Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

She is a local girl

But he has made it clear he will look at all options in summer

if we win the league he Should be given our support what ever he chooses

I don't think he did make it clear, if I can remember rightly that came from a misquoted press conference with Ranieri talking about keeping hold of him and vardy in January, he then mentioned something options in the summer and the reporter jumped on it thinking we would let them go if they wished, to which Ranieri said no, he sees both their futures at Leicester.

Well if we are in the champions league and even better win the league, I think that will keep him here

I think it may keep him here for another season but I suppose it depends on the interest. Like fleckney says I think he's reaching a level where any team in the world might want him, even Barca.

She is a local girl

But he has made it clear he will look at all options in summer

if we win the league he Should be given our support what ever he chooses

You honestly think the fact she's a local girl might mean she'd not want to live in Barcelona or Madrid with his millions? She might hate the place for all we know.

I'd be sick if we lost Mahrez but I could begrudgingly accept him joining someone like Barcelona. On the plus side we would take in some sensational money.

If we are actually looking to compete in Europe next season Albrighton and Schlupp are not going to cut it unfortunately 

I think Schlupp has the potential to "cut it" but I don't know that it'll happen now. His injury could not have come at a worse time for him. Now that Gray has been brought on and is looking very solid, Chilwell having some great cup appearances, where does Schlupp fit in? Once he's healthy, who would you drop from the bench? Dyer is the only droppable option, in my opinion. But if you drop Dyer, you've got Inler and Amartey sitting there waiting for their chances too. 

He will get 120k a week anywhere ! So really to keep him he needs to be signing a new deal like Vardy

I think he himself made it clear he wouldn't be looking to leave this past January transfer window but would re-evaluate things come this coming summer

He is going to offered mega deals !

If we want to keep him we will have to smash our wage structure

And I can't see that being done really

I am sure he will be offered a large wage deal, vardy like or even bigger.  We all need to recognise that we are now a Champions League Team and will need to keep and add the CL level players we have.  The wage budget is going to change big time with the addition of the new TV money which is truly significant and the Cl money which makes us a very profit able organisation.  We will compete with the best teams in Europe for quality players.  Keeping ours is critical.  Marhez offered 80-100k will stay to play CL for us and get guaranteed game time rather than be on the bench for PSG or Real Madrid. 

It's not that easy and it's not just about his wages it's the knock on

Kante will want 80-100k

Drinky 60-80k

Etc.........

It's a business not a co-operative

And ultimately if he wants to play for one of the traditional "bigger" teams then really little we can do to stop him

I think he will get offers of £150-175k per week Raheem Stirling is on 180k per week !

We can't compete and shouldn't ever try compete with that at present

Yes true and we are now competing at that level. We have to rely on our owners and management to negotiate a wage structure for the new and improved LCFC.  No one should look back to the dark ages of management and worry about  that anymore.  Those days are gone and we all need to get used to us being in the top level of teams in Europe.

why do fans care what wages our players get.  We have great people leading this team to do that.  Don't you think they have proved they know what they are doing?

If we are actually looking to compete in Europe next season Albrighton and Schlupp are not going to cut it unfortunately 

Rubbish.  Albrighton should be considered for England in the form he is in.  Schlupp needs to get back to fitness and given a chance.

I think Schlupp has the potential to "cut it" but I don't know that it'll happen now. His injury could not have come at a worse time for him. Now that Gray has been brought on and is looking very solid, Chilwell having some great cup appearances, where does Schlupp fit in? Once he's healthy, who would you drop from the bench? Dyer is the only droppable option, in my opinion. But if you drop Dyer, you've got Inler and Amartey sitting there waiting for their chances too. 

Dyer has no future with this team, he will be gone at the end of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

After failing to negotiate a deal to sign Islam Slimani from Sporting Lisbon, Leicester City are still looking for a striker in the Portuguese league. Scouts from the club were watching Konstantinos Mitroglou this weekend, Portuguese newspaper O Jogo reports.

Mitroglou, who is currently playing for Benfica, is on loan from Fulham until the end of the season. The Portuguese club have a €7m (£5.5m) buying option, which they will certainly use if Mitroglou keeps up his form.

However, it’s not all about the transfer fee. Benfica don’t want to pay the player more than €1m per year and O Jogo say that Leicester are capable of offering much more.

Mitroglou has 16 goals in 31 games for Benfica this season. His contract with Fulham runs until 2018.

Lucas Sposito. 

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/leicester-city-with-new-strike-target-can-offer-higher-wages

I'd love to know what these opinions are based on.

They're based on the guy's U-Tube video which was done by someone with basically no idea of how to create a football video. It includes him sleeping and taking a crap and being generally dreadful. The film-maker has now been fired owing to his avant-garde tendencies, and a new video is expected shortly.

:unsure:

Archived