Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

To cash out...

This is a genuine question. I appreciate that this is going to be my decision but this is starting to eat me up a little and would love some opinions. 

In October I put £5 on Leicester to win the league at 1000/1. It was a bit of fun, speculative, I don't know what it was. Now, many of you will know me from this forum and will know that I am a genuine fan and my primary concern is the writing of history by Leicester. I want them to win the league for that alone, but this bet is another thing. I get married in June, and we do not have a lot of money. Things are tight. I could pay-off my credit card. I could buy my family and friends a drink at the wedding. The cash-out option is currently at £1300. That, to me, is an awful lot of money. And it is mine at the click of a button. I know it was a speculative and 'fun' bet that I never really expected to win, but that money is real. Before the game at the weekend it was £500 - that is also a lot of money but this is starting to get real and it is starting to feel irresponsible not to take it. I really want to let it ride but....

Thoughts? 

part cash it out. if them figures are right think im right in saying you could take £1000 and still stand to win about another £1000 if we do it? 

or take half the cash out for half your stake (secure £650 now) and stand to win a further £2500 if we do it. 

Cash out. If it pays off your credit card than you shouldn't be taking the risk.. Don't be silly risking your family's financial future.

Sure the extra money would be nice but if you've got the option there to wipe your debts then you should take it every time.

This is a genuine question. I appreciate that this is going to be my decision but this is starting to eat me up a little and would love some opinions.

In October I put £5 on Leicester to win the league at 1000/1. It was a bit of fun, speculative, I don't know what it was. Now, many of you will know me from this forum and will know that I am a genuine fan and my primary concern is the writing of history by Leicester. I want them to win the league for that alone, but this bet is another thing. I get married in June, and we do not have a lot of money. Things are tight. I could pay-off my credit card. I could buy my family and friends a drink at the wedding. The cash-out option is currently at £1300. That, to me, is an awful lot of money. And it is mine at the click of a button. I know it was a speculative and 'fun' bet that I never really expected to win, but that money is real. Before the game at the weekend it was £500 - that is also a lot of money but this is starting to get real and it is starting to feel irresponsible not to take it. I really want to let it ride but....

Thoughts?

Well played... I wish I'd have put some dollar on the boys but don't like betting on us for titles anyway... Also didn't think we had a chance if I'm being honest. As above have said cash out 50% let 50% run

I'd say wait a bit. See where we are in 2 games time after Norwich. The cash-out option might improve.

Plus I think we've got a better than 1 in 4 chance of winning this league at the moment so your cash out isn't great value.

We've got some games to come against sides that need to win. Could get sticky for us yet.

Take the money pal

I think from now on I'm going to stick £1 on every team at the start of the Premier League if the bookies are going to offer odds of 5,000-1 in the future.

it will never happen again. you'll turn £20 into £3 for the next 50 years. 

I had a couple on us at 1500/1 at the start of the season.... when i was checking the cash out option in december .. I ACCIDENTALLY pressed cash out.. and got a pathetic return of 30/1. What a fvcking shambles.

All i can say is... you will be gutted of we win the league and youve taken the cash early... (at least i know i will).

IMO leave it... and enjoy the ride.

From someone who has gotten into trouble both financially and with family from gambling I would recommend you cash out.

You should not think of it as well if it loses I only lost a fiver as that is not true, when you placed the £5 you invested it and all though it was just fun it was still an investment. That investment has now grown dramatically and it is no longer a £5 stake. You now have a bet of £1300 on us to win the league at odds of 31/10.

So you have to ask yourself if you hadn't placed the bet in the first place would you bet £1300 at 31/10 on us to win? If the answer is no cash out!

It's real money!

You guys are great and I really appreciate the advice. I am glad that you are actually taking this seriously enough to offer genuine advice. I am surprised that so many are saying 'cash out' and not getting carried away with the 'romance' of it, especially when the money is not theirs; this is why I love this forum. That is not to say that I don't respect those who think I should keep the bet going - after-all I placed the bet in the first place with the idea of winning £5000, I didn't know I would have the option to cash-it-in early. I am not a gambler, as you might tell, and I am not sure that I have the nerve to ride this out. However, I suppose I have until Saturday to make this decision as the payout is unlikely to change between now and then. 

Archived