Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

How many new fans have we attracted this season? And how much is it worth?

If he stays he will fade away.

Perhaps you need reminding that he was in the second division in France not even heard of in Algeria until we signed him. Since then he's won the Championship, got picked for Algeria, gone to a World Cup, played in the premier league last year, stayed up and now sits top of the league being lauded as one of the best players in Europe, having won the Algerian Player of the year and with a potential Champions League campaign to look forward to next year.

His career has done nothing but move forward along with our teams since he arrived... and it's not all down to him. It's disrespectful to come on here and start telling us we'll be bad for him and his career will "fade away", when we are part of the reason he is where he is.

Remember when all the Algerian fans came on here to find out about Mahrez because they had never even heard of the bloke when he got picked for the national team... wow... times have changed.

You are absolutly right Leicester discovered him and Ranieri is taking him to a very high level.

His talent has been set free...thank you Leicester.

If he stays he will fade away.

We want to see him in a bigger club where he could improve to his full potential by playing alongside better player...unless Leicester rise up to next year challenges (europe and top four...and everthing else)...we want and pray for him to have an exeptionnelle career.

I didn't come here to be insulted.

i agree algerianfox

we sign up to share with you the magical moment of the foxes of course

but when you hear somebody telling you  do you think anyone cares that 40 million Algerians are watching illegal streams, jizzing over Mahrez this is a big insult to the people of algeria ,this make us very angry ,we felt insulted and not welcomed

why the forum is not for me , you can debate

or you just want me to follow your comments and agree

then the forum would be for me

pathetic!!!!!

i say what i want , and i never put in doubt what the leiceter team did for him

it is a solid group like brotherhood but for me leiceter is mahrez dependent

you can agree or disagree it is just opinions

There is having an opinion and then there is being disrespectful to MY club. If you are going to spout out shit like we would be a very boring team without him and LEICESTER IS WHAT IT IS because of Mahrez then I am going to contest it. If you think Mahrez is the best player that's fair enough but don't come out with absolute guff suggesting that our club is only there because of Mahrez.

That completely undermines Leicester City and the hard work that we have done for years to get where we are.

This forum is for Leicester City not Mahrez. Hence why I said this forum isn't for you. Your opinion of Mahrez is absolutely fair but DONT knock down OUR fantastic club just so you can have your love in for 1 player.

This thread is not about Mahrez or Algeria. Most right minded Leicester fans appreciate the Algerian support. Let's not get into the 'us' and 'them' mentality, or the Mahrez as an individual being everything and his team mates nothing. Football, at its most successful, is about people individuals coming together and becoming better than the individual parts. The game against Man City proved than a real team is always better than 11 talented individuals. Let's follow Leicester's example and play nicely as a team on this forum too?

Thank you.

i agree algerianfox

but when you hear somebody telling you do you think anyone cares that 40 million Algerians are watching illegal streams, jizzing over Mahrez this is a big insult to the people of algeria ,this make us very angry ,we felt insulted and not welcomed

Grow up.

i agree algerianfox

but when you hear somebody telling you do you think anyone cares that 40 million Algerians are watching illegal streams, jizzing over Mahrez this is a big insult to the people of algeria ,this make us very angry ,we felt insulted and not welcomed

Faycal

The guy is a gang member.

And also excuse me but without leicester maybe Mahrez still be playing in division 2 in dark france.

Leicester has got him cheap...they made a very good business deal an d can cash on him and maybe discover better then him as we know.

Leicester is a good collectif with a magician.

A part from that apology to reel fans...over and out.

To be fair to our Algerian friends, the flip side of what they do is also true for me. I enjoyed following the Algerian side in the last World Cup. I mainly watched them to see how one man was performing though. 

This is true but you wouldn't find any Leicester fan going around saying Algeria is a 1 man team

Just my opinion this, but 'fans' is completely different to 'admirers'.

I've been a City 'fan' since I was 7 yrs old and I've seen so many ups and downs with the club.

I'm now 47. Most of my years of following City have been as a season ticket holder. In my years as a teenager I went to as many away games as home games and loved it. Nowadays I don't get away as much. Family, money, other priorities to be honest.

