Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

The book - "THE UNBELIEVABLES" - it's happening

So I spent a tenner when the best bits have already been given out for free. :dry:

£9.99 paperback

£4.99 Kindle

You can get the paperback slightly cheaper from Hive and Wordery etc, like £8.89 or something.

It makes me kind of sad that people would want to exchange the lovely feeling of holding a proper book in their hands for essentially reading a blog on a Kindle of Fire.

Guys, go for the real deal, experience what it feels like turning pages with your hands and what a freshly-printed book smells like.

• Like 1

I've spotted one (ridiculous) mistake so far in my copy. I've mentioned a pub twice, once by its previous name and once by its current name, saying people were going to both at the same time. lol

Just getting that in ahead of the "I think you'll find..." crowd.

Running a competition on the Twitter page to win a copy from this morning til Wednesday: http://www.twitter.com/unbelievables_

Edited by Fez of Mahrez

Copies starting to arrive in bookshops.

Has anyone had messages saying they're ready for collection or giving delivery dates yet?

I've had an email from Amazon saying it'll be July the 5th.

I'll get this on Friday I think, who is stocking it please?

I believe Waterstones and HMV. Official publication date is next Thursday so they might not have it out on the shelves yet. Been interesting to see how it works for all these different distributors. Amazon delivery dates vary from already delivered to 8th July and I have no idea why! I think possibly... they've underestimated demand. Maybe.

My esimated delivery from Amazon is 6th July. Can't wait to read it. I have enjoyed Rob Tanner's book, but it just lacks something, i think it's because he's not a real fan. The perspective isn't quite there.

Can't wait for Fez's to arrive.

Found myself in my copy already. Can't wait to dig into the book whilst on the plane to France on Sunday morning.

As unsurprisingly my unique brand of nonsense didn't align with the tone of a real life professional published book here's my submission.

10 years ago I left Leicester to move to Hertfordshire for university. I'm 20 miles from White Hart Lane and I used to work behind the bar at the Emirates Stadium on Champions League nights. At times it seems like I'm the sole Leicester fan in a hornets nest of Spurs and Arsenal. After one of those Champions League nights I was serving Arsenal legend Ray Parlour but was completely focused on the TV behind his head. Yakubu brought the ball down in the box a scored a worldie for us. His Fosters went everywhere as I celebrated. Ray Parlour was not best pleased but I don't remember caring - we were 1-0 up at Derby. 3 years ago I went with work to White Hart Lane to entertain some local customers - all Spurs fans naturally. We were in a swanky box where a raft of ex Spurs legends such as Jason Dozzell and Justin Edinburgh were up front signing autographs and waving. Again I was more interested in the small TV in the corner of the room showing Jeff Stelling and Soccer Saturday. It was the last day of the Championship season and if we beat Forest, we could well sneak into the play offs if other results went our way. The free booze has started to get to me as 90 mins drew closer and I slouched off to the toilets. In front of the urinals were TV's all showing Soccer Saturday - I did say it was swanky - and as nature took it's course two things happened. Anthony Knockaert scored a late winner for City and Ossie Ardilles walked into the toilets as I celebrated, exposed to the world. The look of terrified confusion on his face still makes me chuckle to this day. It's safe to say that this wasn't the dream Chas and Dave were singing about for poor Ossie.

These two stories may paint me and some sort of obscure footballer dilettante but I assure you they are my only football related anecdotes. Fate then that the two teams vying with my beloved Leicester City for the Premier League title would be Arsenal and Tottenham.

For the last 10 years, every time I confess that I support Leicester City it's with a tone that's part apology and part shame.This is usually met with either sympathy or the response 'well someone has to support them'. The sympathy turns to derision quickly when they inevitably find the photo of the day Leicester were relegated to League One for the only time in our history. A quick Google image search finds me close to tears in the very first result. It made it's way onto the font page of the local version of The Sun newspaper. No hangover was ever as bad as waking up to a phone call from my mother asking me why she was seeing me on the front cover of the newspaper. The few seconds of blind panic whilst I stumbled back through the events of the night before trying to figure out what I done to find my way into the news still linger to this day.

This season however, my confession is met with wide eyed wonder, jealousy and admiration. It's delivered with pride, joy and a heavy dose of bewilderment at the position we find ourselves in. The question now is 'Do you think you'll win the league?' and it's me who drags out the relegation photo, as if to prove my 'loyal supporter' credentials. To show people what we went through as a club. To show we earned our time in the sun. I'm in the unique position that home games feel like away days to me with the travel involved. The atmosphere these last two seasons reflect this and hark back to 'the good old days' of Filbert Street. I can't speak for everyone else in the Kop but - I feel like I've been doing my part to help our team get here. Every note of every song feels like the wind in the sails of the 11 players on the pitch in front of us.

Here I am today, 10 years after leaving my home town to live amongst Gooners and Spurs fans, no longer talking about how one of them might win the Premiership whilst we languish in mid table of the Championship. Today all I talk about is Leicester City's chances of winning the Premier League. If you'd told me that last year I would have said there was more chance of me becoming a Belieber. Yet here I sit desperately hoping Andy Carroll completes his hat trick to take points off Arsenal as my phone plays 'What Do You Mean?' for the third time today whilst I sit at my laptop writing about us maybe winning the league this year. What do you mean indeed Biebs. Life has twist turned upside down and I am loving every bloody minute of it. I've never simultaneously wanted a season to never end and to hurray up and finish.

I keep trying to explain to non football fans what this means if we win the league. The best I can come up with is to ask if they remember when that dog won Britain's Got Talent. Then say well if you imagine Leicester to be a dog that the Britain's Got Talent dog met down the park once and then this random dog goes on to win the Oscar for best actor. And last year that dog was nearly put down. And that dog wasn't even in a film this year. And then they start backing away from me slowly whilst I'm shouting at them about Jamie Vardy having a bloody party.

I think City have broken me.

If we do go on to win the Premier League, my footballing anecdotes will no longer be set behind a bar at the Emirates or in the toilets at White Hart Lane. They'll be set at the back of SK1 in the King Power Stadium where no doubt I'll again be on the verge of tears.

• Like 3