Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
digitalalba

This time next year?

Assuming we win the league and/or get a CL place (which looks a near certainty) and retain the title and/or retain a CL place, how many players of CL quality do we need?

Will we approach next season very seriously, mildly serious or just try and do what we can?

The current 11 can't play most games, can they??

What will our style be? It can't be the same surely?

At least 3 CL games, how many extra seats do we need?

What if it don't work and we have 10,000 or 15,000 empty seats and we're a mid table team with a massive wage bill?

Have we let loose a freaking monster  :scarf:

Should we only bring in a maximum of 3 CL quality players and just let it take its course?

Assuming we win the league and/or get a CL place (which looks a near certainty) and retain the title and/or retain a CL place, how many players of CL quality do we need?

Will we approach next season very seriously, mildly serious or just try and do what we can?

What if it don't work and we have 10,000 or 15,000 empty seats and we're a mid table team with a massive wage bill?

Should we only bring in a maximum of 3 CL quality players and just let it take its course?

If we finish above mid-table next season i would be very surprised.

wtf? I give up!

No,..... I'll have one go. Did you go to Peterborough away last game of a season? Have you ever been to a match? We have on mass a loyal fanbase where even England games have been played.

If it's your first season in the champions league and you haven't been in it before or for a while I think you almost have to except you won't do that well. I'm not saying don't try, but you have to treat it like a second rate competition and concentrate on getting back in it via the league the following season. Do that for a couple years whilst building up your squad to compete and you become established at that level. The mistake Spurs and Liverpool made in recent years is they had a good season to qualify but didn't follow that up with an equally good season to qualify again.

i doubt we'd be able to attract big name players that come with big ego's anyway.

Nor are we likely to be fooled into buying players who are just coming for the money.

im not clear on the rules of the competition but how many players from your squad have to be registered to play in the CL?

would 'home growns/ under 21's need to be registered?

Lets face it we probably wouldnt make it out the group stage so thats 6 extra games. perhaps we need to concentrate on strengthening our premiership squad as that will be our priority and just go with the flow in the CL?

This time next year:

Leicester City are dead-last in the table.

Mahrez and Vardy have left for Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively.

We've bought Jermaine Beckford, Michael Johnson and Matt Mills on million pound contracts.

Neil Danns plays the Ukulele before each kick-off at the Kaiser Power Stadium.

The Thai consortium has sold the club back to Milan Mandaric for £1.

The stadium will be extended to a whopping 120'000 seats.

Most fans are already looking forward to a new season in the Championship.

Memories will prevail.

And there's a knock on the door.

Oh, look. It's Sven-Göran Eriksson. And he's got Dennis Wise in his pocket.

Well, not really.

IF we're in the champions league, it'll be tough.

Drawing Barcelona away, you're incredibly likely to lose. So...do you send the kids? Or do you have to send the big guns as a reward for their success?

I'd fancy us to give Barcelona one hell of a game presently. If Celtic can beat them we can too.

I just hope we don't lose our best players in the summer...contracts mean little......and moreover I hope that when we fail to achieve the heights of this season our manager doesn't get sacked.

i think ranieri will leave at the end of next season no matter what. hopefully what he'll leave us with is a club and set of players capable to attract a pretty high profile, young and good manager from somewhere. 

i can't see any of our players leaving in the summer. why would they. they all clearly love it here, we're almost definitely going to win the league and get in the champions league. what would they leave for? money? do that the season after when we're back in 12th place and they're clearly too good for us. vardy stays no matter what. nobody else wants him as much as us, he wouldn't want to go anywhere as much as he wants to play for us and we're going to give him champions league and international football a few years after he was playing pub football. mahrez will leave one day but i don't think it'll be before the team he's helped from the championship to the champions league even has a shot as what we've achieved. 

Drawing Barcelona away, you're incredibly likely to lose. So...do you send the kids? Or do you have to send the big guns as a reward for their success?

What are you talking about?! Who in their right mind would send a reserve team to Barca? You play your best team. What's the point in doing well and being able to enter these competitions if you're not even going to try and push to be the best we can?

What are you talking about?! Who in their right mind would send a reserve team to Barca? You play your best team. What's the point in doing well and being able to enter these competitions if you're not even going to try and push to be the best we can?

Because our best chance of getting regular champions league is by finishing regularly in the top 4.

Can we just not talk about things like this just yet??

If last season taught us anything it's not to assume a damn thing!

Being leicester fans we should have learnt that over the years anyway!

Save talk like this for when things are no longer an assumption

Can we just not talk about things like this just yet??

If last season taught us anything it's not to assume a damn thing!

Being leicester fans we should have learnt that over the years anyway!

Save talk like this for when things are no longer an assumption

+1

Close thread before it jinxes everything!

Exactly, and if you do, that means the PL suffers. So should we bring in 4 or 5 very good players, or at least try.

Archived