Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnny the fox

Cheated out of it..

Just got back and haven't seen any replays

Ref was poor for both sides

Seemed to favour us first half but levelled it up second half for them

Mahrez looked like a blatant dive at the time but his reaction would suggest otherwise ?

Sat in the home end and what a bunch of moaning tossers who thought it was their right to win

I suspect on their second half dominance they probably deserved the win but the ten men were a real credit to LCFC

Morgan Kante and Drinkwater were unreal

Looking forward to seeing Kaspers save as that looked unbelievable at the time

Firstly hard lines being a minute away from a big point. You pressed intensely and were incredibly organised and Kante looks the best B2B CM/DM in the PL, what a beast. I don't think we win if you have 11 men, I mean maybe we do, but Welbeck probably doesn't even come on if you have 11 men.  

But Arsenal fans were saying the same 'Atkinson always tries to do us'. Ozil should have had a foul in the build up to your penalty, so you shouldn't have been 1 up. We should have had tons more freekicks than we got in the first half. 

Yea Mahrez could have had a very soft pen. Personally I don't like the 'any potential foul in the box is a pen and if you knock the ball past a defender and jump into him you deserve a pen'. Monreal tried to get out the way of that one and he was going down before the trailing leg went over him. Arguably Arsenal could have had 2 soft pens, a unintentional handball and one of your players had his arms around Giroud impeding him on a corner. Those have both been given in the past, rightly or wrongly. I don't think soft penalties are right personally. 

And yes Coquelin absolutely could of been off for being a massive idiot, that's a massive game changer. 

Jammy cvnts..

Flamini should have been off last week..

They got away with murder today!

..why do referees ALWAYS give the bigger teams the BIG decisions??

Because they are the bigger teams, the amount of imaginary card waving and screaming at the ref was embarrassing, No doubt Arsene will be screaming when Barcelona rob them yet again in the CL

The foul on Kante on the build up to the pen, I believe could have been a red, I am looking forward to seeing the incident again. Kante was completely upended! silly decision by Simpson, but hardly a yellow card!

The penalty was a definate, as for the foul by Morgan, If Ozil bends down and backs in  as Morgan jumps up to challenge for the header of course he will flatten Oil. He did not use his arms on Ozil though. I thought Arsenal too were very unsporting and ungracious in victory. I think it goes to show just how much they class us as a threat!

We weren't cheated, our lack of discipline at times hurt us. The ref was quick to get the cards out after half-time and was lenient on Coquelin who started grappling with Mahrez unprovoked (walking slowly off the pitch is no excuse to make contact with an opponent).

We weren't cheated, our lack of discipline at times hurt us. The ref was quick to get the cards out after half-time and was possibly lenient on Coquelin who started grappling with Mahrez unprovoked (walking slowly off the pitch is no excuse to make contact with an opponent).

Possibly lenient? you cannot do it simple as, the watch is stopped it is an offence and a booking at least

Wouldn't say we were cheated. Ref was great in the first half I thought, let the game flow and recognised 50/50 challenges were there to be won. In the second half though it seemed Mike Dean had flayed his face off and wore it like Hannibal Lecter. Nothing was up for grabs and anything not resembling the perfect tackle was given. Frustrating.

We weren't cheated, our lack of discipline at times hurt us. The ref was quick to get the cards out after half-time and was lenient on Coquelin who started grappling with Mahrez unprovoked (walking slowly off the pitch is no excuse to make contact with an opponent).

Given the few minutes which had preceded it, I don't think there can be much doubt that had a Leicester player done what Coquelin did he'd have been booked (so sent off in Coquelin's case).

The more I think about it the more I recognise it was a very difficult game to referee and ultimately we suffered because of a very weird 15 minutes after half time in which we made too many fouls and gave the referee the opportunity to send somebody off.

You think we're pissed off, I've just been reading the Man City forum. Will be surprised if Clattenberg make it out of Manchester alive tonight. Shame the refs are dominating the threads tonight and not the football. They're having far too big an influence in the outcome of this title run in and desperately need some help imo.

I honestly don't think we were cheated. We had things go our way in that game as well.

If anything it was naivety at times. Cheats are catered for in this game. That's an indisputable fact. Don't play into their hands. Don't give them an excuse to go down.

I don't actually think there's a long term problem here. We aren't going to win them all.

We weren't cheated, it was just a very harsh decision with the sending off.

We have dodged a few cards this season and generally been on the good end of 50/50 penalty decisions against us. Statistically, we have to have decisions against us that we disagree with, but I think we are certainly 'up' in the regard as it stands.

Let's just be happy

I honestly don't think we were cheated. We had things go our way in that game as well.

If anything it was naivety at times. Cheats are catered for in this game. That's an indisputable fact. Don't play into their hands. Don't give them an excuse to go down.

I don't actually think there's a long term problem here. We aren't going to win them all.

good post..Agree with your thoughts.  :thumbup:

I'd actually not seen a replay of that Simpson second yellow until now but that is an absolute joke of a booking.

Giroud hasn't got away from him, they're tussling for the ball. Fair enough give a yellow card if there's a counter-attack and the player has cynically tugged back the man in possession but nothing of the sort had happened. Stupid of Simpson to make the foul but I'm not sure I've ever seen a yellow card given for a tug back in that position, and it certainly wasn't enough for a second yellow card. He's gaining no material advantage by making that foul, which again obviously raises the question of what the hell he's doing tugging the shirt in the first place.

Not convinced by the Mahrez penalty shout.

Arsenal fans complaining about Vardy throwing himself into Monreal are totally missing the point. The foul is initially made when Monreal trips Vardy's right foot, not the left.

Drinkwater definitely should have gone. Bad tackle, out of control and endangering the safety of an opponent. Exactly the sort of tackle they should be stamping out (pardon the pun).

Archived