez? We'd have Albrighton, Mahrez, Schlupp, Gray. He could be a u21 player?

If we are actually looking to compete in Europe next season Albrighton and Schlupp are not going to cut it unfortunately 

means hes waiting to see if we're in the CL :fc:

If we are actually looking to compete in Europe next season Albrighton and Schlupp are not going to cut it unfortunately

Harsh on Albrighton that. We won't find a much harder working winger. He's perfect for us Imo. Gets the ball forward as quickly as possible, yeah lots of times it doesn't come off but its creating chances even if its just half a chance.

Schlupp I'm still confused about and got slated for saying so. Gray's natural position is left wing, Chilwell looks promising at full back. Mahrez is undroppable and Albrightons work ethic suits us. So is Schluppys next position right wing?

Archived