Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

No disrespect to Leicester but.......

We've been in the top two since around November, six months, 26 games, that ain't no fluke or being lucky.

We have gone out to win every game, given full respect to each team we have played, which is key to success. Long may it continue.

I know every team probably in Europe will be looking at the Leicester "model" and trying to replicate it or at least change their mindset to realise that football is once again a team game and that two or three world class players doesn't now bring automatic success.

I get your point and that's fine. But the plaudits we do deserve from this year, we are not getting. The red faces should turn around and state they got us wrong. They won't do that though because they believe they are meant to foresee these things. So they have to come out with some other cr*p.

We have been praised to high heaven for over a year now, but as the season comes to an end people will look back and say Arsenal under performed, they looked terrifying at times, but injuries and a lack of bottle cost them. Same for Man City, their first 11 is frightening but very rarely deployed  together due to injuries to key players, De Bruyne, Aguero, Kompany, Silva, Sterling, Hart all missed games through injury and their back ups were poor. Chelsea with the same players and manager went from comfortable champions to relegation candidates in an unprecedented loss of form.

We have been magnificent and have benefited from the element of surprise, teams under-estimating us, then getting themselves in a mess trying to deal with us, we have also worked exceptionally hard to keep our players fit and sharp (that is not luck).

The problem is people ran out of superlatives for us a few months ago, so they have to look for other things to say.

The only real difference I can see between this season and the last is Chelsea being so poor, it was like we had swapped places, other wise Man City, Arsenal etc., have performed pretty much as last.

I never expected us to carry on the form from the end of last season let alone continue it for the entire season after losing the manager and last seasons star player, Cambiasso.

Next season is going to be new territory too with the preseason Champions cup, Community shield and Champions League but I'd be surprised if we did not finish in the top ten and I think CR will want a Champions League spot as a  target after survival is confirmed.

The Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/season-predictions-writers-pick-winners-6212752

Chief sports writer Dave Kidd is sticking with Chelsea for the title

Premier League

Champions: Chelsea
Runners Up: Man City
Third: Arsenal
Fourth: Man United

Relegation

18th: Watford
19th: Bournemouth
20th: Leicester

Championship: Derby

League 1: Sheffield United

League 2: Plymouth

FA Cup: Man United

League Cup: Man City

Champions League: Barcelona

Guest bennytwohats

There's no magic wand out there to "sort" anyone. Nor is there a single team in today's Premiership that we can't compete against. Every time I've looked at Leicester from an ex-player's point of view I've thought what a nightmare it would be trying to find time and space against them. We're like co-ordinated wasps. We swarm around anyone on the ball and fly in from all angles. It's not just a matter of the top teams singing superstars (if they can). It's about signing people who want to compete with our intensity as well.      

It's a really interesting point but we also have the minefield of where we go from here.

One thing that is fair to say is that we haven't played too many games this year. If we progress further in the domestic cups, as well as CL, we undoubtedly need to sign a fair few players to allow us to cope with that. That is not straightforward as we need to get the right players that will fit with our approach/intensity as you say. Also we need to try and hold on to the players we currently do have.

I've no doubt that we have the right people at the club to try and guide us through that - but it isn't an easy thing to do.

Will be very interested to see how the summer plays out.

Guest bennytwohats

On the other teams bottling it point it's ridiculous. Other team's being better wouldn't have a massive effect on where we are (Maximum we would be is 6 points lower - Although we haven't taken more than 4 points off any of the supposed contenders so far). The point is how you perform against everyone else. We have done that better than anybody else this season. Period. That's why we're top.

What those pundits fail to acknowledge is that if Chelsea, Arsenal etc had stepped up then we would still be fighting them right until the end.

Do not worry. We can nail some of these knobs by holding an end of season awards poll where we can award, name and shame.

I have been thinking exactly the same. We could publish the results of our own poll together with some of the absolute garbage many of these ex players have spouted. In the Souness combined Leicester and Spurs team there are only two of our boys. What a kno*! Many of the ex Spurs players on TV  almost choke vomit having to admit that we have a 'good' team. So many of them hate it.

Phil Thompson and Matt Le Tissier are about the best for Leicester.

To be fair everyone I speak to praises Leicester, yes some predicted relegation at the start but so did some of us. It's what makes our achievement all the more incredible (the best of all time in any sport), if people are still slagging us off fair enough, but you can't blame people for their 'predictions'

I hate this saying!

All of the pundits who now have red faces from writing us off all season are using this.

No disrespect to Leicester but.....Arsenal/Liverpool/Everton/etc. should've took advantage of this season because the usual top 4 weren't playing well!

What a load of s***! We played well all season long and deserve it! We beat all the sides that supposedly should've been up there because we are better than them.

I could carry ranting on but I think you get it!

Also, please put all your evidenced (photo/screenshot from Twitter for example) comments on Leicester from red faced pundits in this thread. If we can get a few together, it would be good to do something with it.

