Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

What game was it you started to believe we could win the Premier League this season?

Yeovil away on that Tuesday night. You know, the one that everyone went to lol

I have to carry this around with me now to prove I haven't just got on the bandwagon this season 

Screen_Shot_2016_04_27_at_22_26_49.png

Top six: Stoke away - we were a whisker away from going 3 down before half-time, but the reaction of our fans when the lads walked in at HT was unlike anything I'd seen or heard from a Leicester crowd before. So positive when we'd not looked at all great.

Winners: Newcastle away. Not a game that I even went to but, as Gerard has mentioned, the day that Liverpool stuffed Man City as well. I also remember that there was something in the post-match interviews that day that told me the players believed as well, despite the 40 point rubbish that they continued to spout for weeks after.

It could all still go horribly wrong, but I don't believe that it will.

Man City for me too. My view that we were proper challengers was confirmed, bizarrely, after we lost to Arsenal. At the time I thought they'd be our main challengers and that match taught me two things; one, we could better them (we'd have won with eleven men, I have no doubt), and two; Arsenal were absolutely not going to be champions and we'd finish above them come what may. I dunno why, just something about their attitude I think. 

I don't think I'll truly believe we will be champions until it happens. I've had us as heavy favourites for a little while now and found it tough to understand some of the panic among fans after West Ham, but Leicester City winning the league is just too surreal to properly drink in until it's confirmed.

I was convinced we'd finish in the top four after we beat Spurs.

Could win the league? Man City - We were bloody brilliant

But then we lost to Arsenal, struggled to beat Norwich & then drew WBA at home so I thought it was all off again

Then we had all the 1-0's with the bulk of games having our backs to the wall, so it wasn't until Craig Dawson's equaliser in Spurs 1 WBA 1 that I've really truly believed again

Stoke 3-0.

I think I'd have to agree with this. We'd just come through a period where we lost to Liverpool, drew with Man City, Bournemouth and Villa plus that Spurs away win and the FA Cup debacle. There was a fear before that game that it'd all just peter out but we smashed them and seemed to find a new momentum that hasn't really been halted since. 

Sunderland away, been nervous every game, and expected the nerves to get to the players, with Spurs winning, what seemed like every game.

Credit to the players, held their nerve, just need it for one more win to make sure, but Claudio and the boys have been rock solid all season

Looking back at the results I think it was the Chelsea match back in December where we started to talk loosely about getting into the top 4 but was a bit of a pipe dream at the time. I remember in January when we won away to Spurs feeling that could potentially be a massive result, could never have guessed how big it was going to be 

For me, it was when we lost at Arsenal. I remember the feeling on injustice and the look of anger and determination on the players faces. We all knew we were robbed and I think that loss galvanised us to prove to everyone that we could bounce back and go on a run. It's how you respond to setbacks that set you apart as champions, and we've never looked back since that day.

Obviously it isn't over and until it's concrete and mathematically impossible for Spurs to do it, I'm holding back the celebrations.

But I'd started thinking (fleetingly) about the possibility in early December, then again when it was confirmed (after beating Everton away) that we would be top for Christmas.

However, the moment that I had an unbelievably strong "feeling" that it really might happen, was after we beat Stoke (at home) - Jan 23rd. Strange because the games after that against Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal were far more daunting. But that was the match when I suddenly felt the dream could become reality.

Aston villa at home. Seeing Grealish run and jump on Sherwood made me feel sick.

Then I saw the kind of spirit that has carried us through all season. That for me was when #Fearless really meant something, and knew this year would be special

Archived