Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

What game was it you started to believe we could win the Premier League this season?

For me it was Man City away, crucial top of league clash and really proved we could outclass them away from home. Until then I had always thought we would get found out sooner or later and the bigger clubs would take over and we'd be fighting for top 4. What about everyone else?

30EFC72F00000578-0-image-a-62_1454767325

For me it was Man City away, crucial top of league clash and really proved we could outclass them away from home. Until then I had always thought we would get found out sooner or later and the bigger clubs would take over and we'd be fighting for top 4. What about everyone else?

30EFC72F00000578-0-image-a-62_1454767325

Ditto :)

I can remember exactly and it wasn't us who was playing.

i'd just been to Newcastle and seen us win 0-3 and was on a train heading to Darlington to pick up my car. It was Man City vs Liverpool for the 5-30 kick off and I wanted Man City to win because I thought we had no chance of finishing above them and I wanted to pull away from potential CL rivals Liverpool. 

It was the game Liverpool won 4-1 away and I remember thinking that we weren't completely without a chance of winning the title. I didn't believe we would as we were still 100/1 at that stage but it's definitely when the first green shoots of hope appeared.

Here's the table that day:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34818423

Man city away, but then the days between match days I began to think no, it won't happen to us, followed by jubilation on/after match days, followed by no it won't happen to us! Tottenham v west brom, I'd have to agree it's going to happen to us ;)

For me it was the Norwich game.

Didn't play as well as previous game and faced against a resolute Norwich playing for a point. Managed to turn a draw into 3pts at the death. Flashbacks of Fergie's Utd right there.

Liverpool at Home I secretly started to think we might/could, probably wasn't till Palace away that I actually thought we would, and Monday I became convinced we are actually going to do this WTF.

Has to be Man City away, like others. Up to that point I would have been over the moon with Europa League, but after we produced that masterclass, I just thought we had it in us to do anything we wanted this year.

West Ham at home when they hit both posts in the first minute, then I didn't when they got two late goals and the ref became a nutter, and then I did when the ref became an even bigger nutter and gave us a pen.

Archived