Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Kasabian @ King Power 28th May 2016

So funny how wound up some people are getting over this.

2 options:

1. You don't like Kasabian. Don't pay £47.50. Don't go. Shut up.

2. You DO like Kasabian. Pay £47.50. Go. Enjoy. 

What's so difficult about that?

They're hardly going to do a free gig for JUST the fans. I'm not a fan of Kasabian - I probably wouldn't bother going even if it was free. It's unrelated to the football for me. BUT, for those who like both the football and Kasabian - it's a great chance to see a band you like, at a ground full of great memories at a great time in the club's history - it'll be special for you and worth £47.50.

Supply and demand. This will be in demand - people can and will justify spending £50 on a ticket. 

To be honest i can see a fair bit of trouble, Summer Solstace there was a bit of fisticuffs.

Although Leicester City is not specifically mentioned in any of the marketing material, Tom and Serge are gona be giving it the big'un.

Rival football fans, pissed out their heads at an LCFC celebration = fights.

Personally didn't see any scrapping at summer solstice but a Saturday in the sun (sort of) on the beers all day I can see why there may have been. However I don't recall Tom or Serge giving it to much of the "big un" back then and we'd just won the championship that summer too? If anything I was surprised at how much of a football fest it wasn't.

Agree with others that this should have been offered to STH and Members a day before or so,

Then go to people with booking history and then finally the public,

No issue with price whatsoever but this is being marketed as an LCFC celebration it should primarily be for LCFC fans,

I know Liverpool and Forest fans trying to get tickets

So funny how wound up some people are getting over this.

2 options:

1. You don't like Kasabian. Don't pay £47.50. Don't go. Shut up.

2. You DO like Kasabian. Pay £47.50. Go. Enjoy. 

What's so difficult about that?

They're hardly going to do a free gig for JUST the fans. I'm not a fan of Kasabian - I probably wouldn't bother going even if it was free. It's unrelated to the football for me. BUT, for those who like both the football and Kasabian - it's a great chance to see a band you like, at a ground full of great memories at a great time in the club's history - it'll be special for you and worth £47.50.

Supply and demand. This will be in demand - people can and will justify spending £50 on a ticket. 

Spot on. Its only a gig for fooks sake.

Agree with others that this should have been offered to STH and Members a day before or so,

Then go to people with booking history and then finally the public,

No issue with price whatsoever but this is being marketed as an LCFC celebration it should primarily be for LCFC fans,

I know Liverpool and Forest fans trying to get tickets

Why though? Are you seriously suggesting a member of the Fox Travel Coach One brigade who couldn't care less about Kasabian should get priority to one of their gigs over someone who lives elsewhere but loves their music, just because it's at our ground?

Why though? Are you seriously suggesting a member of the Fox Travel Coach One brigade who couldn't care less about Kasabian should get priority to one of their gigs over someone who lives elsewhere but loves their music, just because it's at our ground?

Would be the shittest crowd ever if they only offered it to season ticket holders. 

Yes I am,

But my point is those Coach One brigade couldn't give a monkeys and will not spend £50 seeing one of those 'new loud bands'. The only people who will actually get priority are LCFC fans who like Kasabian. Can't think of a better way to ensure as many LCFC fans get in a possible to make it a great LCFC day.

It's not as if I'm saying STH should be given free tickets. People who don't like Kasabian will not pay £50 so won't go and they'll be plenty left for other

I'm not saying it should be exclusively to LCFC fans but there's likely to be as many United and Liverpool fans at this gig. 

I'm not saying it should be exclusively to LCFC fans but there's likely to be as many United and Liverpool fans at this gig

As Kasabian are a band and not a football club, I am failing to see the relevance of your comment?

The City fans who do not like Kasbaian may buy tickets then sell them on Ebay to a Manure fan. Whichever way it is done non-City fans will still get tickets somehow. They are more likely to be genuine Kasabian fans rather than football fans or both.

As Kasabian are a band and not a football club, I am failing to see the relevance of your comment?

Jeebus, I just thought it would have been nice as a one off (like this season is) that it would be in conjunction with the club,

I fully understand who and what Kasabian are having seen them 4 times but think this could have been a nice opportunity do to something truly unique,

Apologises for writing an opinion on a forum.

Still think it'll be a good day for those people going

Personally didn't see any scrapping at summer solstice but a Saturday in the sun (sort of) on the beers all day I can see why there may have been. However I don't recall Tom or Serge giving it to much of the "big un" back then and we'd just won the championship that summer too? If anything I was surprised at how much of a football fest it wasn't.

There were loads of fights. 

I have seen Kasabian perform live 5 times and only twice seen them reference Leicester City and even then it was very brief. Solstice was about them doing a big out door gig in their home town and nothing to do with the championship.

This on the other hand is definitely a celebration of the clubs achievements.

Jeebus, I just thought it would have been nice as a one off (like this season is) that it would be in conjunction with the club,

I fully understand who and what Kasabian are having seen them 4 times but think this could have been a nice opportunity do to something truly unique,

Apologises for writing an opinion on a forum.

Still think it'll be a good day for those people going

So using your logic, season holders for Leicestershire County Cricket Club should have been given the chance to buy Elton John tickets first, as that happens to be the venue he is playing at. 

So using your logic, season holders for Leicestershire County Cricket Club should have been given the chance to buy Elton John tickets first, as that happens to be the venue he is playing at. 

Ok I understand it's not the usual thing that's done and we won't agree but just the fact this gig is advertised on our official website and it is 'to celebrate our remarkable season' makes it a special case

- The group will play a special gig at the stadium in May to celebrate Leicester City’s phenomenal Premier League season 

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/kasabian-to-play-first-king-power-stadium-concert-3084772.aspx#FSw2tVU1a43Kb3kv.99

It is a unique gig. It's not part of their normal tour. I just think something different with regards to tickets might have been nice.

We don't agree that's ok

Edit: Just read their interview on NME and take back my comments. I thought I'd read it was a party for LCFC but apparently not.

Carry on everyone :) 

Gonna be getting trashed at a Noel Gallagher gig tomorrow night. Hopefully be on the ball for Saturday morning alright.

Went to see him in leeds on weds. Let us know what you think. I had an amazing night some top tunes.

There were loads of fights.

I have seen Kasabian perform live 5 times and only twice seen them reference Leicester City and even then it was very brief. Solstice was about them doing a big out door gig in their home town and nothing to do with the championship.

This on the other hand is definitely a celebration of the clubs achievements.

Were you at o2 acadamey 2011 when Tom was basically Jizzing over Sven? Bit cringe that.

V fest '10 in Stafford was a massive Leicester fest

There was a gig planned for the end of next season anyway to coincide with the new album they just brought it forward due to the potential miracle, The stage will be in front of SK1, there will be seated and standing tickets.

I don't see any reason why ST/Members should have got priority, Although people with LE postcodes shoud have been given 10,000 pre-sale tickets.

Solstice gig sold out but there was loads of face value tickets floating about so not worried about getting a ticket. Would have paid £90+ for a ticket going to be epic. 

Hope the "Special guests" are better than Solstice.

Archived