Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fridgechef

International Champions Cup

I would prefer to see a proper pre-season training regime that focuses on the players fitness than a money spinner. How much would you get from it and is it worth risking for a potential injury list the big boys suffer from? We could recoup our money in finishing a few places higher next season and keep our pride at the same time.

IF we win the league, I'm also looking forward to the Charity shield. No ones mentioned this yet.

I think you will find I have mentioned this in conjunction with us going for the quintuple.  :D

Would anyone go over for this? Might be tempted if flights aren't stupid.....

FCK ICC. This should be boycotted simply on the basis of their previous comments. Absolute cretins who deserve absolutely no attention.

FCK ICC. This should be boycotted simply on the basis of their previous comments. Absolute cretins who deserve absolutely no attention.

Can't we boycott it over there though?

I really want to get pissed up with Leicester fans in Seattle.

We'll probably do it for the revenue (FFP and all that) providing it does actually make us money after flights, hotels, and other costs (e.g. a Jamie Vardy LA party). Plus it might give us more exposure to the US market.

Part of me would like us to boycott the thing though, in protest against the ridiculously stupid European Super League idea.

-----

Dear Vichai,

Your esteeemed soccerball team Leicester City is cordially invited to partake in the 2016 International Champions Cup summer tournament.

Yours sincerely,

Billy Big Bo11ocks

---

Alright Bill,

We've got Shepshed Dynamo and Oadby Town that week pal.

Soz.

Vichy Vich

Genuinely hope they turn it down out of principle. We don't need to get involved in all this crap and that Yank with his comments about the CL and us can go fvck himself. We'd look a bit stupid immediately entertaining all this elitist nonsense just because a bit of success comes our way.

Genuinely hope they turn it down out of principle. We don't need to get involved in all this crap and that Yank with his comments about the CL and us can go fvck himself. We'd look a bit stupid immediately entertaining all this elitist nonsense just because a bit of success comes our way.

Yeah lets just turn down all this free money and publicity. Who needs that, right?

We'll probably do it for the revenue (FFP and all that) providing it does actually make us money after flights, hotels, and other costs (e.g. a Jamie Vardy LA party). Plus it might give us more exposure to the US market.

To my understanding, the promoters cover these costs. Plus, exposure to the US market shouldn't be understated. I'm obviously biased, but the Premier League is growing quickly here and it would be great to capitalize on our success.

Yeah lets just turn down all this free money and publicity. Who needs that, right?

Well it isn't free money is it? In exchange for the money we would sign a contract stating that we agree to fly over and play a number of pre-season friendlies on another continent, presumably with clauses about our best players having to play a % of the minutes and lots more bollocks like it.

I'd have thought this season and a possible CL campaign next season will give us plentiful publicity tbh. You think an entire generation of young Americans are going to become Leicester fans because they once watched 55% of our first team lose 3-0 to Bayern Munich in a pre-season friendly?

I'd have thought this season and a possible CL campaign next season will give us plentiful publicity tbh. You think an entire generation of young Americans are going to become Leicester fans because they once watched 55% of our first team lose 3-0 to Bayern Munich in a pre-season friendly?

Well, the same "young Americans" are the ones who get hit on FT with PMs asking for quality HD streams.

Alright let's not make this an intelligent British vs stupid Americans thing when really it's a simple question of having principles vs being hypocrites:  I don't want us playing in a marquee tournament organised by a complete cockhead just because there's money in it when we've spent all season proving that it's not about having the biggest balance sheet and the most expensive players.  We're about to have our most successful fiscal year since the club came into existence anyway so money really shouldn't be an issue for anybody who isn't corrupted by greed.  The only argument that can be made is it would be kind of cool to see Leicester play Barca and PSG and the likes but we'll be doing that next season anyway.

How can people not want this?

The money this will generate will be huge and also our reputation in America and all over the world will increase.

we may be never get this opportunity again. Enjoy it while we can.

Archived