Let's have it right. If we were currently sitting bottom of the division, would we be being talked about over the globe? No we wouldn't. Would as many people be stating they are City 'fans'? No they wouldn't.

I'm never against ANY club building up their fan base but being 'a fan' is about so much more than this. Will those people now claiming to be fans of the club continue to be fans of the club if we have a terrible third term in the Prem and get relegated next season? I doubt it.

For me being a fan of a club is about having it in your blood. It's about going away to Preston and losing on a wet Tuesday night. It's about the stories you can tell. Steve Howard's header, Nalis volley, big Ormondroyd...etc etc..

I think we now have far more 'admirers' than we had only a year ago. But have we more 'fans' of LCFC? Not in my definition of the term.

Finally, being a fan of a certain player doesn't make you a fan of the club he plays for. I'm a fan of Aguero. I think he's a brilliant striker. But I still wanted us to hammer Man City. Which we did. lol

Faycal

The guy is a gang member.

And also excuse me but without leicester maybe Mahrez still be playing in division 2 in dark france.

Leicester has got him cheap...they made a very good business deal an d can cash on him and maybe discover better then him as we know.

Leicester is a good collectif with a magician.

A part from that apology to reel fans...over and out.

right

i know that without leiceter no one would have heard of him

we all know that, i was just saying that mahrez brings that magical touch to the leiceter team

they are all great players, and a solid group this what makes them a very strong team

they are together for maybe 4 years now, and when you see them playing ,specially when they score ,you can see the joy on each player ,to tell you the truth lately i did not watch football games because it was a bit boring, but i have to say since i have been watching leiceter the last 3 games ,they gave me this envy to watch football again ,of course this is because we have a player there ,but believe me leiceter is loved also by the way they perform ,it reminds me of algeria in the world cup 2014 ,and if there is a game i want to watch today is defenetly the leiceter one ,it is fantastic and who loves football has to be fan of leiceter ,

saying that i do not want that the leiceter fans have the wrong idea about our comments

and we are writing in a language that is not ours ,so maybe they are something that was missunderstood!!!!!

i agree algerianfox

but when you hear somebody telling you  do you think anyone cares that 40 million Algerians are watching illegal streams, jizzing over Mahrez this is a big insult to the people of algeria ,this make us very angry ,we felt insulted and not welcomed

You were really quick to conduct a survey on all 40 million Algerians there... How did you do it?

Also, playing the racism card when confonted with an internet insult that's got a humourous touch to it, you better leave it as it is.

Just to make it clear, no one on this forum hates Algerians or Mahrez, we only hate insulting posts about our club. It is absolutely fine to follow our club as a Mahrez supporter. I did the same with Ronaldo when he used to move around clubs. It is also fine to discuss Mahrez and his importance to our team, he's been very important!

But you have to understand that saying our club is nothing without Mahrez is very insulting to our fans that have seen this team being built up over the last few years to get to this point and is also very insulting to our players who have helped the club and Mahrez to reach these heights. Of course, Mahrez has also helped the club and our players a lot too, it works both ways.

Also, when you see one single fan make an inflammatory post, please don't assume they represent every Leicester fan! 

It's worth buckets. In terms of what it'll give Leicester, you'll get:

1. Massive boost in media coverage, that will linger at least for a year or two even if you flop next season
  2. Massive boost in shirt sales
  3. Ridiculous boost in sales of miscellaneous merchandise in far-off "exotic" lands
  4. Huge new sponsorships if any current deals expire in the summer

I don't know what current Leicester shirt sales are, but I can easily see it increasing ten fold over twelve months. Relegation scrap to potential title winners - it isn't just the rise in the quality of football, it's the whole fairytale aspect of it. You'll go from a Midlands brand with some off-shore assets to a worldwide household name. You already have by making it this far. You'll have kids in China, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, America, Canada, all wearing LCFC as a fashion piece. That kind of sales boost is a big boost to any club, even if the buyers are plastics and tourists. 

Let's say you sell an additional 300,000 shirts. That's still only a fraction of what the real big boys sell, but at £40-£50 a pop for a shirt these days that's a world class striker right there (not that you need one). It's attainable if your board are any good at employing the right marketing. 

