Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Manchester United (Away) Pre-Match Thread/Thoughts

Van Gaal will know our strengths but will be too arrogant to  counter them. We will have a game where we have 35% possession but have better chances. JUst matters if Ulloa is fit or Vardy is not suspended as to whether we put them away.

Gray looked great so we will have a threat on the counter. Keep Martial and Rashford quiet and we should get the win.

Everton defending and our defending is light years apart. We are tight and compact, so Martial and Rashford shouldn't look as dangerous as they did against Everton.

I think we take this 0-2

Will also be the first game in a long time where won't have to make the running from the start, we can start being banked two lots of 4, and then hit them on the counter.

this game is set up perfectly for us, United have to go for the win. so do we, but we can win playing with 35% possession, no other team in the league does that sort of thing.

Will also be the first game in a long time where won't have to make the running from the start, we can start being banked two lots of 4, and then hit them on the counter.

this game is set up perfectly for us, United have to go for the win. so do we, but we can win playing with 35% possession, no other team in the league does that sort of thing.

Hadn't thought of that. Good point.

If we can beat Man City away so comprehensively, then we can do this, even if it has to be without Vardy.

Hope Ulloa's okay, but if we're without him and Vardy, I'd give Gray a start. He deserves it based on his recent sub appearances.

It would be a fantastic weekend to get these 3 points while the Cocks fail to beat Chelsea. Not that unlikely, really, either.

United at home are a very different prospect to United away. Only 30 goals scored at Old Trafford this season in the league suggests a tight affair. Fingers crossed the FA panel perform a miracle and let Vardy off any further punishment as we could really do with him next week. If not then same side as today but Gray to come on for Okazaki a little earlier.

Only problem with today's formation is the lack of forward options on the bench. Need to be in the game as chasing with no striker reinforcements will be hard.

I'll take a point if offered now.

This team just will not lose and we won't be doing that next week either. We will get at least a point as a worst case scenario. Spurs will win tomorrow and draw at Chelsea leaving us 5 points clear with 2 to play. The Everton game is gonna be the title decider, win that and we're champions. Beat Man United though and it will be decided next weekend I'm sure of it.

I'd definitely take a draw.

My biggest fear is Tottenham winning all their games forcing us to either beat Man Utd or Chelsea away or going to both and getting a draw.

This is not a great Man Utd team though and we have plenty of our players who would get in their team so nothing to fear.

I'm hoping today is a great day for us, Vardy doesn't get an extended ban this afternoon and Tottenham don't beat West Brom, what a weekend that would be.  :D

Schmeichel

Simpson

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Mahrez

Kante

Drinkwater

Schlupp

Vardy (if available)

Ulloa

Subs: Schwarzer, Wasilewski, Amartey, King, Gray, Okazaki, Albrighton

Whilst they have some good players going forward they are suspect at the back and with them needing to win there should be some space to exploit

A Spurs win tonight and the pressure is going to ramp up big time for this game. Us dropping points at United (which I think will happen if Vardy is out), could see them come within 3 points if they beat Chelsea.  :unsure:

I think we can do it but this is our hardest game of the 3 we have left. Top 4 is still possible for them as they have a game in hand so they'll be well up for it. Hoping Vardy is available for this one, although I still think we can give it a good go without him. Just need Riyad to be on top form.

Archived