Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WarehamFox

Alan Smith

On SkySports he just said if Leicester win it with a sub standard squad! What have the other teams spent there money on? They must have a more sub standard squad  than Leicester. What's wrong with being a team with camaraderie! Come on City, win it for the fans and put the big boy's in there place!!!!!

I don't know why people are against comments like this. I like that fact we don't have any superstars - we have a great team and we're showing that you don't have to go out and spend millions of pounds. 

There's a big difference between building a team full of players who can do things individually well and nothing more & building what we have, we attack and defend as a unit, everyone fights for each other and you can see the spirit within it because they are together everyday & believe in themselves. We are fortunate to have a kept a core squad and build it up over the last few years and it is clearly a key factor, it proves money doesn't always buy success and that hard work reaps its rewards.

Whatever happens this season, it has been an absolute dream watching this club turn into what it is today, long may it continue :scarf:

I don't know why people are against comments like this. I like that fact we don't have any superstars - we have a great team and we're showing that you don't have to go out and spend millions of pounds. 

Substandard squad is just insulting.

We don't have any superstars? We have the top scorer in the league, the man with the most combined goals and assists and the man with the most tackles and interceptions.

I don't know what these terms mean 'sub standard squad' and 'no superstars'. You don't get to February being top of this league without having some exceptional players.

Players like Demichelis, Mangala, Otamendi, Sterling and Delph are starting for Man City and Arsenal's only striker is a very average finisher.

Or are pundits not intelligent enough to rate players on more than just their transfer fees?

And by the way, Alan Smith is the same clueless tosser that called us a rugby city.

This.

He's not knocking us.

He is having a go at all them saying we are sub standard.

Other teams and their fans are saying this, but if this is true and we're beating them, then they need to look at themselves.

He's talking about perspective.

We don't have any superstars? We have the top scorer in the league, the man with the most combined goals and assists and the man with the most tackles and interceptions.

I don't know what these terms mean 'sub standard squad' and 'no superstars'. You don't get to February being top of this league without having some exceptional players.

Players like Demichelis, Mangala, Otamendi, Sterling and Delph are starting for Man City and Arsenal's only striker is a very average finisher.

Or are pundits not intelligent enough to rate players on more than just their transfer fees?

And by the way, Alan Smith is the same clueless tosser that called us a rugby city.

This squad is sub-standard in comparison to that of previous premier league winners.

Only those disagreeing need to take off the blue specs.

I couldn't care less if he called us a 'Rugby City', that's his opinion. And let's face it he isn't the first and won't be the last to call us that. He's a hero here so I should think any Leicester City wouldn't call him a 'clueless tosser'.

Of course we don't have any superstars, regardless of our current overachieving. Arsenal and Manchester City have the superstars. We are showing you don't need that which is great. A superstar is different to an exceptional player.

Are you referring to Giroud with that comment? "Average finisher" **** off, the guy is class and boasts a batter scoring rate than both Henry and Bergkamp, two of Arsenal's greatest ever players.

Take your biased blue specs off.

I couldn't care less if he called us a 'Rugby City', that's his opinion. And let's face it he isn't the first and won't be the last to call us that. He's a hero here so I should think any Leicester City wouldn't call him a 'clueless tosser'.

Of course we don't have any superstars, regardless of our current overachieving. Arsenal and Manchester City have the superstars. We are showing you don't need that which is great. A superstar is different to an exceptional player.

Are you referring to Giroud with that comment? "Average finisher" **** off, the guy is class and boasts a batter scoring rate than both Henry and Bergkamp, two of Arsenal's greatest ever players.

Take your biased blue specs off.

It may well be his opinion, isn't that what we're judging him on? I couldn't care less if he played for us once in a blue moon, that doesn't define him as a pundit.

What are you suggesting a superstar is? These are players who would be commanding huge transfer fees if they were sold on. The ones I've mentioned are ripping one of the best and most competitive leagues in the world to pieces.

Giroud is an extremely average finisher. In fact that's being kind. He misses great chances on a regular basis and his goal return is poor for the amount of opportunities he gets. How is his scoring rate better than Henry's? lol

As far as the no superstars are concerned, am I the only one who thinks Mahrez is world class?  I think in a few years time people may look back at this squad and realize there was a superstar in the making.  I hope he stays at Leicester for a long time, but if he does move on I would imagine it would be to Spanish giant, or maybe PSG.

It may well be his opinion, isn't that what we're judging him on? I couldn't care less if he played for us once in a blue moon, that doesn't define him as a pundit.

What are you suggesting a superstar is? These are players who would be commanding huge transfer fees if they were sold on. The ones I've mentioned are ripping one of the best and most competitive leagues in the world to pieces.

Giroud is an extremely average finisher. In fact that's being kind. He misses great chances on a regular basis and his goal return is poor for the amount of opportunities he gets. How is his scoring rate better than Henry's? lol

I think a superstar is a big name - say, an Ozil or a Aguero. We don't have big names. Kanye, Drinkwater, Vardy, Mahrez - they aren't big names. But they're having great seasons.

It's all relative though.

Giroud is not average. His scoring rate is exceptional, far better than ignorant people think. He's scored like 55 in 120.

Archived