Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Manchester United (Away) Pre-Match Thread/Thoughts

We simply must get a point here, minimum. Euphoria of yesterday worn off. Back to my reality. In that reality, Spurs hammer Baggies tonight and then next weekend all permutations are possible. Some are great, some are horrific.

We simply must get a point here, minimum. Euphoria of yesterday worn off. Back to my reality. In that reality, Spurs hammer Baggies tonight and then next weekend all permutations are possible. Some are great, some are horrific.

I agree completely.

It's very possible Spurs are within 2 or 3 points of us by Tuesday next week.

I want to win this game,i wouldn't settle for a draw.

Van Gaal will know our strengths but will be too arrogant to counter them. We will have a game where we have 35% possession but have better chances. JUst matters if Ulloa is fit or Vardy is not suspended as to whether we put them away.

Gray looked great so we will have a threat on the counter. Keep Martial and Rashford quiet and we should get the win.

Everton defending and our defending is light years apart. We are tight and compact, so Martial and Rashford shouldn't look as dangerous as they did against Everton.

I think we take this 0-2

Van Gaal was the only manager in the first 6 months of the season to show the humility to try to counter our style.

Vardy would be a big miss for this one, but we've won away at Spurs, Man City and West Ham this season and we'e winning at Arsenal when we had 11 on the pitch.

Van Gaal was the only manager in the first 6 months of the season to show the humility to try to counter our style.

He did - and he did it well, but I wouldn't argue he as the first. Very early on but I thought that Pochettino did his homework well after the Sunderland opener and the away game to West Ham by bossing the MF tight in front of the back four to deny space. Of the visiting sides Spurs, Man U and Norwich really took the sting out of our attack.

I think Spurs will win tonight and the point gap will be back at 5.

I also can see them beating Chelsea meaning the gap could be down to 2.

If we lose or even draw at Man U, meaning that any loss for us and win for them would mean they overtake us by a point or on goal difference...

That's why I hate it when some pundits say we have won the title. It could all change in a matter of a week's football. 

I don't think a point is much use to us with Spur's GD in mind. I think we should push hard for all 3. As Henry said, don't give Spurs hope.

We can beat them. I know they are playing better but they still have a clueless manager and are so inconsistent. 2-0 WIN. Defensive masterclass. 

Vardy would be a big miss for this one, but we've won away at Spurs, Man City and West Ham this season and we'e winning at Arsenal when we had 11 on the pitch.

can't see LVG doing anything drastic that goes against his footballing 'philosophy'. For him possession is the name of the game - he has been fortunate to have stumbled upon Rashford - who does look like he will pose some problems for us - because without him they seemed pretty toothless. 

That fonsu-mensah looks a good player going forward and defending, has some pace. I can see MAn U leaving a lot of space for us to run behind particularly if Vardy doesn't play.

This is a game where LVG will pretty much know how we are going to play, will be interesting how he sets up though.

Drinky and Simpson will have that extra desire to perform, but at this stage of our season i think everyone will be at 110% concentration levels. 

Before Rashford came along, I remember a game a few weeks back, Watford with Deeney and Igalo caused all sorts of problems for them, Watford lost via late Mata freekick. I definately think we will have more chances at Old Trafford than them.

I think Spurs will win tonight and the point gap will be back at 5.

I also can see them beating Chelsea meaning the gap could be down to 2.

If we lose or even draw at Man U, meaning that any loss for us and win for them would mean they overtake us by a point or on goal difference...

That's why I hate it when some pundits say we have won the title. It could all change in a matter of a week's football. 

I don't think a point is much use to us with Spur's GD in mind. I think we should push hard for all 3. As Henry said, don't give Spurs hope.

We can beat them. I know they are playing better but they still have a clueless manager and are so inconsistent. 2-0 WIN. Defensive masterclass. 

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you've said there apart from the point not being good for us.

We need five more points to win the title.

A point at Old Trafford means we still need a win and a draw from our last two games.

We probably have the best team we've ever had and Man Utd are as bad as they've been in thirty years but we're not that good as to turn our noses up at a point away at Manchester United.

Away win 0-2. Kante to dominate the midfield frustrating the hell out of Rooney who picks up two yellows...one for mouthing off and the other in frustration. Can see Ulloa dominating the airwaves with his aerial attack. Huth and Wes controlling the kids up front. All good and hope to see Grey involved with something special as he looks composed and confident.

This was the game out of the last 3 I was most worried about !

It's a dangerous game

Manure are really in the hunt for a top 4 and they seem to be playing well in bits and pieces the last few games

Let's hope thier inconsistent season continues

Could be a cracker , if we score first we will get something out of the game

But I'm worried about this one I have been since Christmas

Manure to win and draw no bet is 1/2 and 7/4 for us draw no bet

The bookies have them as red hot favs on that bet

Away win 0-2. Kante to dominate the midfield frustrating the hell out of Rooney who picks up two yellows...one for mouthing off and the other in frustration. Can see Ulloa dominating the airwaves with his aerial attack. Huth and Wes controlling the kids up front. All good and hope to see Grey involved with something special as he looks composed and confident.

Rooney getting punished for mouthing off? That would be the most unlikely thing to happen this season.

title decider at OT with 2 games to spare, i'd have been pleased with that at the start of the season

The wonderful, magnificent thing is that it isn't necessarily a title decider.

It is more one of 6 bites of the cherry at the title, for us to win our games or Spurs to drop points in theirs.

Archived