Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

The book - "THE UNBELIEVABLES" - it's happening

I have considered that. It depends how it goes - if it sells well then I'll definitely contribute a decent amount towards a tifo.

I'm not in it for the money but equally I'm not going to be raking it in and it's cost an arm and a leg going to every game this season which it would be nice to reclaim a part of.

I'm not putting any pressure on you mate. Just thought that you had ties with UFS because your Great Escape book is on their website.

• Like 1

Not me mate! I did a few bits for The Guardian and Daily Mirror a long time ago, mainly around the Sousa/Sven era.

Ah right, I thought you'd written for a paper I just couldn't remember which :thumbup:

I would like one free book please Mr Fez.

No, two. Two free books please Mr Fez.

Who let you log on? It's like an old boys club in here.

Well done Fez, looking forward to reading.

Looking forward to this.

Assuming the publishers have this covered (no pun intended), but if you need any help with the artwork then give me a shout.

Cheers mate.

It would be great for a City fan to do it but the publishers have their own people they use. To be fair his stuff is top notch and I can't wait to see how it looks: http://davewilldesign.com

• Like 1

Yes mate, it's just a PDF on the Union FS website under the News section.

Any plans getting it done as a book? It will go nicely with your next book!  How many copies will you make as I could be away volunteering in Africa when it come out and I do not want to miss out.

Any plans getting it done as a book? It will go nicely with your next book!  How many copies will you make as I could be away volunteering in Africa when it come out and I do not want to miss out.

Nope, no plans for that. I'm going to take a little chunk of it and nick a couple of ideas from there to put in this one anyway! That was only around 20,000 words I think, whereas this should end up being around 65,000. :thumbup:

From that article in the Guardian this morning:

“How can we make this madder?” would probably be an apt title when someone gets round to writing the book about what has happened to Leicester City"

"A book, incidentally, is three-quarters written (though Rob Tanner, chief football writer of the Leicester Mercury, has named it “5,000-1”)

"...supporters would get a free view from the roof of Bentley’s, an engineering factory in Burnmoor Street (hence the fans’ forum known as Bentley’s Roof)"

So many sins of omission. Let's boycott Daniel Taylor from now on.

(Only joking. It's a great article.)

Just in case you've not seen it:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/15/leicester-city-dreamers-dream-makers-claudio-ranieri

Hoping to finally sign the contract next week. I've seen the provisional cover. Hoping to start promoting it properly on social media soon.

Up to 57,000 words now.

I bought the book about Liverpool's 2013/14 season that the same publishers produced and it's fascinating to read. The authors of that are completely agog at what's happening with their team just going from 7th to nearly winning the league.

In comparison, this should really be 200 pages of wibble wibble wibble. It brought home how utterly crazy it is. I think I've been on autopilot for a lot of this season, unable to comprehend it properly.

Having said that, I wrote the intro for the West Ham game last night and scared myself a bit with how much this all means.

PS - meant to say, that is a great article and I'm looking forward to reading Tanner's book! They'll be very different. I hope people will buy both and not see mine as jumping on the bandwagon or whatever. I've lived this day in day out for over 25 years...

Edited by Fez of Mahrez