On a side note, as a Barnsley fan it's been great to watch this. I've watched the reds get dragged through 8 tedious relegation battles... in a row. Then we were finally relegated, and now we're mid-table league one. We haven't won a competition in decades, and the last time we did it was the Third Division North. Our gates have dropped by 25% in 10 years, we have absolutely no hope of any foreign investment being a poor mining town, and up until our recent winning run people had just stopped caring. Watching a team like Leicester come out of absolutely nowhere, even though you're still considerably bigger than us, is the most refreshing thing a fan like me can hope for. It gives people like me, fans of the likes of Barnsley, Chesterfield, Bury, Peterbrough, Scunthorpe, the hope that our teams can turn something around at any time and end up even just one division higher. It reminds us that football isn't decided until the game has been played. 

Every fan in England, barring those of your rivals - and even some of those in secret, are currently hoping and praying Leicester win the league. 

Oh, and thanks for the £800 I just cashed out  :D

It's worth buckets. In terms of what it'll give Leicester, you'll get:

1. Massive boost in media coverage, that will linger at least for a year or two even if you flop next season
  2. Massive boost in shirt sales
  3. Ridiculous boost in sales of miscellaneous merchandise in far-off "exotic" lands
  4. Huge new sponsorships if any current deals expire in the summer

I don't know what current Leicester shirt sales are, but I can easily see it increasing ten fold over twelve months. Relegation scrap to potential title winners - it isn't just the rise in the quality of football, it's the whole fairytale aspect of it. You'll go from a Midlands brand with some off-shore assets to a worldwide household name. You already have by making it this far. You'll have kids in China, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, America, Canada, all wearing LCFC as a fashion piece. That kind of sales boost is a big boost to any club, even if the buyers are plastics and tourists. 

Let's say you sell an additional 300,000 shirts. That's still only a fraction of what the real big boys sell, but at £40-£50 a pop for a shirt these days that's a world class striker right there (not that you need one). It's attainable if your board are any good at employing the right marketing. 

On a side note, as a Barnsley fan it's been great to watch this. I've watched the reds get dragged through 8 tedious relegation battles... in a row. Then we were finally relegated, and now we're mid-table league one. We haven't won a competition in decades, and the last time we did it was the Third Division North. Our gates have dropped by 25% in 10 years, we have absolutely no hope of any foreign investment being a poor mining town, and up until our recent winning run people had just stopped caring. Watching a team like Leicester come out of absolutely nowhere, even though you're still considerably bigger than us, is the most refreshing thing a fan like me can hope for. It gives people like me, fans of the likes of Barnsley, Chesterfield, Bury, Peterbrough, Scunthorpe, the hope that our teams can turn something around at any time and end up even just one division higher. It reminds us that football isn't decided until the game has been played. 

Every fan in England, barring those of your rivals - and even some of those in secret, are currently hoping and praying Leicester win the league. 

Oh, and thanks for the £800 I just cashed out  :D

Thanks for the plaudits, but please build yourself a new 30'000 seater, get near administration first, and have one of your former players sue you for compensation after alleged wrongful dismissal, plus fail twice at promotion to the Premier League via playoffs in the space of three years.

Then come back. :D

that also is a cracking reply respect both ways  lets see if we can play you again perhaps next season in one of the cup games at your place

also posted your comments on our forum very well received by our people, many are saying they remember that game

you english have really a diffrent way how to see things

i wonder why you drive on the right side!!!!!

Just so we're clear, what do you define as racism because that looks a lot more like it to me than what you 'suffered'.  Not to mention embarrassingly inaccurate, imagine not knowing the English drive on the left.

What exactly are you trying to achieve here?  You started this whole thing off by coming onto the forum of the team currently 1st in the Premier League to tell them that they're shit without the one player from your country (again, what's your definition of racism because that sounds like a very Aryan approach to me) and then you started crying in public the second anyone disagreed with you, choosing to throw accusations of gang membership (whatever that means) and racism instead of engaging in anything approaching a legitimate debate.  What's the end game here?  Are you waiting until this whole forum hates you so you can claim we're all racist against you or something else equally ridiculous?  Jog on if you want to carry on being so pathetic.  Please stay if you want to accept you've been very silly and actually our team are great even when Mahrez isn't playing.

Archived