Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Are you actually enjoying this?

"Enjoying it" is not the fully precise description I'd use.

The season so far has been both highly entertaining and - with time progressing - nerve-racking. It's a special feeling similar to relentless joy whilst you're holding your breath simultaneously.

With all the past experience as a Leicester fan, knowing how things can go pear-shaped so easily and quickly, you'd usually expect the worst.

But this time, it's different. There's trust, there's faith, hope, sometimes even disbelief still - because it all feels so unreal. The speed by which it is happening and the stark contrast to last season probably also act as key factors.

It resembles the constant struggle between a realist and an optimist that share the same body.

Pinch me.

During matches I'm loving it, especially of course when we score! Or Kanté makes another interception! Or Mahrez makes another opponent look like a fool!

In between matches though it can be torture!

I was really really nervous until the spurs _ wba draw....

Now its sinking in a bit! And i cant wait till sunday!

Plus ive actually done some work this week rather than frantically reading atricles and watching vids about our 'lucky' season...

I'm enjoying it & it feels like the whole city is enjoying it too. 

I find myself talking to complete strangers I maybe wouldn't talk to normally, even if it's just about football......even if they've no idea what they're talking about & have only been 'on-board' the last 3 months 

But there's something in me telling me to enjoy it more - that I've waited 40+ years for it to happen & it may never happen again.  I feel like I should get pissed & run through the street naked, but I've got work in the morning.

Spend most days whistling or singing "Dilly Ding Dilly Dong We're All Going On A European Tour!" and actually feel like nothing can piss me off or dampen the mood right now. I don't want the season to end, watching us dismantle teams is a total buzz. So yeah, loving it.

I crave these posts.I need to find like minded people.I'm hating every second.

In between games I'm scouring the media, keep looking at the table and constantly thinking about the permutations.Sooner it's over the better.

I've been following Claudio with the baby steps, first 40 pts etc etc, well now it's just the Title left and it's not easy.

I honestly envy people who are enjoying the ride.

Fingers crossed.

Loved every minute until Christmas, since then I've been a combination of disbelieving and anxious.

On a personal level a lot of it is to do with the fact that as I don't live in Leicester, the swing in the media mood away from the "fairytale" narrative means that people have been waiting for us to balls it up and (despite the fact that I've been very low key to the point of being sheepish about our success) I know that there are a lot of Man United, Arsenal and Spurs fans desperate to lay into me if it does go tits up.

It was much better when we weren't on TV every week and every Tom, Dick and 'arry didn't think they knew everything about us...the price of success!

Loved and enjoyed very minute of it until the Watford game. Since then I've been a bag of nerves. It hasn't helped that we went on a streak of 1-0 wins so my nerves were multiplied. Swansea was the first game in weeks that I've been able to relax.

Loving every second of it. All I think of at the minute is LCFC, so as soon as Swansea finished I was counting down the hours to United. I'll miss it immensely once it's all over, and I couldn't give a fvck about the Euros this summer. Hopefully we finish the job and there's a decent season review to look forward to!

I enjoy it when I'm at the match... It's just the time before and time after it...

I've been waking up with a knot in my stomach every match day and haven't truly enjoyed the whole experience since Stoke

Get it done so that I can breather again

Fortunately (for us) the team don't seem that anxious!!!

It's the threads that ask "when did you start believing we could win it?" Honestly, we could win it on Sunday and I still won't believe it. The magnitude of our situation is absolutely incomprehensible to me. I'm kind of enjoying it but good grief the anxiety may kill me first.

It's the threads that ask "when did you start believing we could win it?" Honestly, we could win it on Sunday and I still won't believe it. The magnitude of our situation is absolutely incomprehensible to me. I'm kind of enjoying it but good grief the anxiety may kill me first.

Got to agree with you on this Swanners

Sums up how I feel

Kind of enjoying it but . . . .

Let's just win the thing now

Luke 1:35 - the abridged version.

Luke 1:35King James Version (KJV)

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

:blink:

I can't remember a season that I've loved so much.  I've been basking in the glow of the performances and league table with a stupid grin on my face for months now.  I've followed City for many years and have felt the pain of the all too frequent relegation battles and am looking forward to sweeping those memories aside and replacing them with the glory of the club gaining the top prize in English football against all the odds.  Sure I'm nervous, that's my nature, because if we were to fail now it would be the cruellest of blows and the club would carry the stigma for years to come.  However, I believe that we can win this and make this season the best in the club's history, and in the process turn Leicester City into a flagship for fans across the country who support teams outside the financial elite, who aspire to see their own club get to the top.

Loving every second of it. All I think of at the minute is LCFC, so as soon as Swansea finished I was counting down the hours to United. I'll miss it immensely once it's all over, and I couldn't give a fvck about the Euros this summer. Hopefully we finish the job and there's a decent season review to look forward to!

I'm the complete opposite. I'm absolutely hating the tension and worry that'll it'll all go tits up. The sooner this is done and dusted the better.

Looking forward to the Euros when I can finally relax and enjoy watching football again. I won't really care about the results.

I hate every second of our matches... I then hate the following 24 hours waiting to see how Spurs do... then I spend the rest of the week panicking and working out in my head what could happen, predicting results and the following league table situation. I'll be glad when it's over (as long as we see this out) The average heart rate in Leicester must have rocketed recently!

Archived