Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Aiyawatt 'Top' Raksriaksorn's five years at Leicester City

Wasn't it mandaric who tried to get rid of the birch and Top and Vichai gave him a lifetime ambassadorial role?

There's an element of luck whatever happens in football, what if man u sacked Ferguson after three years as they were very close to doing, what if they didn't even appoint him, however they did and they stuck with him. What the owners did was to structure the club, invest heavily throughout and trust the people to do the jobs they were hired for. This increases the chances of success, give the right people the tools and they will perform. You never know how it will go when hiring managers, you make a judgement on what's available to you and hope its good judgement. They made good judgement hiring Pearson, they made good judgement not sacking him and it appears they've made good judgement in eventually deciding to sack him and hire Ranieri. You make your own luck by your actions.

Think Mandaric needs some praise.

He stabilised the club when it was sinking initially and he said the club's new owners are the 'right fit' for the club.

Took him several managers and a relegation to the third tier to make it happen, though.

I think basically they're lucky that they took over a club that Nigel Pearson had recently managed at, with a number of players and staff members who had worked under him.

They took over, things clearly weren't working out so they appointed Sven, there appeared to be no real plan other than to throw money at the team in the hopes that it would take us to the Premier League. The entire initial approach to getting us out of the Championship was flawed, and there were clear errors of judgement in terms of building a relationship with the fans (trying to get rid of Alan Birchenall for example). They've obviously learned with regards to the relationship with the fans very quickly, but I think they've been lucky in terms of the direction of the football club. Nigel Pearson is clearly an appointment that was made on the back of what he'd previously done at the club - if they'd come into a club that he didn't have that history with, then I don't see anything to suggest that the same fantastic focus on player recruitment and fitness would have taken place - they were lucky in that respect. According to Nigel Pearson's agent they were trying to convince Harry Redknapp to take the job in 2012 and I think we all know how that would have gone (No doubt a move back in the direction we were going when we appointed Sven, nowhere) - they were lucky he didn't quit on the spot then, they were lucky that he didn't say screw you after they sacked and reinstated him last season or we'd most likely be a Championship club again right now. They've invested a lot, but lots of owners have, Fawaz has, it doesn't necessarily make you a good owner. There are positives of course, they've done a lot right in the last year or so particularly, but I don't think they're a great deal better than most other owners.

[Prepares for hatred]

You`ve still not got over them sacking saint Nigel then i presume! 

Absolutely unbelievable, and as for trying to get rid of Alan Birchenall, that was Lee Hoos, when he was here, not the owners.

In fact it was the owners, who told him he had a job here as long as he wanted it, as well as donating shit loads to his yearly run.

Also don`t forget the 45 thousand quid they donated to the text ellis appeal!

The free shirts, scarves, bacon cobs, the free beers, for travelling fans, all the money invested in the training ground, our owners have been fantastic.

We are the lucky ones, that they chose our club to invest their money and time in.

Also, you say they were lucky Pearson didn`t say screw you, after they sacked and reinstated him!

Well i`d say, considering at the time, that we had spent almost three quarters of the season rock bottom of the league, having won just 4 of our first 24 games, including a run of 11 defeats, two draws and no wins, from 13 games before christmas, that Pearson was extremely lucky to have not been sacked before, and at most clubs he wouldn`t have even made christmas!

I think basically they're lucky that they took over a club that Nigel Pearson had recently managed at, with a number of players and staff members who had worked under him.

They took over, things clearly weren't working out so they appointed Sven, there appeared to be no real plan other than to throw money at the team in the hopes that it would take us to the Premier League. The entire initial approach to getting us out of the Championship was flawed, and there were clear errors of judgement in terms of building a relationship with the fans (trying to get rid of Alan Birchenall for example). They've obviously learned with regards to the relationship with the fans very quickly, but I think they've been lucky in terms of the direction of the football club. Nigel Pearson is clearly an appointment that was made on the back of what he'd previously done at the club - if they'd come into a club that he didn't have that history with, then I don't see anything to suggest that the same fantastic focus on player recruitment and fitness would have taken place - they were lucky in that respect. According to Nigel Pearson's agent they were trying to convince Harry Redknapp to take the job in 2012 and I think we all know how that would have gone (No doubt a move back in the direction we were going when we appointed Sven, nowhere) - they were lucky he didn't quit on the spot then, they were lucky that he didn't say screw you after they sacked and reinstated him last season or we'd most likely be a Championship club again right now. They've invested a lot, but lots of owners have, Fawaz has, it doesn't necessarily make you a good owner. There are positives of course, they've done a lot right in the last year or so particularly, but I don't think they're a great deal better than most other owners.

[Prepares for hatred]

Can definitely see where you're coming from there. I do think they're good. They've made some good investments and they have their heads screwed on, but I do think they have quite regularly gotten out of jail. Absolutely nailed it with Pearson's replacement.

Considering Preki has disappeared off the face of the earth since accepting a 'top job in English football', I think its fair to say some of it was justified.

Thank god Ranieri shouted about wanting the job.

Only a fecking idiot would actually believed he was about to get the job. I called bullshit at the time, you can check.

I have been confused about Vichai and Aiyawatt's surname for the last couple of days. I just learned it was changed to Srivaddhanaprabha by the King of Thailand!

From Wilipedia: "In February 2013 the family name Srivaddhanaprabha was bestowed on Vichai and his family by the King of Thailand. "It is our family’s greatest honour to receive this royally granted surname", Vichai said. "The name 'Srivaddhanaprabha' conveys positive attributes to the industry and brings prosperity to our family. We have now officially changed our surname since it was published in the Royal Gazette in late 2012", Vichai said after formally announcing the change."

That is quite cool.

Welcome to 2012!!

Welcome to 2012!!

Amply deserved :).

I freely admit I wasn't following the club very closely while they were in the lower divisions.  I was basically checking scores and hoping for a good run to get them back in the Premier League.

Can definitely see where you're coming from there. I do think they're good. They've made some good investments and they have their heads screwed on, but I do think they have quite regularly gotten out of jail. Absolutely nailed it with Pearson's replacement.

Everyone needs some luck. But allowing people the resources and the space to do the job gives you a better chance of success. They aren't all over the media every week, they back their managers and it's coming to fruition.

Archived