The Best Spurs side in years havnt been able to catch us soo...

IN YOUR FACE EXPERT PUNDITS!!!!!!

Anyone is on Twitter and does a search for Ranieri and the words Dreadful, Awful, Terrible, Disaster etc and scroll through to July last year it could become like shooting fish in a barrel.

I have a question though, how many of you will back us to retain the title next season or even finish top 4?

If you don't think we can, which judging by the comments on the expectations for next season threads most of us don't, then you agree that we took advantage of a poor league and regular title challengers stumbling, and when Chelsea, Man City, United, Arsenal etc sort themselves out we won't win the league.

We took advantage of the top clubs underachieving, that much is obvious.

Of course clubs like Leicester won't keep winning the league if the biggest clubs achieve their potential. Isn't that why people are calling it a fairytale?

I'm not sure how that equates to it being a poor league. The teams below us are still good, just not as good as us.

I've been thinking about making a youtube video celebrating this amazing season which would start with the pundits unanimously sentencing LCFC for relegation, but I dont have that much time these days. Hopefully something like this will appear sooner or later.

If those pundits had any balls, they should at least make fun of their predictions at their own expense (like Lineker did). And above all, they should acknowledge Leicester superiority this season. No matter how strong or how weak the league is. Yesterday big Real Madrid drew nil-nil at Ettihad with "poor" Manchester City (the same Man City which were whipped 1-3 by Leicester). Does that mean Real is shit, too? Poor quality of league and/or other teams is excuse of biased people who simply refuse to acknowledge the truth.

Before this season, I thought 12-14th would be a great achievement... In all honesty I thought Bournemouth will overtake Leicester in the table lol

If there is no major exodus in the summer, next season it's top 4 for me. Top 6 obviously still would be a great result. I don't care much about big clubs and their big transfers, their Klopps, Peps and Contes or Simeones, I think Ranieri's Foxes will deal with them accordingly.

Of course clubs like Leicester won't keep winning the league if the biggest clubs achieve their potential. Isn't that why people are calling it a fairytale?

I'm not sure how that equates to it being a poor league. The teams below us are still good, just not as good as us.

To add to that, funny how such a poor league can have 3rd/4th place team in the semis of the Champions league and 7th place team in the semis of Europa league. Having knocked out PSG and Dortmund respectively. 

I have kept the Racing Post season preview, it's a great read. Though much has been said about £5,000-1 title odds, the bookies did not tip us for relegation. We were in fact predicted to finish 5th or 6th bottom by them.

It was the pundits who, almost unanimously, thought we would go down. We can all admit that we never saw a title challenge coming (apart from that guy who started a thread asking if we could win it after 2 games, please somebody dig that up lol) but back then I had no idea why we were being predicted to get relegated. I knew then the squad we had was too good and should never have even struggled last season.

It was just an easy option for some pundits who seem to think Newcastle would magically improve for no reason and that Sherwood was a genius who'd keep Villa out of trouble.

Funnier still was players like Jordan Veretout thinking Villa were a better shout because they won the title 35 years ago. When people said they were a more attractive proposition than us, I explained why that was bollocks. Clearly we were more likely to finish above them than the other way around.

So I'm feeling a bit smug about it tbh. Now I know how Col feels 24/7.

I don't think it has been a poor league, just inconsistent and unpredictable, but that is the thinking of the press, that big teams have been poor = poor league. We are top because we have been the most consistent results wise, we had one mini blip were lost 1 and drew 2 and scored 0, other than that we have scored in every game and had the strength to find the result when not paying at our best, or coming up against tough opposition.

I honestly wish someone had compiled every ridiculous, deluded, ill informed opinion that every 'journalist' or 'pundit' had spouted about us this season and made it into a book. I'd buy it!

If there was a book naming a shaming all the nonsense transfer rumours, the made up stories I honestly believe ssn run with to inflate and massage the transfer market. All the players written off by so called experts.

If that was all collated in a book you would get a really good idea of who the biggest offenders are and perhaps it may serve as a deterrent to future columnist / pundits writing absolutely sh1te.

To add to that, funny how such a poor league can have 3rd/4th place team in the semis of the Champions league and 7th place team in the semis of Europa league. Having knocked out PSG and Dortmund respectively. 

This

Even their argument that the Premier League isn't what it used to be compared to the rest of Europe has fallen flat on it's face.

An English team in each of the European semi's.  Whoops!

we deserve a hell of a lot of respect and praise, its not are fault that the so called top four have been sh*t all season. everyone has been waiting for us to slip up, they said wait until they get injuries or lose a couple of games. it is just because they are so used to the top four-six being the same all the time and expect the big clubs to come good. so I ask this of all so called experts do u want a premier league were it is the same old clubs fighting it ourt season after season or do u want clubs like the foxes,west ham and spurs to get in the mix.

Archived