Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxychik

Gary Coatsworth Kevin Ellison Junior Lewis ....

I wanted to create a 'safe' place ... for those of us that remember the good old bad days .... for us that watched us play Peterborough away in league one in the hail, for those of us that can remember going to Wembley every year just to be disappointed, for those of us that cried when we beat the sheep at Wembley, for those of us that thought clariages goal against palace was the most important goal we would ever see, for those of us that had to get in the ground at Filbo an hour before kick off so we could find a good place to stand, for those of us that realise Micky Adams should be up there with our best managers getting us promoted when we were in administration just for the la manga incident to put a downer on our season ...for those of us that remember you could go for a wee at half time get a pie & a pint and still get back to the stands to watch the entertainment for us that remember birch actually run around the whole pitch last game of the season - and mostly for those of us that know Leicester tend to mess up that even if we were 20 points clear we would still be worried, it's great we are massive we are big time it's what we all wanted - but for those of us that cried watching playoffs against Cardiff & Watford, watched us have 5 mangers in a season, for us that never thought we'd reach the heights of MON's team again, seeing Garry Parker sent off for taking a free kick to quickly against Athletico .... can we have a safe place to panic to worry our hearts might be broken again, a place where we can just be Leicester fans and have a moan now and again without being shot down ....

Portsmouth away... that was horrible, but significantly also the beginning of something beautiful (albeit with some pain since)

Yeah this was one of my lowest moments supporting Leicester. All the promise of the previous season evaporating into thin air.

I remember crying watching the fa cup final against spurs on tv, 1961, my dad was at wembley, am I allowed in?

Spurs have done it to us too many times - I'm more nervous about their current run of form than any other team, anyone but them

Losing at home to Wycombe in the FA cup and having a player that Wycombe found through an advert on ceefax score the winner. That was a low point of my Leicester supporting life. The name Roy Essandoh will always haunt me.

Crap picture, but a must set of clips for this thread

Great player, and good days. Those two games and own goals hurt a lot but that season's team was exceptional and I still remember it as my favourite season up to this one.

I think one of the lowest points was knowing we were on a downward path that was inevitably going to end up at league 1.

Bassett and Adams could only stop the flow briefly by getting us back to the Premier league at the first time of asking. But the squad was old, and had absolutely no assets in it.

The club was broke, penniless. We couldnt afford 100k to buy Joey Gudjonsson and we were giving the shirt to players like Danny Cadamateri and Alan Johnson.

Even popular players in that period like Ian Hume were in no way fit to wear the Leicester shirt.

Even through the bad times in my lifetime, like the playoff losses to Swindon, Blackburn and Cardiff, the lost final in the league cup to Spurs, there were always things to be proud of. Close to success, players that gave everything for the shirt and had quality.

The team that left the field against Stoke was an utter disgrace and it was without doubt the worst ive felt as a Leicester fan.

Archived