Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Season Ticket Renewal

its not odd at all when you agreed to buy or renew your 2015/16 season ticket by direct debit you also agreed to these terms and conditions

http://www.lcfc.com/documents/leicester-city-football-club-direct-debit-scheme-for-2015-16-season-tickets-terms-conditions280-2360507.pdf

Let me just single out the point in interest

LEICESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB DIRECT DEBIT SCHEME FOR 2015/16 SEASON TICKETS TERMS & CONDITIONS

3. The Direct Debit Scheme operates on a recurring basis. Instalments will be automatically taken for a Season Ticket each season. Supporters who do not wish to retain their Season Ticket for the 2016/17 season via the Direct Debit Scheme must inform Leicester City Football Club before 1 March 2016.

nice. 

potentially a stupid question but im moving (or meant to be) from u22 to full blown adult man next season. will they just automatically charge me loads more? or will they keep charging me for an u22 ticket and i just keep rolling like a G 

First they charged £30, and I did not speak out—

Because I could afford £30.

Then they charged £50, and I did not speak out—

Because I could afford £50

Then they charged £70, and I did not speak out—

Because I could afford £70

Then they charged £100 which I could not afford - but there was no one left to speak for me

A yearly rise would be unacceptable but prices have been frozen/barely risen for the past few years now and the quality of the product (I hate that word in relation to football but it does fit here) has improved dramatically. As have the costs.

In my opinion, a a small rise would be more than fair.

A yearly rise would be unacceptable but prices have been frozen/barely risen for the past few years now and the quality of the product (I hate that word in relation to football but it does fit here) has improved dramatically. As have the costs.

In my opinion, a a small rise would be more than fair.

Costs have risen massively, but so has the income from non-ticket sources.

nice. 

potentially a stupid question but im moving (or meant to be) from u22 to full blown adult man next season. will they just automatically charge me loads more? or will they keep charging me for an u22 ticket and i just keep rolling like a G 

I actually had a u22 season ticket right up until I was about 26/27

Unfortunately the guy I knew at the ticket office left so I couldn't get away with it anymore after that.  It's actually quite scary to think how much this football club has cost me over the years.  When you consider I've been going since I was 9 or 10, my uncle used to buy my tickets then, and paid for my season ticket every year until I was 17. 

Add in travel to away days, replica shirts, programmes, burgers.  It's easy to see why fans get easily upset at increases in ticket prices.  I think that gets overlooked sometimes when people talk about it, especially in the media.  It's not one game for a lot of us, or one season, it's a lifetime.  It's not a special event that we witness once or twice a year, it's a life style for us fans, it's a commitment.  £77* for a ticket is not that much for a one off, for one person, £77 a ticket for a man to take his nephew as well as himself would price far too many out of the game.  £77 a ticket for man to take himself and his nephew to 1 game every few weeks will see the death of the common fan.  I wouldn't be able to take my boy or my nephew like my uncle did for me.  We'll lose a generation of would be fans.

Small increases for us next season, especially IF we see this through, are to be expected unfortunately.  It'd be an extremely good gesture from the club if there were no increase.  I haven't bought a single ticket since ever really, I've always had my season ticket, always been fortunate enough that I could afford it, but imagine if we ever get to the stage when a normal match ticket costs £50/£60+!!

What's fair and unfair will be a matter of opinion, a £50 increase will mean more to some than it will others.  What this country needs is 1 club to make a statement and stand against the rise in ticket prices and I'd love it if it was us

*I use £77 as an example from the much publicised Liverpool protest, if that wasn't obvious already :P  

I actually has a u22 season ticket right up until I was about 26/27

Unfortunately the guy I knew at the ticket office left so I couldn't get away with it anymore after that.  It's actually quite scary to think how much this football club has cost me over the years.  When you consider I've been going since I was 9 or 10, my uncle used to buy my tickets then, and paid for my season ticket every year until I was 17. 

Add in travel to away days, replica shirts, programmes, burgers.  It's easy to see why fans get easily upset at increases in ticket prices.  I think that gets overlooked sometimes when people talk about it, especially in the media.  It's not one game for a lot of us, or one season, it's a lifetime.  It's not a special event that we witness once or twice a year, it's a life style for us fans, it's a commitment.  £77* for a ticket is not that much for a one off, for one person, £77 a ticket for a man to take his nephew as well as himself would price far too many out of the game.  £77 a ticket for man to take himself and his nephew to 1 game every few weeks will see the death of the common fan.  I wouldn't be able to take my boy or my nephew like my uncle did for me.  We'll lose a generation of would be fans.

Small increases for us next season, especially IF we see this through, are to be expected unfortunately.  It'd be an extremely good gesture from the club if there were no increase.  I haven't bought a single ticket since ever really, I've always had my season ticket, always been fortunate enough that I could afford it, but imagine if we ever get to the stage when a normal match ticket costs £50/£60+!!

What's fair and unfair will be a matter of opinion, a £50 increase will mean more to some than it will others.  What this country needs is 1 club to make a statement and stand against the rise in ticket prices and I'd love it if it was us

*I use £77 as an example from the much publicised Liverpool protest, if that wasn't obvious already :P  

I tired adding it up once for a survey, I gave up.

