Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

good article by the Daily Mail

Claudio constantly refers to a team spirit "he's never seen before", which was instilled by Pearson.

I still give Pearson credit but I'm tired of hearing at it at this point, I could see why some PL clubs may be hesitant to sign him up and the Derby job as much as I hate to say it, is made for him at this point.

I'll give you and Nigel that team spirit that's a fair shout

1 they should never have needed a great escape we were in that mess because of Pearson

2 we have no idea what Walsh did or didn't have to explain to Claudio , pure conjecture

3 we agree here , but also score more goals now , lots more the team is performing light years ahead of even how they were performing through "the great escape"

We weren't in a 'mess' it was our first season and we finished 14th. If you think we would be here without that upturn in results and unbeatable attitude then I'm speechless.

We do because Claudio said it himself in an article not long after signing him.

You're obviously biased and I can't understand how you can complain about a man who allowed us this platform after relegation to League One.  

Not having that really we are top of the table because of Claudio

Nigel's work was done ! His level reached

We are top because of both of them... how many more times do you need to hear Ranieri praise the squad, backroom staff and setup etc that he inherited.

He's had plenty of credit, on here, in the press and by Ranieri himself. You can't bring the bloke up after every game, we wouldn't be where we are with him in charge if you ask me. I was a big fan of his, but tactically Ranieri is on a different level. We'd still be having a good season, but Ranieri seems to solve problems pretty much instantly, where as Nigel took months sometimes to address an issue.

Have to agree.

We weren't in a 'mess' it was our first season and we finished 14th. If you think we would be here without that upturn in results and unbeatable attitude then I'm speechless.

We do because Claudio said it himself in an article not long after signing him.

You're obviously biased and I can't understand how you can complain about a man who allowed us this platform after relegation to League One.

Are you mental ? We were 1-6 with bookies to be relegated in February

He was sacked 12 months ago yesterday !!!! Yes sacked ! (The reinstated)

We are now 2-1 to win the league

We were in a mess !

Pearson got lucky he fumbled on a formation that worked and the rest is history !

We weren't in a mess lol

We are top because of both of them... how many more times do you need to hear Ranieri praise the squad, backroom staff and setup etc that he inherited.

Italian modesty

lol

The reverse is also true

"how the Feck did Pearson ever manage to get this team almost relegated "

Because it wasn't "this team" was it... it was a team without Fuchs, Huth, Kante, Okazaki and so on. We had a squad with GTF, Chris Wood, Liam Moore, Konchesky, Dean Hammond all getting game time!!! Drinkwater, Wes, Ryad, Schlupp and pretty much everyone else were learning about the premier league.

You can argue until the cows come home about whether we should have signed more, but we all know how difficult it was for us (and others) to get players in that summer.

Fact is, he and the players learnt as they went along and we stayed up, he put down the foundations for Ranieri to walk in and pick up from where he left off.

Wouldn't be here without Nigel.

Wouldn't be here with him!

That's probably the most succinct and accurate summary of our situation I've read.

I've not read this article, but judging by some of the responses I can Imagine it's about Pearson doing the work and deserves credit for it?

He does deserve some credit.  It's clear that with the playing staff and backroom staff that are left, he clearly had a eye for talent, hard work, commitment and had a clear vision of the future.

What we will never know now is whether he had the know how to unlock it all.  It's pointless arguing, debating and discussing it.  We will never know. 

What seems clear this season though is that someone, and Claudio will get most of the praise, has unlocked all the potential.

Pearson had a plan, but it seems as though it was flawed.  Claudio took the blueprints made the change and carried it on.

A builder will never get the credit for laying the foundations and making sure a building stands strong, the architect will get all the praise for making the building look beautiful!

Nobody knows why we are top of league as a single reason. It's made up of many reasons and many of them come directly from the work Pearson did building Leicester. What I will say is Ranieri tactically is streets ahead of Pearson and it's often minute details that become the difference between doing well and doing really, really well. It's that few percent extra and you only have to look at our substitiutions that have changed games compared to the predictable subs that Pearson made week in, week out.

It's almost like Nigel and his staff have teed up Ranieri and he's now driving them on to the pinnacle of success. Both should be commended but really all the focus should be on the NOW and that's the players and manager in this moment.

