Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Season Ticket Renewal

The owners could be very smart here. You can imagine the amount of global publicity we are getting this season and the way we are playing is a massive f*** you to the big spenders.

With that in mind imagine the public recognition we would get if we then reduced the prices. EVERYONE even more so would be talking about Leicester City. Therefore making us a much bigger appeal for sponsors and advertising etc.

Come on Leicester, do the right thing

You have to think that a gesture like this would be "worth" more than the increase on season ticket sales. I don't know what the proportion of adult STH is compared with kids, OAPS etc but lets say that two thirds of our 23,000 STH are full adult tickets. If they stuck £ 50 on each of those 15,000 or so tickets that's going to net them an extra £ 770K.

But the publicity from sending out a "we are freezing prices despite our incredible success" message would be worth more than that surely?

(Maybe this is why I wouldn't get a job in the marketing department)

I think they will Freeze it as a bit of a 'look at Leicester' why everyone else is hiking this newly loved club is thinking about their fans to continue our love in more. But if we do make the group stages of the champs league they will give you the option to build in them 3 games to with maybe a 5% deduction over single match prices. I think they will charge a min of £50 a match for the champs league though.

Who?

He's chairman of the supporters club

Increase the ground size with another 10000 season tickets and keep the prices as they are, surely the owners never envisaged the extra revenue european football next season could bring, they're going to be rolling in it and another 100 quid a year off fans isn't going to make any difference to the club.

At a guess any increase will include the 3 champions league home games

(assuming we qualify ;- )

I doubt that any CL will be included. Besides the letters go out in mid-March so it would be a bit presumptuous to include a competition that technically we haven't qualified for yet.

Me and my dad discussed this a little while ago when it was still a possibility as opposed to a probability.

On one hand they wouldn't be blamed for an increase (unless it's outrageous and genuinely prices people out of renewing), and on the other why should they with the TV deal coming in?

Plus, it seems unfair on holders, who would have largely expected us to be fighting to stay up again. It's almost like the club saying 'Thanks for sticking with us, this has been so great and you've made it increasingly special with your clap banners each week, helping Leicester City to prove that money isn't everything in football! Anyway, because we've done so well, here's a huge increase to the cost of your tickets!'

Slim to none.

this is the reason i'll be renewing even tho i can't go most the time. if you're out the loop now i doubt you'll find a way back in to more than a game or two a year (at great effort) until either we go back down or we get a much bigger ground. 

bit of a pickle for the unlucky guys without one i guess.

The grounds fine as it is, you needed to be in before the lock when we got promoted to the Premier League like most of the STH were and not a Johnny come lately.

HTH. ;)

Easier said than done when your missus is pregnant and you've got a 4 year old kid already, but cheers for the reply.

Just a shame season tickets are impossible to get when you are new to wanting one. Not like other sports but size of ground is why I guess.,

I've had plenty of Leicester Season tickets, but mostly around the MON era. Trying to get one these days is slightly more tricky. (and my Dad bought them for me so it wasn't tricky at all back then !:P)

Do members without season tickets get allocated a number of seats? Meaning at least you can pay per game?

You'll need a Gold Membership to get you to the front of the queue next season (they've sold out for this year). Even a Silver (or lower) will give you a chance and it'll put you in the frame (ie waiting list) for a season ticket the following season. In fact, it you buy a membership (if there's any left) now you might get on that waiting list. You'll need to check with the ticket office.

Good luck :thumbup:

Easier said than done when your missus is pregnant and you've got a 4 year old kid already, but cheers for the reply.

Tongue in cheek fella, did you not see the ;) at the end.

I'm aware everyone has different priorities and the Internet isn't the easiest place to put a little joke in.

Seriously I doubt many with be available from the 23K we have now, some surely will as like you say, wife, kids, mortgage etc change from one year to the next but good luck if some come up and you get one.

I know people who had silver last season and got season tickets. The Mrs gave her season ticket up when we started a family but now wants to take the kids. However season tickets never made general sale this season so she got fox family memberships hopefully guaranteeing them all a season ticket next season.

Archived