Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

What game was it you started to believe we could win the Premier League this season?

I think Norwich at home for me.

Time and time again you've seen teams that are at the top play poorly and scrape a 1-0 win in the dying embers of a game. As the cliche goes "that's the sign of champions".

I have to carry this around with me now to prove I haven't just got on the bandwagon this season

Screen_Shot_2016_04_27_at_22_26_49.png

I just whip out my Leicester Tattoo if people start giving it large to me. Shuts them straight up.

I think Norwich at home for me.

Time and time again you've seen teams that are at the top play poorly and scrape a 1-0 win in the dying embers of a game. As the cliche goes "that's the sign of champions".

I'd probably agree with that to an extent too, especially when we were on the verge of dropping two massive points.

Our run of 1-0 wins were incredible and no-one should ever say otherwise. It was a Spurs fan saying it that really got the point across but he said for all he's sick to watch this, he's amazed at how a side who've never experienced anything like this have seen it through as if we've done it about five times already.

Liverpool at home.

I just thought that Vardy goal, along with his record, is what stuff history is made of. I was totally convinced from that night we had a massive chance of winning the league and was a very likely possibility.

The football we played too was the best I've ever seen. Was a real (emotional) joy to watch. To have watched pure garbage for over a decade to this with in a matter of a season was, and still is something, I can't get over.

Liverpool at home.

I just thought that Vardy goal, along with his record, is what stuff history is made of. I was totally convinced from that night we had a massive chance of winning the league and was a very likely possibility.

The football we played too was the best I've ever seen. Was a real (emotional) joy to watch. To have watched pure garbage for over a decade to this with in a matter of a season was, and still is something, I can't get over.

Yep-- when Vardy hit that goal against Liverpool, I felt like something extremely special was happening and that we might just win the league. The trip to Man City only confirmed that feeling.

I did put a bet on Leicester to win the league before those two games but felt a little ripped off that I was only given 7/1 odds. :P

I also had an acca on Leicester winning both of those games and put few on Huth to score against Man City. I should have never flown back home to New York, haha.

My West Ham mate asked me when I'll believe champions league is possible after the Man United game and I said if we were still top after January. He then asked me when I'll believe the title is possible and I said if we're top with 5 games to go.

But I think the game where I actually took our title bid seriously was Man City away. The Liverpool win got me thinking but the Man City performance shocked me into believing the title was possible.

I'd probably agree with that to an extent too, especially when we were on the verge of dropping two massive points.

Our run of 1-0 wins were incredible and no-one should ever say otherwise. It was a Spurs fan saying it that really got the point across but he said for all he's sick to watch this, he's amazed at how a side who've never experienced anything like this have seen it through as if we've done it about five times already.

Reading the fighting cocks forum when we kept hustling a 1-0 win was a pure "get the popcorn" out moment.

I'd think about getting home after a 1-0 win just to read the bitterness and frustration in their posts. I've enjoyed many a moment reading how unjust this all was on them and about the possession stats, chances created, goals scored and conceded and my absolute favourite was "net spend".

I should make a donation to that forum for how many pleasurable moments I've had there.  :D

Guest CityFan 06

I'd probably say Manchester City away, the 1-3 win. We were coming up against some of English football's finest stars, and on the day we were absolutely sensational. Defensively we were so solid as a unit (as we have been all season) and on the counter attack we were at our very best. We looked liked a team who were well worthy of our position. I recall also, about the three key games which were talked about; Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City (not necessarily in that order). We won two of those and lost only the one. At this stage I really started to think and believe even more to myself, this is some team we have here at Leicester City. 

Yep-- when Vardy hit that goal against Liverpool, I felt like something extremely special was happening and that we might just win the league. The trip to Man City only confirmed that feeling.

I did put a bet on Leicester to win the league before those two games but felt a little ripped off that I was only given 7/1 odds. :P

I also had an acca on Leicester winning both of those games and put few on Huth to score against Man City. I should have never flown back home to New York, haha.

Teach me your wagering ways!

Reading the fighting cocks forum when we kept hustling a 1-0 win was a pure "get the popcorn" out moment.

I'd think about getting home after a 1-0 win just to read the bitterness and frustration in their posts. I've enjoyed many a moment reading how unjust this all was on them and about the possession stats, chances created, goals scored and conceded and my absolute favourite was "net spend".

I should make a donation to that forum for how many pleasurable moments I've had there.  :D

It's honestly an absolute joke. I know Twitter's full of idiots but I don't think that's a totally disproportionate reflection of a lot of younger peoples' thinking (I mean what percentage of younger people are on Twitter? I'd say a pretty solid number) and the amount of them who cling on to irrelevant stats to try and one-up us is actually quite astonishing.

I've got one bloke there telling me that he's calculated that we should be 4th. Is it just me or is that completely ridiculous? It's a self-fulfilling prophecy and Arsenal & Spurs fans, two clubs who quite often fall short of their expectations, seem obsessed by them, and I think the two are very much linked.

There are a lot of things in football you simply cannot quantify and the sooner they realise that the better.

When we could - man city away. I was in the bottom tier and when huth put in the third, I just couldn't stop laughing in disbelief (after celebrating wildly).

Even though, barring a miracle, I won't be there in person if and when the moment happens, I feel privileged to have been there that day.

That was could - I still didn't think we would. Going 7 points clear the first time against Southampton was probably what pushed me beyond 50:50 to considering us favourites.

The fact that it hasn't been a gradual rise over several seasons or fuelled by a man city style splurge means it's still so surreal. I'm not sure I'm actually capable of taking it all in!

Barely 13 months ago, I was hungover seeing us limp to a dour goalless draw against Hull. Almost anything was more likely to happen at that stage than what we've seen over that time, ridiculous.

Chelsea. After Mahrez scored his goal.

Chelsea for me as well. Vardy and Mahrez dismantling reigning champions' defense and Ranieri sealing the fate of Special One with a cold hug. I thought, this is the stuff the dreams are made of... This is the dream team and Claudio is the dreamweaver. 

Archived