Been going since I was 9 or 10, and paid for my own season tickets since 95/96 and moved to SK1 when they made it over 18 only in effect so was forking out £300 quid for an adult ticket when I was still at school.

I was just thinking about this whole price issue and thought with this talk of £30 quid for away tickets, over 19 games, that's £570 quid. if people take that as some sort of bench mark, then you could argue that with us charging upwards of £40 for some home games in the kop this year then £30 as an average is reasonable, the only problem with that is, it sees over a £100 extra on my season ticket for next season, that in a lump sum I would find hard to stomach.

Plus the added cost of european football etc, next year could really add up. People in the west stand could easily be looking towards a grand, unless our owners fancy some more positive press and use the extra income to help the fans.

But as we are already talking about new contracts for several players, I guess it will all end up in players pockets and transfers, I guess we are big time now.

I actually had a u22 season ticket right up until I was about 26/27

Unfortunately the guy I knew at the ticket office left so I couldn't get away with it anymore after that. It's actually quite scary to think how much this football club has cost me over the years. When you consider I've been going since I was 9 or 10, my uncle used to buy my tickets then, and paid for my season ticket every year until I was 17.

Add in travel to away days, replica shirts, programmes, burgers. It's easy to see why fans get easily upset at increases in ticket prices. I think that gets overlooked sometimes when people talk about it, especially in the media. It's not one game for a lot of us, or one season, it's a lifetime. It's not a special event that we witness once or twice a year, it's a life style for us fans, it's a commitment. £77* for a ticket is not that much for a one off, for one person, £77 a ticket for a man to take his nephew as well as himself would price far too many out of the game. £77 a ticket for man to take himself and his nephew to 1 game every few weeks will see the death of the common fan. I wouldn't be able to take my boy or my nephew like my uncle did for me. We'll lose a generation of would be fans.

Small increases for us next season, especially IF we see this through, are to be expected unfortunately. It'd be an extremely good gesture from the club if there were no increase. I haven't bought a single ticket since ever really, I've always had my season ticket, always been fortunate enough that I could afford it, but imagine if we ever get to the stage when a normal match ticket costs £50/£60+!!

What's fair and unfair will be a matter of opinion, a £50 increase will mean more to some than it will others. What this country needs is 1 club to make a statement and stand against the rise in ticket prices and I'd love it if it was us

*I use £77 as an example from the much publicised Liverpool protest, if that wasn't obvious already :P

Or how much you've cost them by knowingly buying the wrong season ticket for years?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/10/premier-league-ticket-prices-fans-verdict?CMP=share_btn_tw

What's a fair price for PL football?

Of course, Leicester spokesperson responds with the highest price of all fans, even Arsenal.

Saw that too, no wonder the club love him if that's the "acceptable" ticket price. 20 quid should be easily doable nowadays with the money that's coming in. Maybe 25 and totally agree on capping away ticket prices. It would be really great (never going to happen) if all prices were agreed across all grounds per league for equivalent views/seats. They collectively bargain TV rights so why not give something back that's now no where near their top revenue generator. Replica kits should also be cheaper too.

Hmm I didn't notice the price of tickets going down when we were getting worse by the season, then the justification was if you want better players pay up not that we got better players.

At least then any increase would have had a reasonable impact on the clubs ability to get and pay players now it has little or no impact.

Saw that too, no wonder the club love him if that's the "acceptable" ticket price. 20 quid should be easily doable nowadays with the money that's coming in. Maybe 25 and totally agree on capping away ticket prices. It would be really great (never going to happen) if all prices were agreed across all grounds per league for equivalent views/seats. They collectively bargain TV rights so why not give something back that's now no where near their top revenue generator. Replica kits should also be cheaper too.

"It seems that most of the clubs with the problems over expensive tickets are American-owned."

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  So so true. Same goes here in US.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/10/premier-league-ticket-prices-fans-verdict?CMP=share_btn_tw

What's a fair price for PL football?

Of course, Leicester spokesperson responds with the highest price of all fans, even Arsenal.

Hardly a shock when you read this thread is it.

I have the feeling people can't disassociate our good season with prices. If we were rock bottom I doubt they'd be coming out with this shit and that prat Ginetta wouldn't be saying £35 is fair.

Who is Ginetta actually representing? If he thinks those prices are reasonable then I don't think there would be that many people who would agree with him

Surprised he said that high, he should be saving money for a new settee... Anyone not understanding that, ask around.

Hardly a shock when you read this thread is it.

I have the feeling people can't disassociate our good season with prices. If we were rock bottom I doubt they'd be coming out with this shit and that prat Ginetta wouldn't be saying £35 is fair.

Ok then, let's disassociate the quality of football with prices. If in 4 seasons we do a Portsmouth and are in League Two, would you be happy to still pay the current price?

I imagine you would be demanding a decrease. Saying we can't be paying the same in League Two as the Prem. So it works both ways.

With the extra revenue from the TV deal the club have no excuse to put the ticket prices down and I will be disgusted if they are not.

Don't forget they will get at least 3 European games where we will sell out at around £30 a head so that generates another £3million. Not to mention the extra revenue from other countries/glory supporters through merchandise too.

For me, they should knock off £50 a ST which would cost the club a measly £1.2million but I would consider a price freeze plus first rounds of each cup a decent proposition though.

Archived