Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Leicester 1 - 0 Newcastle post-match

I don't think we've performed well recently but to our credit we've continued to pick up points. If we go on to win this thing the three 1-0 wins we've had in the last four games ought to be remembered. In each of them we've created littlw but found a goal from somewhere. Not spectacular like dominating Man City at the Etihad but vital nonetheless.

Bang average tonight but a win's a win.

God knows why Sky gave Drinkwater MOTM, that was by far his worst performance of the season. Kante though was incredible, he was everywhere and his defensive work especially when covering for Drinkwater was exceptional. Okazaki & Albrighton I thought played well, while even though he didn't really stand out I thought Fuchs made some exceptional tackles in the second half.

As for Newcastle they did alright but thankfully their finishing was dire.

Not great but back to five points clear, roll on Palace :)

oh and Shinji, what a finish that was son. Thought he was our best player first half, absolutely everywhere and seemed to win a shitload of headers. So happy that he's got the glory of winning 3 points for us, enjoy it Shinji!

i don't know if it was just me... but i thoiught drinkwater had a poor game by his recent standard. Kante was easily man of the match for me.

drinky was giving the ball away a lot with misplaced passes and losing his feet - with what looked like a case of shinji-itus

overall would say team was 6 out of 10, but we got the three points. Ulloa did well when he came on.

both pardew and koeman were watching today so they might try to improve on rafas plan against us - no matter - as i think our team never really got out of 3rd gear today.

Ah well, it's another 3 points, but we were really poor tonight. People watching that match around the World must have thought "How is this side top of the Premiership?"

I was thinking that Drinky had a very poor game, probably his worst this season & then Sky gave him MOM!!!  IMO none of our guys played well tonight, but Kante should have got MOM.

A definite improvement in Newcastle & they were probably unlucky not to get a point.

Onward & Upward!

Wasn't expecting that from us. Thought both teams were poor. Shinji's goal was fantastic but other than a few other rare moments of control I thought we played nervous. Afraid to make a mistake and made more trying not to.

5 pts up going into the Palace game :)

.....and if sky gave DD motm they haven't a clue.

Struggled to keep the ball for some periods, but got back into shape quickly and heads were switched back on.

It felt like a relegation battle, very scrappy and some players lacked confidence in themselves.

Newcastle weren't too bad, and support was not bad considering not many understandably went.

This is what someone has put up on there facebook wall I know this evening, he supports cov btw

"Leicester fans singing ' your getting sacked in the morning' to rafa benitez, oh excuse me but he has won more trophies than your entire club HAHAHA midlands c*u*ns! nothing but wa*nkers"

dearie me lol, well at least we don't play the likes of Fleetwood, Barnsley, Bury, Burton, Walsall, Crawley and only getting home gates of 8,000 in a stadium that can hold 32,000!

Absolutely shocking game but we did what we had to, again.

We're winning this league. I'm completely convinced on it. I've said it since the Man City game and I'll stick by it until they get the trophy lifted, because they will.

Absolutely shocking game but we did what we had to, again.

We're winning this league. I'm completely convinced on it. I've said it since the Man City game and I'll stick by it until they get the trophy lifted, because they will.

I ****ing hope you are right

Would be amazing

Thought it was fairly accomplished.

The defence--although not a good as it has been--held up fairly well.

Midfield, with Kante by far the best, making me think you can make bets on who sky will give motm giving them the ability to make some underhanded money, was decent.

The shots on target is obviously a worry. Maybe our problem was Drinky's less than optimal performance. Would like to see Vardy manage to find away these deep defenders.

Lacked a certain something the Drinky normally gives, but wasn't awful I thought.

Not a sparkling performance by us but 3 F****** points is all that counts lads....i dont care what anyone neutral watching on sky sports thinks about the league leaders...all that matters is 8 games to go 5 points clear. I think we steamroll a mclaren newcastle just like we did in the away fixture but they weren't terrible tonight and shinji got the job done and we kept the clean sheet...reminiscent of a chelsea type performance in the latter end of last season and they ended up being CHAMPIONS

I ****ing hope you are right

Would be amazing

I see no reason we won't and I've said it for ages. The rest aren't that great and we've got the ruthless mentality needed to win titles in my eyes, and as a result we'll go all the way.

That was awful and I can only imagine Drinkwater's MoM award was an early April Fool because Kante was our best performer by a distance with Drinky not even close.

Clearly it didn't matter how we won so long as we won. Yet how encouraged we should be.

Because if we can win playing like that - with such lousy passing, so little movement, poor quality corners and free-kicks and a total lack of second-half ambition other than to grind out time, we have nothing to fear but ourselves!

We were lucky but I don't care. I'll take crap 1-0s till the end of the season.

Really? lucky? Newcastle never ever came close once, their attack was toothless, Kasper could had fallen asleep. easy win, but just not scoring the 2nd made it seem closer. 

My god you guys... some of the posts are hilarious. you are acting like we were back to the walls all game.. LMAO Kasper had nothing to do, I can only remember one  lousy shot that was straight at him, he never had to dive once. Great display from us, kept calm and we took the lead early and just saw the game through, great game management!!! title winners written all over us. Very comfortable 3 points. Palace up next!, come on you Foxes!!!

Honestly, I don't recall a game where we were consistently beat on every 50-50 ball (aside from Kante, what a legend he is). Luckily, Newcastle didn't have their shooting boots, but it's not good to allow such easy entrance into the final third. Any team that is somewhat clinical beats us this evening.

Archived