Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Are you actually enjoying this?

I'm enjoying it. The only thing I would say is that I'm loving being top of the league, but also I want to win it. So simultaneously I want the season the end, so we've won it, but I also never want this season to end because I want to hold onto this feeling of being top.

The world changed for me when Dawson scored that header. Instant feeling of pressure being lifted and from that point onwards I have had a nice time of it.

Before that, hated it, didn't even want to go to games. Too much pressure.

It dawned on me the other day that considering we're top of the league, looking set to win a maiden title that I'm not actually able to enjoy it - I'm not sure if it's nerves or whatever else but I'm just too tense.

Ditto, it will be one of those retrospective events for me. I'm sure i'll enjoy it one day, but the nerves, the tension. the lack of finger nails means I can't enjoy every game

It might sound mad, but I'd certainly say I 'enjoyed' (if that's the right word) the great escape of last season more, in that there was no pressure really - most people expected us to go down, I did too really, and yet we defied those expectations. It was easier to enjoy it because there was less of a sense that failure would be totally devastating - I'd resigned myself to relegation ages before we started our run. Every game we won was brilliant, and I couldn't wait for every single match because the pressure was off.

This season I've felt like I'm constantly on a knife-edge, yet I don't want it to end either... I mean, it's been hands down the craziest season I've ever experienced in football in terms of our performance, but it's also been the weirdest season I've ever had as a City fan. Complete euphoria every time we win and extend the dream that little bit further, then back to the anxiety of wondering how long we can keep it going and constant over-analysis of everything surrounding the club and the league... Pretty sure it's the footballing equivalent of bi-polar - from stunning highs to nagging anxiety and doubt. I think when it's all over, I'll be able to look back and realise how much I actually enjoyed it, but it will definitely be a retrospective enjoyment.

I don't know if any of this makes any sense whatsoever, but that's my two pence!

I'm loving it. Not only have we already achieved all sorts of wonderful things on the football field but our season has done more to project our club around the world than all the rest of our history combined.

Even people with no real interest in football have warmed to the almost unbelievable Leicester City story and winning or losing the Premiership title will only add to the legend whatever.

Not that I feel the least bit pessimistic. Quite the contrary. I have complete belief in the reasons we've done so well this season and in the players determination and ability to finish the job in style.

I like to get a little geed up before going out to the pub pre match by listening to this, a version of Decisive Battle from the third cinematic Evangelion movie.

I just love match days, this season has been like a good dream and I can even remember the feeling of elation after the Chelsea match, having a pint in the F-bar with my mates :)

This season has been full of moments lying in bed thinking 'imagine how crazy it would be if we ACTUALLY won the league'. I always knew we are good but I never thought we would come white this far. I have loved the wins, the atmosphere, even the press compared to last season has been a breath of fresh air.

It's only in the last few weeks that it has become almost unbearably exciting, and the goals are getting more and more emotional. Saw myself on MoTD2 highlights when we scored the equaliser against WH and remember very clearly how big a moment that seemed and the release when he belted it in.

I've never wanted the season to never end and to be done with as much at the same time!

It's crazy, it may never happen again but Fck me I've enjoyed the ride, however it ends.

The world changed for me when Dawson scored that header. Instant feeling of pressure being lifted and from that point onwards I have had a nice time of it.

Before that, hated it, didn't even want to go to games. Too much pressure.

The same here, I was suffering from anxiety about it all the week before but that has been released.

Whilst I'm fully aware the job is still far from done I'll only get anxious again if we still aren't Champions by Monday evening, the only caveat to that being if we lose to Man Utd and Spurs draw and we go into the Everton match 6pts clear.

Loving every minute. I'm 73 years old (STH) been watching LCFC since i was in short trousers. Never thought I would see a season like this, where ever we end up its been fantastic. Thought getting out of league 1 at first attempt was great, winning championship with so many points was also great, the visits to Wembley also. But this season and Champions League to look forward to next year. Not in my wildest dreams did I think a season like this would ever happen for Leicester. LONG MAY IT CONTINUE

Archived