I'll never forget what Pearson did here, he's a team builder and anyone in the championship will be lucky to have him, maybe some PL clubs too but he'd probably not get the time to build like he did with us.

Imagine having NP and CR on the same management team

In effect we have. Pearson's foundations and backroom staff and the extra tactical and managerial ability of Ranieri. It's a match made in heaven.

I love how Claudio has seen we have a good thing hear and has just tweaked and improved it in different ways rather than ripping up the excellent foundations and try and make it his.

Imagine if Taylor had approached it this way rather than tearing the heart out of the team. I suppose that's why Claudio will go down as one of the greats and Taylor will go down as a lower league manager famous for making Beckham captain.

Good artcile? It's another load of attention seeking, deliberately-controversial bull shit from that **** Adrian Durham. Nigel has had plenty of credit. Durham is just trying to stick out from the crowd, as per ****ing usual. 

Brilliant article. Pearson laid the foundations, as a 'team building' manager I don't think there are any better currently in the English game

No doubt CR is streets again in terms of tactical awareness than big nige but I would also say NP is ahead of CR in 'building a team'

Jesus what a load of crap, think that journo needs a lie down.

How can a man who instructed his goal keeper coach to take care of set pieces be anyway responsible for our performances and league position this year.

And before folk start on the team, Nigel simply took the recommendations of his scouts.

How can a man who instructed his goal keeper coach to take care of set pieces be anyway responsible for our performances and league position this year.

And before folk start on the team, Nigel simply took the recommendations of his scouts.

And whose scouts were those? Cos I seem to remember we signed the likes of Beckford, Matt Mills et al before NP took over? It was Pearsons scouting team.

I watched the Man City game again yesterday and I was so impressed with our defensive shape. I just kept watching the back four and their movements and they were moving like a chain. Fuchs and Simpson were practically holding hands with Morgan and Huth. Kante and Drinkwater screening ahead of the back four.

Huth and Morgan biggest weakness is pace so Ranieri makes sure to utilise their strength which is tackling heading. The reason Morgan looks like a top CB is because he's being played to his strength. Same with Vardy.

Ranieri has instilled tactical awareness into Albrighton, Vardy and Mahrez.

I spoke to Man City fans and they said they haven't been tactically outclassed like we did to them since they played Chelsea last season. That's one hell of a compliment.

I love Pearson but Ranieri is tactically streets ahead of him.

Fortunately for us and unfortunately for Nige he is a victim of his own success / foundations in many ways.

If we were not doing so well this season Shaky / Walsh / Sport science team would almost certainly have followed him to his next job. Now it seems unlikely, I do still think Shaky will join him eventually But hopefully Walsh will stay

It will be interesting to see how he gets on without his normal staff around him

Yip

And whose scouts were those? Cos I seem to remember we signed the likes of Beckford, Matt Mills et al before NP took over? It was Pearsons scouting team.

lol You're proving exactly what he said

He put the system in place, we signed Fuchs whilst Pearson was in charge and Kante had been mentioned during his reign as well. 

Without Pearson: no Premier League, no hidden gems, probably would be mingling with Forest having re-signed Fryatt.

Claudio is tactically superior to Pearson in every way and that's why we're where we are

You have to be some special kind of deluded to think that Pearson was anything but a positive step in this club (and don't get on the media shite because I have no care what those leeches have to say).

Ranieri took us to the next level but that's because he's a fantastic, experienced manager who has a pedigree and we were lucky of the Greece job we got him.

That said, I do find it funny how Pearson was a terrible manager for having a bad few months before finishing 14th, despite Ranieri having a catastrophic couple of months with Greece before picking up and destroying the League with us... 

Anyway it's buried. We're lucky to have two class managers in a row that have complimented each other so well in building this club.

I think you are getting ahead of yourselves regarding the article about Pearson and should he ride on the open top bus if the premiership title is won.

You should be concentrating on the game against Arsenal this coming Sunday, not who gets to ride on the bus.

The premiership title is still a fair way off, but is within your grasp, if you remain calm and focused.

Articles like this only distracts from the job in hand.

People hate being made to look stupid that's why they keep dragging up the whole Pearson debate. These are the people who tipped us to finish bottom.

This is true. Nail on the head.

Archived