Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxychik

Gary Coatsworth Kevin Ellison Junior Lewis ....

794314.gif?display=1&htype=100000&type=m

73411371-andy-johnson-of-leicester-city-

13346-zoom.jpg

71676315-josh-low-of-leicester-city-tack

56542365-mark-de-vries-of-leicester-city

Mark de Vries undid all his woeful performances scoring the winner in the 3-2 cup game against a Champions League-chasing Spurs. I actually predicted a 2-0 down to 3-2 win in that game, only I thought Dion Dublin would get the winner instead of de Vries.

De Vries was awful though, to be fair.

Lowest was looking forward to watching our new winger Josh Low and after 10 minutes of watching him realising how far we had fallen...and had yet to fall

Losing to Exeter in the cup in 1981 was awful and yet a few days later we end Liverpools 85 match unbeaten home record, and still end up relegated despite doing the double over the the then best team in Europe!

Sitting watching us get humiliated at home on boxing day, languishing in the relegation zone under Levein or what ever his name was and seeing peeps streaming out, wondering why so much had gone wrong for City.

That was one of the lowest points for me following City because there was no hope, just disappointment. 

Honestly cant even remember who played for us that day but my god were we poor.

By a miracle we survived that season to be relegated the next.

I recall going to Hull away on a Friday night in the late 80s for a game in the old second division. Hull were bottom and we were third from bottom, with Pleat in charge. We lost 5-2 in front of about 6000. Times like that make times like this even more special.

By the way, is the first player above Jason Jarrett?

ooooh Tommy Wright. Something would happen everytime he got the ball. Very direct. So exciting to watch goal or assist guranteed every match. His career fizzled out once he left City. Think he went to 'boro and become a bit part there. Hero for us loved watching him at Filbo.

Richard Smith in goal, Micky Whitlows wonderfully high fox leisure shorts and his bow legged raids down the left, David Oldfield sprinting everywhere without really doing a great deal, Colin Hill jockeying his opponent off the ball without needing to make a tackle and Steve Walsh just being a giant amongst men...great days!!

Growing up 150 miles from our stadium surrounded by Liverpool man Utd and Blackpool fans wasn't easy, especially when growig up was in our bleakest years from 2005-2008. Life was torture when Blackpool got promoted and even a year or two after they got relegated, but now I'm reaping the benefits, except now I'm working and can't gloat on a daily basis!! I remember being relegated to league one and my dad reassuring me we would win more games there, and being sure we'd appoint Harry redknapp. I remember feeling really low getting knocked out of the jpt by Rotherham being sure we'd win it and go to Wembley. The lows of obviously play off semis against Cardiff and especially Watford. But I can honestly say I've experienced more good times than bad, and I've always been proud to support Leicester city.

You see, this is the point.

Unless you've endured this, you don't fully appreciate what we are currently acheiving.

I have a mate who's and Man Utd fan and I remember him moaning (Fergie's last season) that they'd only won the league - Imagine that? Moaning because you 'only won the league'

Unless you've experienced the true horror of being relegated on the last game of the season down to div 3 or any of the abject moments in our clubs history amply detailed in the above posts, you won't feel the high quite as much

That's why we are getting so delirious with it all...

Early 70's had 2 friends who were Leyton Orient supporters we were playing them at home in the cup and i travelled up with them  on an Orient supporters club coach. Our goalie standing on the line dropped the ball over his head into the goal,not another player near him.a real clanger. We lost the match 0-1 and  had to travel back on the coach listening to the Orient supporters singing  thier heads off.   

One good memory that still shines in my mind is the sunny evening view of Leicester on arriving back from beating Derby in our first ever win at Wembley.

Even then I got back with a very sore throat but what a great day.

Remember saying to some guy on the coach we would win whilst playing crap and he said he would kiss me if we did :unsure:, made sure I was not siting near him on the way back  lol

Seems a long time ago now but those two seasons where our managers waltzed off to other midlands teams, Little to Villa and eventually taking Joachim with him and just a year or so later McGhee to Wolves taking Corica but leaving Kalac.

That was a bit like the dark before the dawn of course but it felt genuinely horrible at the time.

Can't compete with some, but my earliest heartbreak memory was being at the last home game of Jimmy Bloomfield's tenure and hearing "Bloomfield out". My dad was disgusted and told me it was a disgrace. To then witness the miserable mclintock tenure was heart wrenching.

The Peter Taylor years, especially for me personally, the Fulham home fixture in the Premier League when we looked utterly clueless and I knew we were doomed and the glorious Oneill era was well and truly over.

In my weaker moments, I still have a 47 year shaped pessimism. I fear we will hardly win another game and that Shakespeare and Walsh will disappear off to Derby with Pearson.

I've just decided to enjoy every moment and try to push the negative thoughts to the back of my mind.

Losing to Harlow town. Go on then, who's old enough to remember that ?.

I am. I was there. Or at least I was at the game at Filbert Street which ended in a 1-1 draw. FA Cup 3rd round 1980. They beat us 1-0 in the replay. A PE teacher scored the winner I think. Only time a non-league side has knocked us out of the cup. But we did go on to win the 2nd Division that season.

Losing to Exeter City in the following season left an equally bitter taste in the mouth.

The 1977/78 season under Frank McLintock when we were lucky to finish bottom. You have to be 45 or older to remember that one, but it was truly abject. The entire season had not one single redeeming feature and some of the worst players in LCFC's history were regularly on display. To add insult to injury, it was the year Forest won the league.

On the other hand it was a great time to be a kid and I'll always remember the summer of 1978, cycling round east Leicestershire to Melton, Oakham, Uppingham. There was always next season after all.

The 1977/78 season under Frank McLintock when we were lucky to finish bottom. You have to be 45 or older to remember that one, but it was truly abject. The entire season had not one single redeeming feature and some of the worst players in LCFC's history were regularly on display. To add insult to injury, it was the year Forest won the league.

On the other hand it was a great time to be a kid and I'll always remember the summer of 1978, cycling round east Leicestershire to Melton, Oakham, Uppingham. There was always next season after all.[/quotes

You've summed up what I was attempting to articulate beautifully. It was dreadful. Only matched for me with the Pleat years and the Taylor relegation year.

Archived