Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

No disrespect to Leicester but.......

I actually believe next season could be interesting. Three of the top teams at least with new managers, possibly Arsenal too. Klopp with a transfer window, Poch kicking on.

Could be as interesting as this season with us in with a shout - now that would be incredible.

I hate this saying!

All of the pundits who now have red faces from writing us off all season are using this.

No disrespect to Leicester but.....Arsenal/Liverpool/Everton/etc. should've took advantage of this season because the usual top 4 weren't playing well!

What a load of s***! We played well all season long and deserve it! We beat all the sides that supposedly should've been up there because we are better than them.

I could carry ranting on but I think you get it!

Also, please put all your evidenced (photo/screenshot from Twitter for example) comments on Leicester from red faced pundits in this thread. If we can get a few together, it would be good to do something with it.

No disrespect but some twats are never happy

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/predictions-for-leicester-in-summer-and-next-season.416810/

Reading this p*sses me off a bit. Looks like we can prove people wrong again next season!

Was trying to figure out what comment #19 meant by

If they continue upon their DNA and not change much of their tactics, they can still challenge for the top four despite other teams being more mentally prepared to compete.

and then I looked at the user profile next to the comment.  Spurs fan.  :rolleyes:

What I really don't get though is the comments on there (and on other forums) about how the usual suspects will restore 'normality' after a summer of big spending puts them back in the driving seat.  Talk about sleeping through class.

At the time, I suppose the pundits were right.

When you have a Premier League that is 24 years old and nothing but five different winners to show for, then any team breaking through that barrier will need a lot of resilience and impact in order to challenge the status quo, so to speak.

Some pundits or papers might be using the laws of probability, others are deeply biased, who knows...?

I agree, it would be kind of funny to have a compilation of all the terrible things said about us before and during this season in book form.

However, winning the title would also mean a big two fingers up any London rag's or biased journalist's ***.

And in that case, I'd be tempted to start an "Up yours" thread aimed at them, but still think that it'd do much more damage if we simply enjoyed the ride as we're doing right now, soak it all up and rejoice. For everything else, there's the "Do they mean us...?" thread. :D

No disrespect, but little Leicester going to big Manchester United and winning the Premier League - it's embarrassing I'm afraid. I don't think it will happen, though, and I think Manchester United will win this game. 

Paul Merson 

don't know if it has already been posted in thread.

I honestly wish someone had compiled every ridiculous, deluded, ill informed opinion that every 'journalist' or 'pundit' had spouted about us this season and made it into a book. I'd buy it! 

I don't think I'd be able to fit the book into my house.

No disrespect, but little Leicester going to big Manchester United and winning the Premier League - it's embarrassing I'm afraid. I don't think it will happen, though, and I think Manchester United will win this game.

Paul Merson

don't know if it has already been posted in thread.

Merson has been tipping is to fail for weeks, clown

No disrespect to Leicester but.......

Played less matches than other teams

No cup, european distractions

at heart - kick and rush team

big teams self destructing

lucky with transfers

bubble will burst

can't keep a clean sheet

grind out 1-0 wins

wait until they play the big teams

long ball side

less pressure because they haven't experienced this before

lucky with injuries

referees bought into the "fairy tale"

awarded more penalties

in reality massively funded by foreign tycoons

other teams want them to win the title

played teams at "the right time"

vardy dives oh and so does mahrez

not uncomfortable with the "dark arts"

play "basic" football

did a dodgy deal about shirt sponsorship to get around Financial Fair Play regulations

plastic atmosphere - cardboard clappers

too many London local derbies

Spurs have scored more goals, conceded less and therefore should rightfully be awarded some bonus points 

% possession statistics / % of successful passes / % of shots on target should be used to award points rather than final score

compare the net transfer spend 

they cheated by going into administration

the players are a bit dodgy/ racist/ criminal/ violent/ working class

will come a cropper next season

sure I've missed some....

Now you've collated it all it's amazing to think we've truly defied the odds.

Just reading back over some of Merson's old stuff and his pre-match description of our game at Goodison Park, 5 and a half months and 19 games ago, was that it was "a game too far".

Had an argument in a shop on the way into town, the shop keeper asked me if he thought we would win it, then slowly started to pour scorn on the team as the conversation went along.

Saying we were lucky annoyed me but then he stated as fact we are and have been a long ball team all season, that we would be lucky to finish mid table next season and stated as fact we would get smashed in Europe and quoted a Spurs player regarding the team.

I said at the start of the season we played nice football with Claudio altering our play style as the season progressed and asked him how many games he had seen, to which he claimed no, we are nothing but a long ball team and he has watched every single match Leicester have played via a foreign stream in his shop.

I kind of lost my rag and told him he was talking bollocks and that I was leaving before I really lost my temper.

Not my proudest moment but I hate peeps who talk utter shite about the club when they are utterly clueless, same guy was telling me last week about what a good bit of business buying Kante and Mahrez was preseason  :rolleyes:.

Had an argument in a shop on the way into town, the shop keeper asked me if he thought we would win it, then slowly started to pour scorn on the team as the conversation went along.

Saying we were lucky annoyed me but then he stated as fact we are and have been a long ball team all season, that we would be lucky to finish mid table next season and stated as fact we would get smashed in Europe and quoted a Spurs player regarding the team.

I said at the start of the season we played nice football with Claudio altering our play style as the season progressed and asked him how many games he had seen, to which he claimed no, we are nothing but a long ball team and he has watched every single match Leicester have played via a foreign stream in his shop.

I kind of lost my rag and told him he was talking bollocks and that I was leaving before I really lost my temper.

Not my proudest moment but I hate peeps who talk utter shite about the club when they are utterly clueless, same guy was telling me last week about what a good bit of business buying Kante and Mahrez was preseason :rolleyes:.

In circumstances like this, I think how Claudio would react, and I just smile and say thank you for your opinion, and walk on.

In circumstances like this, I think how Claudio would react, and I just smile and say thank you for your opinion, and walk on.

True, just sometimes on rare occasions my temper can get the better of me.

Archived