Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

No disrespect to Leicester but.......

I hate this saying!

All of the pundits who now have red faces from writing us off all season are using this.

No disrespect to Leicester but.....Arsenal/Liverpool/Everton/etc. should've took advantage of this season because the usual top 4 weren't playing well!

What a load of s***! We played well all season long and deserve it! We beat all the sides that supposedly should've been up there because we are better than them.

I could carry ranting on but I think you get it!

Also, please put all your evidenced (photo/screenshot from Twitter for example) comments on Leicester from red faced pundits in this thread. If we can get a few together, it would be good to do something with it.

I honestly wish someone had compiled every ridiculous, deluded, ill informed opinion that every 'journalist' or 'pundit' had spouted about us this season and made it into a book. I'd buy it! 

Get on it then, i'd buy a copy lol

I honestly wish someone had compiled every ridiculous, deluded, ill informed opinion that every 'journalist' or 'pundit' had spouted about us this season and made it into a book. I'd buy it! 

Do not worry. We can nail some of these knobs by holding an end of season awards poll where we can award, name and shame.

a Montage below the club logo and PL Trophy (if/when it happens) in a frame would be good :)

yeah bunch of w@nkers 

All this Spurs bottling it shit gets to me too.. since we beat them, they've won 10 drew 2 and lost 1. No choke at all, they are just getting beat by the better team.

We should all hunt all the comments down.

It must have evidence etc. maybe a screenshot of a tweet from someone etc.

If we start a thread, people can input into there?

this tw@ for a start 

Made even worse by the fact pundits (and fans) are raving about an incredible Spurs team, their best in recent years, who have failed to win the league.. because we've been better than them.

By what metric though? I mean having more points clearly doesn't mean we are the better team. We all know it is about pass completion.

I wonder if Atletico and Wolfsburg got this when they won the title?

It is only normal I suppose we still dismiss Blackburn's achievements because they bought the title, we still say the last United team to win the league was a poor one, it doesn't change anything.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it, when we lift the trophy it won't say anything other than Champions: Leicester City

We've not won the Premiership yet but the gap at the moment suggests that we've not just been the best team in the Premiership this season, we've been so by a distance...and were even effectively refereed out of the FA Cup.

Indeed had we converted penalties against Villa and Bournemouth we might well have won the title already and simply been stretching the distance between us and second place as a means of keeping the fans smiling.

Even reflecting on the games, I can't remember us getting much that win many points we didn't fully deserve. What sets us apart is our collective spirit and endeavour but that is supported by an incredible amount of pace, skill and skill at pace. The final factor is bravery and Mahrez summed it up when he said you could blast the ball at the faces of City defenders and they wouldn't even flinch.

That bravery runs deep through the huge great heart of our team and not just for the glamour games but every time those players and/or their replacements set foot onto the playing surface both home or away. From start to finish in every 90 minutes they work til they drop for one another. I cannot recall another Leicester team like it nor do I harbour the negatives of the critics now bleating that we'll never keep it up etc. etc.

This is just a start and I honestly believe we'll continue climbing any mountain that's put in front of us so long as we continue to appreciate and maintain the qualities that have served us so well for so long.     

I have a question though, how many of you will back us to retain the title next season or even finish top 4?

If you don't think we can, which judging by the comments on the expectations for next season threads most of us don't, then you agree that we took advantage of a poor league and regular title challengers stumbling, and when Chelsea, Man City, United, Arsenal etc sort themselves out we won't win the league.

I have a question though, how many of you will back us to retain the title next season or even finish top 4?

If you don't think we can, which judging by the comments on the expectations for next season threads most of us don't, then you agree that we took advantage of a poor league and regular title challengers stumbling, and when Chelsea, Man City, United, Arsenal etc sort themselves out we won't win the league.

There's no magic wand out there to "sort" anyone. Nor is there a single team in today's Premiership that we can't compete against. Every time I've looked at Leicester from an ex-player's point of view I've thought what a nightmare it would be trying to find time and space against them. We're like co-ordinated wasps. We swarm around anyone on the ball and fly in from all angles. It's not just a matter of the top teams singing superstars (if they can). It's about signing people who want to compete with our intensity as well.      

I think we will be a top 6 side if we keep the big guns (Mahrez, Kante, Vardy) and invest in a bigger squad. The Champions League will make it hard to compete for the title again but you couldn't rule it out. For a season and a quarter we've been incredible.

Can we have a poll now for the most ridiculous comment and then quickly arrange a tifo of it for everton lol

Haha, lol I like the idea of 20 mini banners around the ground with

" we haven't played anyone good yet " 

" just hoof it "

....feel free to add more

I get your point and that's fine. But the plaudits we do deserve from this year, we are not getting. The red faces should turn around and state they got us wrong. They won't do that though because they believe they are meant to foresee these things. So they have to come out with some other cr*p.

There's no magic wand out there to "sort" anyone. Nor is there a single team in today's Premiership that we can't compete against. Every time I've looked at Leicester from an ex-player's point of view I've thought what a nightmare it would be trying to find time and space against them. We're like co-ordinated wasps. We swarm around anyone on the ball and fly in from all angles. It's not just a matter of the top teams singing superstars (if they can). It's about signing people who want to compete with our intensity as well.      

I don't disagree, I think Liverpool could be a good bet for the title next season as they have been developing as a team under Klopp.

I just find it funny you have people frothing at the mouth at anyone who dares say anything about how this was a poor league and the established elite were under performing and we were performing to an unprecedented level of over achievement and yet the same people are saying that next season they would be happy with a top half finish.

Archived