Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

When will we be mathematically safe?

Most pointless thread ever I know but just a bit of fun, when does everyone think we'll be safe.

I reckon after Watford away.

What a nuclear war?

I would say the odds say we stand more chance of winning the league than going down.

lol depending on results this weekend Villa could need snookers to catch us lol lol

If my maths is correct then this weekend it could be impossible for Villa to catch us lol that's mental.

Surely if we beat Arsenal then beat Norwich we will be mathematically safe depending on what Sunderland do, if the bottom 3 lose their next 2 games and we win then we are safe (We would be 36 clear of Norwich with 33 to play for)

EDIT. Ive just noticed its when you THINK we will be safe. I think it will be the West Brom game

I'm not sure, but we might already be safe. I know it's possible for Norwich in 18th place to catch us, but is it possible for all the clubs between us and Norwich to finish above us? They can't all win all their remaining games, because they have to take points off each other. It's possible for one club to win every game they have left, but if they do that, then no-one else who they still have to play can.

Winning constantly, we will be safe after three or four games.*

Earning an average of 2 points per week, we will be safe after five games.

Drawing every game, we will be safe after 9 or 10 games.*

We need nine wins to guarantee a Champions League playoff or group stage spot, and eleven to just skip the playoffs altogether.

*Goal difference.

If we match Villa's result this weekend then they are mathematically unable to catch us. If Sunderland lose and we win then we'll be 36 ahead of them with 12 to play.

Can't you get 36pts from 12 games anymore?

I'm not sure, but we might already be safe. I know it's possible for Norwich in 18th place to catch us, but is it possible for all the clubs between us and Norwich to finish above us? They can't all win all their remaining games, because they have to take points off each other. It's possible for one club to win every game they have left, but if they do that, then no-one else who they still have to play can.

Before the City game (may have been before Liverpool as well) it was apparently still mathematically possible for the league to finish in complete reverse.

Not sure that holds true any more, but a hell of a stat nonetheless!

This has to be the most pointless thread ever but in the history of the premier league no team has ever been relegated having obtained 53 points. We are safe already.

Irony
NOUN
  1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect:
    "‘Don't go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony"

lol Dont really get some of the responses here.

Like I said, its just a q for fun, bit like the teams who cant catch us thread. Also posted to highlight that something we thought would be the number 1 aim of the season back in August has barely been given a moments thought in the past months.

For what it's worth, sportsclubstats.com say there's no chance of Leicester City getting relegated. Furthermore, probabilistically speaking, they say the lowest Leicester could finish is 14th, but the chances of Leicester finishing outside the Champions League places are minute. They have the chances of us finishing 5th at 1%, and all places 6-14th are <0.5%.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/Premier.html

lol Dont really get some of the responses here.

Like I said, its just a q for fun, bit like the teams who cant catch us thread. Also posted to highlight that something we thought would be the number 1 aim of the season back in August has barely been given a moments thought in the past months.

It’s a GOOD thread.

The more we underplay our chances of winning the title, the more chance we actually have.

“We are staying up!” is a much better attitude than “We’re gonna win the League!”

Archived