Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
49er

Run in for the four title contenders

I've had a look at the remaining fixtures for us, Arsenal, Spurs and Man City. I have taken note of the current league positions for the teams that the four still have to play.  I have then totalled these, with the aim of showing who has the hardest run in. The lower the score, the harder the run in. Not scientific, I admit, but an indicator.

Arsenal: 135

Spurs: 137

LCFC: 148

Man City: 150

At the end of the season playing teams at the foot of the table can be dangerous, they are fighting for survival and are desperate for points. There are no gimmies in this league.

As we discovered last season, the best teams to play are those in the mid table who have nothing to play for (safe from relegation, but no prospect of pushing for a European place). In terms of our remaining fixtures. dependent on how teams perform, this could include teams such as Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Everton and Chelsea

I've had a look at the remaining fixtures for us, Arsenal, Spurs and Man City. I have taken note of the current league positions for the teams that the four still have to play.  I have then totalled these, with the aim of showing who has the hardest run in. The lower the score, the harder the run in. Not scientific, I admit, but an indicator.

Arsenal: 135

Spurs: 137

LCFC: 148

Man City: 150

If we broke down the above to home and away fixtures:

Home

Man City: 55

Spurs: 60

LCFC: 86

Arsenal: 90

Away

Arsenal: 45

LCFC: 62

Spurs: 77

Man City: 95

I'm trying to paste text from a Word file, which shows the remaining fixtures for each of the four teams. When I paste it into this message box the formatting is fine, but when I post it it's all over the place. Anyone know of a solution?

Meant side by side comparisons

That's what I thought this thread was going to be

I ws going to make a similar thread but decided against it for the following reasons:

1) A lot of fixtures will be rearranged for cups, etc and we have no idea when they will be rearranged for.

2) With 13 games left, most teams have to play each other.

3) We really dont know what sort of form teams will be in by say mid April. For example, playing Crystal Palace away now would be near guaranteed 3pts for the top 4 but in a couple of months time they might hit form. Ditto for the relegation threatened sides.

That's taking their current positions now though. This is irrelevant at this time of season. Do it around end of March/start of April time when there's only about 4/5 games left. That's when you get a proper impression of what may happen.

I'm trying to paste text from a Word file, which shows the remaining fixtures for each of the four teams. When I paste it into this message box the formatting is fine, but when I post it it's all over the place. Anyone know of a solution?

This the sort of thing you're looking for?

tumblr_o28i6kxIjQ1rx0g0oo1_1280.jpg

Our last 3 games are brutal. Even if we are 8 points clear with 3 to go, I would worry with those 3 games!

really?

you'd worry we will pick up no points as runaway leaders against the one team in 5th, one team bouncing around mid table and another who've spent most the season sandwiched between bournemouth, west brom and norwich? come on man. 

really?

you'd worry we will pick up no points as runaway leaders against the one team in 5th, one team bouncing around mid table and another who've spent most the season sandwiched between bournemouth, west brom and norwich? come on man. 

Agreed, but they have very talented players that on their day, could dismantle any team. Of course with an 8 point lead and 3 games left, I would be very confident but I would prefer to be playing a Stoke, West Brom and a Watford in our last 3 games when we could be under incredible pressure to get over the line. 

Archived