Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

No disrespect to Leicester but.......

This

Even their argument that the Premier League isn't what it used to be compared to the rest of Europe has fallen flat on it's face.

An English team in each of the European semi's.  Whoops!

And neither of them in the top 2 of this failing Premier League.......

On the other teams bottling it point it's ridiculous. Other team's being better wouldn't have a massive effect on where we are (Maximum we would be is 6 points lower - Although we haven't taken more than 4 points off any of the supposed contenders so far). The point is how you perform against everyone else. We have done that better than anybody else this season. Period. That's why we're top.

What those pundits fail to acknowledge is that if Chelsea, Arsenal etc had stepped up then we would still be fighting them right until the end.

Exactly. Teams that win the title usually do so because they are consistent against every other team in the League.

Chelsea won the League not because of their pretty football, but because they were ruthlessly efficient and got results at places like Man City and Spurs, as well as against the likes of Sunderland, Norwich and Swansea. Sound familiar?

There are only 3 teams who have picked up more than a single point against us this season.

That’s what Champions do.

Robbie Earle when we appointed Ranieri "They are 5000/1 for a reason. And I wouldn't even waste a pound on it."

This one gets my vote... :D

Haha, lol I like the idea of 20 mini banners around the ground with

" we haven't played anyone good yet " 

" just hoof it "

....feel free to add more

Yes a 'we haven't played anyone good yet' banner should we win it would be amazing.

The latest thing they are saying is 'Well they might win it this season but wouldn't be surprised if they are relegated next season.'

Haha, lol I like the idea of 20 mini banners around the ground with

" we haven't played anyone good yet " 

" just hoof it "

....feel free to add more

That's good

if we can't be bothered with all the banners.... just have a sign that says

"We play Kick and Rush"

"Just Hoof it..."

"we haven't played anyone good yet "

- with a small correction, to the 'we havn't played anyone good yet' comment saying -     '  <---  That's true'

I have a question though, how many of you will back us to retain the title next season or even finish top 4?

If you don't think we can, which judging by the comments on the expectations for next season threads most of us don't, then you agree that we took advantage of a poor league and regular title challengers stumbling, and when Chelsea, Man City, United, Arsenal etc sort themselves out we won't win the league.

Assuming that we strengthen the club considerably in the summer, I don't see why we can't challenge the top 4 next season.

Played less matches than other teams

No cup, european distractions

at heart - kick and rush team

big teams self destructing

lucky with transfers

bubble will burst

can't keep a clean sheet

grind out 1-0 wins

wait until they play the big teams

long ball side

less pressure because they haven't experienced this before

lucky with injuries

referees bought into the "fairy tale"

awarded more penalties

in reality massively funded by foreign tycoons

other teams want them to win the title

played teams at "the right time"

vardy dives oh and so does mahrez

not uncomfortable with the "dark arts"

play "basic" football

did a dodgy deal about shirt sponsorship to get around Financial Fair Play regulations

plastic atmosphere - cardboard clappers

too many London local derbies

Spurs have scored more goals, conceded less and therefore should rightfully be awarded some bonus points 

% possession statistics / % of successful passes / % of shots on target should be used to award points rather than final score

compare the net transfer spend 

they cheated by going into administration

the players are a bit dodgy/ racist/ criminal/ violent/ working class

will come a cropper next season

sure I've missed some....

Charles Aránguiz (1st August): "I am not talking about money. Between Leverkusen and Leicester, the best is Leverkusen; they're a bigger team. I want to go."

Still true.

We might be a better team now but we're not a bigger club than Leverkusen. About time people realise that he didn't turn us down for Gillingham but a club that failed to qualify for the Champions League once in 5 seasons..

Played less matches than other teams

No cup, european distractions

at heart - kick and rush team

big teams self destructing

lucky with transfers

bubble will burst

can't keep a clean sheet

grind out 1-0 wins

wait until they play the big teams

long ball side

less pressure because they haven't experienced this before

lucky with injuries

referees bought into the "fairy tale"

awarded more penalties

in reality massively funded by foreign tycoons

other teams want them to win the title

played teams at "the right time"

vardy dives oh and so does mahrez

not uncomfortable with the "dark arts"

play "basic" football

did a dodgy deal about shirt sponsorship to get around Financial Fair Play regulations

plastic atmosphere - cardboard clappers

too many London local derbies

Spurs have scored more goals, conceded less and therefore should rightfully be awarded some bonus points 

% possession statistics / % of successful passes / % of shots on target should be used to award points rather than final score

compare the net transfer spend 

they cheated by going into administration

the players are a bit dodgy/ racist/ criminal/ violent/ working class

will come a cropper next season

sure I've missed some....

Don't forget all the doping. :D

Still true.

We might be a better team now but we're not a bigger club than Leverkusen. About time people realise that he didn't turn us down for Gillingham but a club that failed to qualify for the Champions League once in 5 seasons..

Yeah if that were all that he and his agent came out with about us it would be fine, but the reality is there were numerous very disrespectful comments. 

Also Veretoute getting his chairman to accept a lower bid so he could go to Villa instead of having to come to us lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

My favourite has to be the combination of "They haven't played anyone good yet", which after the Liverpool and Man City wins became "Let's see how they cope when they have to play the smaller (bottom half) sides"

Absolutely classic.  lol

The OP on that thread turned out to be scarily prophetic:

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:10 PM

i know it is still early days but we sit at the top of the tree. out of all the sides that played today we looked head and shoulders above everyone else.

united were poor and van gaal will struggle to get the new signings to gel - Correct

chelsea likewise were poor and if costa gets injured its hard to see them getting goals. they have also not won a game in pre season. - Correct

manchester city have a tactically useless manager who seems to throw money at any problem ie 49m on sterling who may flop  - Correct

arsenal have a great signing in cech but otherwise have more or less the same side as last year.  - Correct

we seemed to have kicked on from our winning run and its looking like teams will struggle to stop us, if we continue playing this way i believe we are in for a real shout.  - Correct

I have a question though, how many of you will back us to retain the title next season or even finish top 4?

If you don't think we can, which judging by the comments on the expectations for next season threads most of us don't, then you agree that we took advantage of a poor league and regular title challengers stumbling, and when Chelsea, Man City, United, Arsenal etc sort themselves out we won't win the league.

Great point,and bloody true.. but I have always said, I am a fan who believes,

every season, until proven wrong.

Even without using that blind optimism.

# I never believed we would get relegated this season

# I actually believe ( depending on the changes that will come within the squad)

we again can secure top 4.

#Always argued againt the thought of a weaker league this season.

#Believe again those so called top teams from the last 10yrs will not have their own way.

#I am old school, I dont pss on any other teams parade, Spurs have been brilliant.

Without their injuries W.Ham.and Crystal Palace would of forced other upsets.

# dont be suprised, that Man.city with PEP dont get it their way.

# Sterling needs to prove he his worth 50mil and stop faffing about, now 1st season over.

# Liverpool and Klopp with Spurs could well be the new fighting contenders and Rivals.

## It all depends also who is wise, with their new high budgets, throwing money at it

will only entice teams buying good players, for WC players money..

# Not only Spurs I believe City will have a golden period.

Archived